Sheperdxgn

Mar 24, 2018
In the end there's probably no right way to do it. If you give a date and miss it, people will complain that you've missed it, if you calculate too much time, people will complain right away why they should wait this long, if you don't give any date at all, like DC from SS, people will complain why there's no date and if you provide progress trackers, they'll complain about the content of those and why item x takes this long. I'd guess as soon as one has got a huge playerbase there's no real way to avoid complaints. Somebody will always be salty for one reason or the other. I personally haven't really figured out which way actually causes the least drama.
I'd like to see Icstor try the SS route just for one update simply to see how that plays out , the main reason being Icstor rarely communicates so having only one progress bar in some cases is misleading maybe splitting them into sections like
-Coding
-Writing
-Rendering
-Bug Fixes
-Caroline Ovr Content
-Celia Ovr Content
-Neighbor Ovr Content
Will say a lot more than Icstor actually does, now obviously that method isn't perfect but coming from a Dev that doesn't say much as often, actions speak louder than words. When you give definite release periods and make promises that's neither good for the dev or the consumer what that does is raise hype while also in parallel raise potential disappointment. For the Dev should things not go as planned when the release date pushes closer you work yourself harder than your health can take to meet the deadline we found out this with BioWares DAI and many other titles, I wouldn't be surprised if that played a part in Icstor health decline.
Now everyone is different and everyone has different preferences me personaly I never had a problem with SS method DC gives news every few weeks plus with the progress bar you're not confused about what's being worked on. So I'll leave this post with one final question, would you rather a dev not communicate a lot and not show what's actively being worked on or would you still be fine with that dev still be radio silent but show you how the progress is going in different categories?

coolyama

Sep 1, 2017
I'd like to see Icstor try the SS route just for one update simply to see how that plays out , the main reason being Icstor rarely communicates so having only one progress bar in some cases is misleading maybe splitting them into sections like
-Coding
-Writing
-Rendering
-Bug Fixes
-Caroline Ovr Content
-Celia Ovr Content
-Neighbor Ovr Content
I don't know how dose ICSTOR manage the development schedule,but it's always good to breakdown your work into serveral subtasks to keep your game deliverable.

Reactions: saud cheema

Almighty

Engaged Member
Jan 27, 2017
I just know the damn Christmas update ruined everything. I hope he doesn't waste time to do another one this year. The only reason Icstor still got support because he completed his previous games. Still this long of a break after what he said before he took it sighs. Since Halloween is coming up I truly hope he doesnt waste time on that either.

Reactions: cimibibapa2

tarzan999

Aug 11, 2016
-Coding
-Writing
-Rendering
-Bug Fixes
-Caroline Ovr Content
-Celia Ovr Content
-Neighbor Ovr Content
Will say a lot more than Icstor actually does, now obviously that method isn't perfect but coming from a Dev that doesn't say much as often, actions speak louder than words. When you give definite release periods and make promises that's neither good for the dev or the consumer what that does is raise hype while also in parallel raise potential disappointment. For the Dev should things not go as planned when the release date pushes closer you work yourself harder than your health can take to meet the deadline we found out this with BioWares DAI and many other titles, I wouldn't be surprised if that played a part in Icstor health decline.
Now everyone is different and everyone has different preferences me personaly I never had a problem with SS method DC gives news every few weeks plus with the progress bar you're not confused about what's being worked on. So I'll leave this post with one final question, would you rather a dev not communicate a lot and not show what's actively being worked on or would you still be fine with that dev still be radio silent but show you how the progress is going in different categories?
SS route? Is this a nazi germany reference I'm not getting?

Ahjgfg

Apr 19, 2018
so this game is still being worked on? tbh i have given up all hope for it
i dont think I'll be playing the other versions the game stopped for me when i heard that there wasn't going to be anymore Sarah don't get me wrong the MILF Mom is sexy idk just something about Sarah i liked the most
What do you mean no Sarah? Plz tell me she is my favorite

Reactions: TomberryDude
Aug 5, 2016
Project management skills are very valuable and rarer than you'd probably expect, I wouldn't be surprised if Icstor doesn't have them. In my field of work they're absolutely essential and even there people do the barest minimum when it comes to preparing workflow sheets, estimating timelines, and tracking progress. Icstor is actually ahead of like 90% of devs just by having a progress bar. So many of them are like "yup update is chugging along, maybe next month?" with no concrete estimate or guess at what percent is done/left.

Megatron71

Jul 3, 2017
-Coding
-Writing
-Rendering
-Bug Fixes
-Caroline Ovr Content
-Celia Ovr Content
-Neighbor Ovr Content
Motkeyz uses a set of progress bars similar to what you're saying and communicates weekly via his patreon page and almost daily on his discord. It's this kind of communication as to why I continue to support Timestamps and stopped Milfy City.
Anyways, it's possible to have progress bars and communicate often and still deliver a quality product in a 2-3 month period without nearly the amount of drama as ICSTOR creates.

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
My disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined. Nobody goes the SS route anymore..
Why do I envision you wanting the scene where you wake up in a basement, tied to a bed, as a dominatrix looms over you with your junk in their hands, quoting "You are now in the hands of the SS."

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
I just know the damn Christmas update ruined everything. I hope he doesn't waste time to do another one this year. The only reason Icstor still got support because he completed his previous games. Still this long of a break after what he said before he took it sighs. Since Halloween is coming up I truly hope he doesnt waste time on that either.
Ohhh, that avatar of yours. Rupan Sansei (or Lupin in my country and everywhere else). Brings back memories of my early childhood, I still remember the intro song in my language even if it must have been around 25 years since I last heard it.

3.70 star(s) 411 Votes