MasterAmaster

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2023
I had an idea to improve the STD feature, if that is something you intend on keeping.

In short, the STD would prevent the unit from working for a few days and change a unit trait known in advance if not cured. The basic STD would change the Color of the unit but there could be STDs that change the breast size, intelligence or juice quality. The player could decide to let the unit be out of commission for a few days in order to get the change.

The goal of this change is to give the player choices and opportunities instead of the STD being a strictly negative effect.
- In the early game STDs would mostly benefit the player, at the cost of having a unit out of commission for a few days. Getting a Juice Type not yet unlocked in the Lab, getting a 2* juice quality or medium breasts would be benefits at this point
- Later in the game the same STDs would become detriments when your units have high quality stats.
- When you get the STD scanner you could detect the STD ahead of time.
- STDs could be resisted by units that would suffer no change: an Apple STD would not affect a unit that is already Apple.
- You could decide to send a unit that would benefit from the effect on purpose

When I played the current version of the game I felt like I had no option. You can milk units but Juice has no use besides contracts, which require quantities and qualities you can't reach. You can fulfill Auctions by creating a corresponding unit, but you start with barely enough money to create a unit able to meet the lowest requirements that can spawn (I tried, I saw a 250 energy unit once and it was a color I couldn't create). You can train the skills of units, but it gives no benefit unless a client requires it. I could only decide whether or not to service clients in the Brothel, the only accessible/affordable source of money.
This suggestion does not solve these issues. But once those issues are fixed, this suggestion would make the STD system more engaging for the player.
Originally I was planning to do something like what you wrote. Mainly it would have been buffs and debuffs related to the mood of the character which is influenced by the unit's stress level. If the stress level reach, say 80%, then the health recovery, stamina recovery, juice output and quality stats of the unit is greatly reduced. The mood of the unit is now set to the worst (depressed). There would have been an option to send the unit on holiday for a few days (for a considerable amount of money of course) where it could rapidly de-stress itself.

But, due to the colossal faliure of the game's introduction made me realize that I went overboard with the whole complexity thing. Now, I'm literally gutting the game to make it much more simpler as I have stated in earlier posts. The infection system in the new game will not include the infection screener upgrade. Instead, all of the units will have a new stat field (infection resistance) which will influence the likelihood whether the unit will get infected by a guest (with infection) or not.

Juices will have other uses in the future if the game becomes successful. Originally I planned the game to be only half part management game. The other half would be action (metroidvania). When available, you could send the units on missions for new upgrades, genes for creating new type of units (acquired by beating bosses), etc. But we'll see how things go.

And also, thanks for the idea. :)

b00marrows

Aug 15, 2017
But, due to the colossal faliure of the game's introduction made me realize that I went overboard with the whole complexity thing.
I have yet to play the game in either the last form or this new one, but i thought id give some input on this.

Complexity isn't always a bad thing. Complexity is maybe ironically a complex mechanic to have in any game.

Fundamentally in my opinion, anything complex needs to be rewarding and either optional or delayed in introduction.

Think of it like this, generally getting from A to B is a given. The basis of a game.
But added complexity or a harder rout for additional reward is key to a more complex but rewarding system.
Simplest example, a maze. But with a hidden cache of loot somewhere inside.

A simple (again i haven't played yet) example you could use is to a have a really basic loop for "contracts".
That being a basic, early, infinite contract that will buy any/all juices at a low price.
This forms the most basic loop, get juices, sell juices. Simple.
The added and optional complexity is fulfilling contracts of a higher caliber of quantity/quality later.

Now i see alot of talk about "STD's" and stuff, not a fan of that but eh

Start simple.
Introduce function of energy.
"Tired people are more likely to be get ill"
Say below 25% energy = exhausted. Exhausted means they can get sick.

Once this cycle is introduced to the player, you can add other things to it later in the game like STD's.
Once a player knows "low energy = exhausted = sick"
Than "exhausted = std" makes sense.
People who don't even wanna chance dealing with that complexity just keep people from being exhausted.

salaciane

Apr 2, 2023
quickly tried it, seems to work under linux, ofc not much content yet, but the game seems to run fine

yilkin

dl.rpdl.net
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
MILKEMALL-0.1.2
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

Seegurke458

Sep 23, 2017
i cant change the breast size and i cant see any animation or even a picture of the sex scene is this supposed to be normal?

