DaveSAlan

May 23, 2019
Nice models & scenes BUT the lack of choice means may as well for wait for a gallery mod in later versions.

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
Weren't these women specifically brought and groomed for the current MC?

I mean, one was a virgin, right?

Apologies if I'm wrong... I would need to go look again.
But I wasn't sure ANY of the girls had been w the uncle?

Cheers
Yepp, they've been groomed for the MC

Reactions: Forgotted

Forgotted

Sep 1, 2020
Yepp, they've been groomed for the MC
Oh, whoops.... Sorry about that, I should have read your
other post a bit closer, but was buzzing through several and
sucking down my morning coffee....

I do like the game so far.
Pretty ladies, and fairly peaceful atm.

Would like more choices as well mainly because I don't
like KN's... so the more the merrier.

Cheers

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: HornyyPussy

DaveSAlan

May 23, 2019
You do realize that a story can be interesting even without choices right, say like a book?
Totally agree, but then this would be an AVN and not a game.

With AVN you can distance yourself a bit and just go along with it, including all the moments you'd disagree with, LI's you dislike, because YOU aren't playing, you're just watching.

But when you're asked to name the MC you're invested. Shown options? Now YOU are deciding the story somewhat. Then when it turns out the options are meaningless and you've no actual choice? Let down.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Totally agree, but then this would be an AVN and not a game.

With AVN you can distance yourself a bit and just go along with it, including all the moments you'd disagree with, LI's you dislike, because YOU aren't playing, you're just watching.

But when you're asked to name the MC you're invested. Shown options? Now YOU are deciding the story somewhat. Then when it turns out the options are meaningless and you've no actual choice? Let down.
I feel completely differently than you about this. I don't ever use my own name in any game that lets me rename a character. I usually use a default, and if I'm not able to, I choose some random name that isn't my own and then play. I'm never so immersed that I feel like I personally am actually experiencing the events of the story. It's like reading a book for me: I can feel badly for characters and experience emotions during events or whatever, but at no point am I ever under any feeling that I am actually in the story.

That's also why I dislike what I feel is a forced distinction between AVN and game that people make. There are definitely differences between VNs and games. For others it's clearly different, but being able to name the character you play is one of the most minimal IMO and has practically no effect to me. I don't think this should be a major point of distinction. After all, they are visual novels, not TRON or something. And many games (ARK, WoW, etc.) allow you to pick your own name. At no point when playing those do I think that I'm the one actually experiencing events. But again, this is just my own perspective.

DaveSAlan

May 23, 2019
I feel completely differently than you about this. I don't ever use my own name in any game that lets me rename a character. I usually use a default, and if I'm not able to, I choose some random name that isn't my own and then play. I'm never so immersed that I feel like I personally am actually experiencing the events of the story. It's like reading a book for me: I can feel badly for characters and experience emotions during events or whatever, but at no point am I ever under any feeling that I am actually in the story.
Maybe a bit of a misunderstanding but I never use my own name in any game, adult or otherwise. When I play a game that asks for name and apparently givens you choices then that's a role, that's a character you steer. Literally a role playing game.

If a game says "This is Gary, watch as he fucks ALL the horrible bitches in his college" then that's fine for what it is but if a game says "What do you think of this? Like or don't? Be mean or nice?" and then has the same result? It's pretending to be one thing whilst being another.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Maybe a bit of a misunderstanding but I never use my own name in any game, adult or otherwise. When I play a game that asks for name and apparently givens you choices then that's a role, that's a character you steer. Literally a role playing game.

If a game says "This is Gary, watch as he fucks ALL the horrible bitches in his college" then that's fine for what it is but if a game says "What do you think of this? Like or don't? Be mean or nice?" and then has the same result? It's pretending to be one thing whilst being another.
Ah, I see. Still, for me making the choices isn't any different from reading a book or watching a film where a character acts a certain way and experiences things. I'm sad if they're sad, angry if they're angry, etc., sure. But I never get so connected with them that it makes the experience too difficult for me to continue. But like I said, no shade at how anyone else experiences entertainment: I don't expect anyone else to experience things the way I do.

Reactions: Twistty

Thermophob

Apr 10, 2018
The word "harem" means a ROOM set aside for the women of a family. It is gender specific. Who owns the house that the harem is a part of could be anyone and is NOT gender specific.
It's Arabic word, and master of house is man in Arabic society, especially in Islamic context. Anyway, word Harem in European languages, have something different meaning. It means situation where rich and powerful man has multiple wives and concubines (lesser wives). It was, by analogy with Ottoman Sultan, applied to non-Islamic rulers, like Chinese Emperors, Korean Kings etc. Essentially its synonymous with polyginy (single man is husband to multiple wives).

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
It's Arabic word, and master of house is man in Arabic society, especially in Islamic context. Anyway, word Harem in European languages, have something different meaning. It means situation where rich and powerful man has multiple wives and concubines (lesser wives). It was, by analogy with Ottoman Sultan, applied to non-Islamic rulers, like Chinese Emperors, Korean Kings etc. Essentially its synonymous with polyginy (single man is husband to multiple wives).
I'm not saying you are wrong about the predominant usage. Nevertheless. The word "harim" means a room where female servants, concubines and/or wives and eunuchs (castrated males) are quartered - nothing more, nothing less. The word for the occupants themselves is "harimi". It literally means the people who live in a "harim".

The harem's origins date back to the Assyrian and Babylonian empires and therefore predate "Arabic society". In pre-Islamic Assyria, Persia, and Egypt harems also, often, included eunuchs. There are, in fact, a number of examples of female-owned harems, referred to as a female harem or seraglios. Cleopatra was a prime example.

I point all of this out simply because I believe that when a person says something "can't be this" or "can't be that" - they should know what they are talking about.

Thermophob

Apr 10, 2018
The harem's origins date back to the Assyrian and Babylonian empires and therefore predate "Arabic society".
Yes, and those were also rigid patriarchal societies, similar to Islamic-Arabic ones, which replaced them.
referred to as a female harem or seraglios
Seraglio is literally name of Ottoman Sultan's palace in Italian. Later, it was used as synonym for his harem, or any large harem.

pre-Islamic Assyria, Persia, and Egypt harems also, often, included eunuchs
Eunuch's were always parts of courts, and harems. Even Christian states had powerful eunuch ministers (Norman Sicily, Eastern Roman/Byzantine Empire). They were trusted because they couldn't form family and hence dynasty. When it comes to harems, they were there for two functions, first to personally attend master of house, and to do hard work. Since they were castrated, master of house didn't feel treathened.

Reactions: motseer

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
Yes, and those were also rigid patriarchal societies, similar to Islamic-Arabic ones, which replaced them.

Seraglio is literally name of Ottoman Sultan's palace in Italian. Later, it was used as synonym for his harem, or any large harem.

Eunuch's were always parts of courts, and harems. Even Christian states had powerful eunuch ministers (Norman Sicily, Eastern Roman/Byzantine Empire). They were trusted because they couldn't form family and hence dynasty. When it comes to harems, they were there for two functions, first to personally attend master of house, and to do hard work. Since they were castrated, master of house didn't feel treathened.
All good points. You are obviously quite knowledgeable on the subject of harems. All of this, btw, supports my point. For example, when someone demands that a harem member can't possibly be a lesbian - I say, they should look the word up before making erroneous claims. That's what "wordbenders" do - make up meanings. Say it often, say it loud, make it true. That's their motto. I take exception.

4.30 star(s) 175 Votes