Studio Kuma

The Broke Dev
Game Developer
Feb 2, 2019
Thanks Dev really appreciate you taking the high ground, you have a very unique product with the art style and feel in the game. It really is outstanding quality. Hope the artist get's well, it is very hard for people who aren't artists to understand how much of themselves artists pour into their work (and this attention to detail/perfection can lead to health impacts). So keep kool, keep mentally well and Chistmas Holidays are only round the corner :)
Really appreciate the kind words and glad we got Night City to tour around and carry us till Xmas. :love:

Reactions: PaxHadrian17

LilyIsMyBitch

Jun 13, 2018
Seeing all the posts here and there, I feel the need to put up an official statement here to explain things out and cool down the temperature a little bit, at least I sincerely hope that can be done.

Firstly, I'm grateful for all the feedbacks and supports I get from this community, like many of you guys know, our game was initially released on RPGM and this community has taught me a lot since 2019, whether it's from Harsh reviews, bitchings, or from objective and constructive feedback and warm words and encouragements.

Secondly, looking at this issue retrospectively, there's a better approach, but before that, allow me to present and explain my reasoning behind the Reward System we introduced.

It was made to be simple, really, and to create a positive-sum end for everyone, really.

The artist spends their weekends (I'm sure you think the person who stripped your right of having fun during the weekends is a total jerk so please don't be one here and say the artist should work during weekends) working on extra arts for MT, free of charge, and we could use it as motivation to gather more supporters.

My logic was simple here: I hope our paying supporters could enjoy the game earlier than the public, I hope that would incentify people to support us, and we would get an extra scene in every update that would otherwise never happen.

But clearly, this approach has gone wrong, no matter it's the fact that how easy people could see it as a mean of "Punishment" whereas in reality the artist simply wanted to offer more to everyone, or people seeing this as a move turning against the community that we thrived out of. We will never 'punish' anyone - patrons or not. We were deeply saddened that the message got misinterpreted.

It's crucial the alpha/test build doesn't get leaked as it's lacking refinement and pretty buggy. It also hurts us financially as many of you know the cost of making this game currently outweighs the funds we're receiving from Patreon. We can't afford extra scenes content at this rate if the artist did not offer to work on it for free.

So in our next update, we will still update that extra scene, as our way of apologizing for causing this much of an outcry and confusion. The reason why we started to create Milky Touch is to make people happy, not the other way around.

In the end, hope you guys enjoy MT and Cyberpunk, take care.
always tuned in every updates of this game from the very 1st time it was in rpgm and still love it from its change, keep it up dev ❤

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
Seeing all the posts here and there, I feel the need to put up an official statement here to explain things out and cool down the temperature a little bit, at least I sincerely hope that can be done.

Firstly, I'm grateful for all the feedbacks and supports I get from this community, like many of you guys know, our game was initially released on RPGM and this community has taught me a lot since 2019, whether it's from Harsh reviews, bitchings, or from objective and constructive feedback and warm words and encouragements.

Secondly, looking at this issue retrospectively, there's a better approach, but before that, allow me to present and explain my reasoning behind the Reward System we introduced.

It was made to be simple, really, and to create a positive-sum end for everyone, really.

The artist spends their weekends (I'm sure you think the person who stripped your right of having fun during the weekends is a total jerk so please don't be one here and say the artist should work during weekends) working on extra arts for MT, free of charge, and we could use it as motivation to gather more supporters.

My logic was simple here: I hope our paying supporters could enjoy the game earlier than the public, I hope that would incentify people to support us, and we would get an extra scene in every update that would otherwise never happen.

But clearly, this approach has gone wrong, no matter it's the fact that how easy people could see it as a mean of "Punishment" whereas in reality the artist simply wanted to offer more to everyone, or people seeing this as a move turning against the community that we thrived out of. We will never 'punish' anyone - patrons or not. We were deeply saddened that the message got misinterpreted.

It's crucial the alpha/test build doesn't get leaked as it's lacking refinement and pretty buggy. It also hurts us financially as many of you know the cost of making this game currently outweighs the funds we're receiving from Patreon. We can't afford extra scenes content at this rate if the artist did not offer to work on it for free.

So in our next update, we will still update that extra scene, as our way of apologizing for causing this much of an outcry and confusion. The reason why we started to create Milky Touch is to make people happy, not the other way around.

In the end, hope you guys enjoy MT and Cyberpunk, take care.
I'd like to thank the Dev for taking the time to articulate the 'why' an early release could be bad and also that the intent was never to punish anyone but to provide a reward - incentive - to hold off on releasing updates for one week. Please thank your artist for offering to give up their free time on several weekends to create more great content for Milky Touch.

Reactions: Studio Kuma

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Just come online to find there's pages of the thread with people not happy about this "extra scene." I'm not a patreon so I don't know what this extra scene is. Can anyone clarify?
And Messieurs thanks for resolving the situation (and please thank your artist for me for their wonderful work on MT, as well as your voice actresses for their fantastic work).

Now some thoughts about the update.

Riley's route in Day 17 update was short, but very sweet (
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
well that really made me smile).

Also has me wondering whether
. That might just go a long way in further deepening Riley's affections towards him.

While it was nice to finally see Shirley in person (since Claudia did mention her couple of times to MC before), perhaps it's just me but I didn't really care too much about her in the end to be honest as a character (
).

• Red Heart

Space Cat

May 9, 2020
Octavias scene is a bad end one. :( You can't creampie Shirley because apparently main character is not a dickhead, even though in my playthrough he certainly is one. It feels like this game does not want you to have fun. :HideThePain: Pretty disappointing update.
How dare them assume I'm not a dickhead? How dare them steal from me the opportunity to punish & reward Shirley for all her teasing and patronizing?

• Haha
Reactions: Meridian

yandex

Oct 17, 2018
I want to point out something here which seemingly has gone unnoticed, many games have very loyal patreons and I dont doubt the patreons and supporters of Messieurs harbor the best for dev, artist and the game. The guy who supplied the game here stated that he personally doesn't play the game and was unaware of this situation, can't really blame him I guess. But even though this strategy did not work and dev has announced that bonus scene will be provided regardless, I cant help but feel that his feelings of trust in the patrons must be hurt, to that I want to say that it wasn't a true (as in involved with game) patron who did this, rather someone unaware of the situation trying to provide others with happiness.

4.10 star(s) 139 Votes