MasterAmaster

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2023
i cant change the breast size and i cant see any animation or even a picture of the sex scene is this supposed to be normal?
Breast size change is only available when you have upgraded your Lab to level 3 (for Medium breast size) or level 5 (for Big Breasts). For sex scene, click on one of the anal icons (bottom row among the act selector buttons that is on the right side of the screen.) Currently the only animation in the game is anal, as stated in the Developer Notes. I hope this helped.

MasterAmaster

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2023
Thank you for having faith in me! It's funny that the same thing I started making this game is the thing I'm getting accused of. Have you even played the game so you know what it is about? It's about milking girls for their juice so that you can fulfill contracts and make money. Also it implies that you "milk" guests for their money. Do you know how much money I made with this game so far? Let me help you! It's 0 dollars and 0 cents. Indeed I milk you all out of all your money! But hey I have not specified what I mean support! All I'm getting is accusations and getting making fun of. You know it's not everything about money. A little back story. Back then I was a really big fan of Breeding Season. I don't know if you know the story of it, but they were really big scammers, and then the lead artist killed the whole milk machine, because he thought "hey, why should I share the fortune with these slackers". Then he started Cloud Meadow in the meantime. Another great promise. Guess what they are doing now. I was so fed up with the whole shit that I wanted to prove it could be done differently. I know it may not look like it but this is almost 2 and a half years worth of work (at least it took me this much time to do it from the ground up). And all I get is shit for it!

Reactions: Big Rooster

MasterAmaster

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2023
IMO, we should be reluctant to pledge support for a game with a title that clearly implies the developer's intentions.
But hey thak you! I am a great believer of fair trade! If I don't get a dime, I dont give a damn! It will be a great indicator for me that noone is interested in my game. So, go ahead and spread your bullshit!

• Hey there
Reactions: Big Rooster

nononomaybe

Jun 6, 2018
But hey I have not specified what I mean support! All I'm getting is accusations and getting making fun of.
Receiving a double scoop of criticism (fair and unfair) is part of publishing any game. It is worth reading honest criticism so that you can learn and improve. However, you are always going to get trolls and memers who fling poo at you. Just ignore that shit and move on. I'm not saying it easy to do, but bemoaning it is just a waste of time and energy.

MasterAmaster

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2023
Receiving a double scoop of criticism (fair and unfair) is part of publishing any game. It is worth reading honest criticism so that you can learn and improve. However, you are always going to get trolls and memers who fling poo at you. Just ignore that shit and move on. I'm not saying it easy to do, but bemoaning it is just a waste of time and energy.
I'm all for fair criticism and especiallly for constructive criticism! But this is just bullshit man! First I'm being of accused of being Mr Beast and that I'm promoting his shit. Now I'm accused of being a scammer for publishing a fucking game on a fucking website for FUCKING FREE!

Last edited:

AlexFenec

Nov 20, 2022
New update, nice!

The game still has issues but it is a great improvement over the first version.

- The notice to go to the lab when you have no unit is great! It still lets you explore the other menus and doesn't hold your hand, but it's a solid reminder for what to do first.
- In the Lab, the Breast and Type have active arrows and reset other settings despite their value not changing. It would be nice if arrows would get disabled at their min/max value.
- Creating the first unit feels complex. There are lots of stats to pay for and the player can afford all of it, it leads to questions about how to manage your money. Should you make 2 maxed-out Small-breast Blueberry? Or should you make 6 or 4 with lower stats? The player does not yet know what stats they need to pay for.
* I like how the Blueberry is the only available juice at the start. I think it would be more friendly if most stats were locked at first and would unlock after you are familiar with what they are used for. And a locked stat does not need to be at its minimum! Milk Production could be locked at 4 and unlocking it lets you reduce it to pay less!
- I like the removal of the Requests. There is not enough Trainer features to make it interesting.
- I like the removal of the 365 days to repay a debt. There's not enough content for the game to last that long yet.
- Once you have your units, the gameplay quickly becomes stale:
- - Milking units is not rewarding. You get 1 of 50 possible items requested in Contracts. If you get a matching contract you get 1 Client's worth of money for 2 days worth of milking, in the best case I noticed.
- - Serving Clients is not engaging. You choose which unit serves the client, but that decision only impacts which units are milked and which spend energy fucking. Energy management is rarely an issue since units can fuck 3 times per day at maximum and you get the full reward as soon as you cross the 50% threshold.
- * Serving Clients will naturally become more engaging when Experience is used for something, when you might want to spend more energy on a client to get more experience.
- * having different effects based on the chosen unit would make serving Clients more engaging. One unit could increase the reward, another could produce low quality Juice when fucking, another could recharge Milk when serving a client instead of every day.
- - Contracts are not rewarding once you start upgrading the lab. The initial contracts for Blueberry 1-2 star are satisfying but as soon as you you upgrade the lab and get more Juice types, the contracts start asking for more concurrent juices it requires more investments to have high and low qualities of enough juices to have a chance to complete a contract. At the same time the contracts become less rewarding per unit sold.
- - The only things you can do with money are buying upgrades, paying for STDs and creating new units. Creating a base unit takes ~7 Clients worth of money, creating a good unit takes ~30, creating the best unit takes ~70.
- * The player needs goals they can work towards. A good unit after grinding ~30 clients is too slow.
- STDs are not interresting, they just steal your money. Either you lose money at unit creation to prevent them, or you take the chance to have the unit taken hostage until you pay a ransom to roll a dice and maybe get the unit back. If you are too poor to pay the unit dies, effectively stealing the unit's cost from you. In other games STDs usually offer a choice: do you want to pay money to get rid of it, or do you accept a temporary reduced stat / disabled team member / inability to do certain actions. In some game the STD is not fixeable, but you have options for what to do while your unit is disabled. Here as they are now they just punish you for being poor and unlucky / not knowing the value of STD Resistance / not knowing how much reserves to keep, it is strictly punishing for new players learn this hidden cost.

Suggestions:
- Lock most of the attributes in the Lab initially, so the starting unit is appropriate to carry the player trough the learning process.
- Make a separate Upgrade menu for the Lab that uses Juice instead of money
* this creates natural goals for the player to work towards
* this gives new uses for Juice
* this streamline the progression of the player: you can only make 4-milk 1-star Blueberry Bunnies until you make your first Blueberry juice, You need a Peach unit to unlock Grapes and Apple, you need some 2-star Juice to unlock 3-star units...
- Use Experience for something. A simple feature would be a list of perks you can buy once each that increases the unit's stats.
- Disable STDs. They are not fun and there are other systems to improve/put in place before fixing STDs.

So, go ahead and spread your bullshit!
I think the post that prompted this reaction was trying to make a joke about the game title and failed hard.
Currently the game is free and has a Patreon and coffee icons in the start menu. It is not asking for patronship, gating content for non-Patron or even delaying public release. It is minimalist, it's accessible for people that would look for them and dismissable for people who are not. It is not a cause for calling you greedy, they are just wrong.
I feel like you are giving them too much credit by overreacting? Lets ignore the trolls.

Reactions: MasterAmaster

MasterAmaster

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2023
New update, nice!

The game still has issues but it is a great improvement over the first version.

- The notice to go to the lab when you have no unit is great! It still lets you explore the other menus and doesn't hold your hand, but it's a solid reminder for what to do first.
- In the Lab, the Breast and Type have active arrows and reset other settings despite their value not changing. It would be nice if arrows would get disabled at their min/max value.
- Creating the first unit feels complex. There are lots of stats to pay for and the player can afford all of it, it leads to questions about how to manage your money. Should you make 2 maxed-out Small-breast Blueberry? Or should you make 6 or 4 with lower stats? The player does not yet know what stats they need to pay for.
* I like how the Blueberry is the only available juice at the start. I think it would be more friendly if most stats were locked at first and would unlock after you are familiar with what they are used for. And a locked stat does not need to be at its minimum! Milk Production could be locked at 4 and unlocking it lets you reduce it to pay less!
- I like the removal of the Requests. There is not enough Trainer features to make it interesting.
- I like the removal of the 365 days to repay a debt. There's not enough content for the game to last that long yet.
- Once you have your units, the gameplay quickly becomes stale:
- - Milking units is not rewarding. You get 1 of 50 possible items requested in Contracts. If you get a matching contract you get 1 Client's worth of money for 2 days worth of milking, in the best case I noticed.
- - Serving Clients is not engaging. You choose which unit serves the client, but that decision only impacts which units are milked and which spend energy fucking. Energy management is rarely an issue since units can fuck 3 times per day at maximum and you get the full reward as soon as you cross the 50% threshold.
- * Serving Clients will naturally become more engaging when Experience is used for something, when you might want to spend more energy on a client to get more experience.
- * having different effects based on the chosen unit would make serving Clients more engaging. One unit could increase the reward, another could produce low quality Juice when fucking, another could recharge Milk when serving a client instead of every day.
- - Contracts are not rewarding once you start upgrading the lab. The initial contracts for Blueberry 1-2 star are satisfying but as soon as you you upgrade the lab and get more Juice types, the contracts start asking for more concurrent juices it requires more investments to have high and low qualities of enough juices to have a chance to complete a contract. At the same time the contracts become less rewarding per unit sold.
- - The only things you can do with money are buying upgrades, paying for STDs and creating new units. Creating a base unit takes ~7 Clients worth of money, creating a good unit takes ~30, creating the best unit takes ~70.
- * The player needs goals they can work towards. A good unit after grinding ~30 clients is too slow.
- STDs are not interresting, they just steal your money. Either you lose money at unit creation to prevent them, or you take the chance to have the unit taken hostage until you pay a ransom to roll a dice and maybe get the unit back. If you are too poor to pay the unit dies, effectively stealing the unit's cost from you. In other games STDs usually offer a choice: do you want to pay money to get rid of it, or do you accept a temporary reduced stat / disabled team member / inability to do certain actions. In some game the STD is not fixeable, but you have options for what to do while your unit is disabled. Here as they are now they just punish you for being poor and unlucky / not knowing the value of STD Resistance / not knowing how much reserves to keep, it is strictly punishing for new players learn this hidden cost.

Suggestions:
- Lock most of the attributes in the Lab initially, so the starting unit is appropriate to carry the player trough the learning process.
- Make a separate Upgrade menu for the Lab that uses Juice instead of money
* this creates natural goals for the player to work towards
* this gives new uses for Juice
* this streamline the progression of the player: you can only make 4-milk 1-star Blueberry Bunnies until you make your first Blueberry juice, You need a Peach unit to unlock Grapes and Apple, you need some 2-star Juice to unlock 3-star units...
- Use Experience for something. A simple feature would be a list of perks you can buy once each that increases the unit's stats.
- Disable STDs. They are not fun and there are other systems to improve/put in place before fixing STDs.

I think the post that prompted this reaction was trying to make a joke about the game title and failed hard.
Currently the game is free and has a Patreon and coffee icons in the start menu. It is not asking for patronship, gating content for non-Patron or even delaying public release. It is minimalist, it's accessible for people that would look for them and dismissable for people who are not. It is not a cause for calling you greedy, they are just wrong.
I feel like you are giving them too much credit by overreacting? Lets ignore the trolls.
Thank you for your detailed feedback AlexFenec! It's highly appreciated! :)

Reactions: AlexFenec

ohdear ohgeez

Jun 19, 2019
I just played it and I think you have a good concept, however the juice mechanic is very long and tedious, however I can't offer any advice on how to better it at all. Maybe less fruit, and you can use cut fruit color schemes, as a variant to another one. Other than the juice everything was relatively easy and enjoyable. Good luck!

Big Rooster

Engaged Member
Mar 16, 2018
But hey thak you! I am a great believer of fair trade! If I don't get a dime, I dont give a damn! It will be a great indicator for me that noone is interested in my game. So, go ahead and spread your bullshit!
To be clear, you have no record of milking your patrons. Sorry for the misunderstanding I should have worded that differently. So my comment was an attempt at poking fun at the title.
Good luck with the game.

1.00 star(s) 1 Vote