VN Ren'Py Minotaur Hotel [v0.6.1] [MinoHotel]

3.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Minoh

Sep 4, 2019
Minotaur Hotel 0.5 comes out today! You can check the exact release hour in the time zone table below!
1629457233161.png
To celebrate the occasion, and to commemorate hitting 3,000 followers on Twitter, we commissioned to make ! Follow us to help and get up to 4,000 — we'll commission another pin up when we get to that milestone.
1629457363564.png

Minoh

Sep 4, 2019
cover.gif
After over a year of development, Minotaur Hotel 0.5 is here! Over 300,000 words of new content. 5 new chapters + Ruthless & Hinterlands storylines. 20+ songs. Multiple CGs. Play it now and enjoy the next step in Asterion's story.

Minoh

Sep 4, 2019
Can someone request an update to this thread? It still only has the 0.3 builds in the OP. Sorry for not knowing how to do it myself.

Reactions: PaleAngel_90

PaleAngel_90

Mar 16, 2021
Can someone request an update to this thread? It still only has the 0.3 builds in the OP. Sorry for not knowing how to do it myself.
We can request it. But it's ultimately up to the moderator of the thread to deign to update it, or another user to upload it to Google drive, or any other service like that and share a link. Thread moderators tend to let things get old, except if it's a straight game (then it's usually religiously maintained) Which it's something I've realized here.

Last edited:

Minoh

Sep 4, 2019
We can request it. But it's ultimately up to the moderator of the thread to deign to update it, or another user to upload it to Google drive, or any other service like that and share a link. Thread moderators tend to let things get old, except if it's a straight game (then it's usually religiously maintained) Which it's something I've realized here.
Oh well.:unsure:
Thank you regardless. :)

Reactions: PaleAngel_90

bearcubfucker

Nov 2, 2020
It's a mix of factors.
I'll make no attempt to hide it that we really do like that body type so there is a bias, and that plays a role. Considering we aren't doing this game for the money, for the most part we allow ourselves to make the kinds of characters we like writing and drawing.
With that confession out of the way, this update has a lot of this bodytype mainly because... Well, a few months ago we mapped out the roster of characters we want to include in the game, and that selection was very diverse with body types. Then we picked which ones should be included now based on story reasons and the end result really was biased towards more bara characters.
We pick a character's body type to fit with their story and background, so just making one of them into, let's say, a twunk wasn't really an option we were happy with.
That said we do have characters that deviate from this pattern. One of them is the peacock character who plays a big role in this update and he's basically a twunk (pictured below).
We also have the snake guy, Argos, who's definitely on the twinkier side of things, but we haven't talked much about him because he's already in the game.
The next batch of characters (Build 0.6 and onwards) should be a bit more diverse. We do plan on having a very twink-ish character, for instance. And while a lot of the characters right now are on the chubby side, none of them are outright fat — we'll have someone who fits that bill in the next batch as well.
All of that said, chances are things will always lean at least a little bit towards thicker character designs. That's what we like doing the most, generally.
So will be ever made a sprite how the MC looks like? or will be a option one day that you can create how he will look like and how all the characters react to his looks in the game? BTW, really loved your new update and will write soon something about it on your itch.io site, got so many thoughts about it what i want to write down. ;)

PaleAngel_90

Mar 16, 2021
So will be ever made a sprite how the MC looks like? or will be a option one day that you can create how he will look like and how all the characters react to his looks in the game? BTW, really loved your new update and will write soon something about it on your itch.io site, got so many thoughts about it what i want to write down. ;)
I think Minoh will leave it to the imaginations of the readers, would be more versatile that way. Less conflicts with the storytelling that way...

Minoh

Sep 4, 2019
So will be ever made a sprite how the MC looks like? or will be a option one day that you can create how he will look like and how all the characters react to his looks in the game?
We probably won't, mainly because I don't think we'd be able to pull it off well enough to be worth it.
I don't know about others, but I've seen a few games where the protagonist could go unseen but instead the developers put in a character creator... and it fell flat for me because their options simply didn't fit with my self-image. In these cases I prefer to just go with my imagination, but having the game force an appearance on me just makes the whole thing less pleasant.
Not showing the protagonist has a lot of hidden pros that people don't notice unless they really think about it. Right now anyone can come into the game and, reasonably enough, put themselves as the protagonist of the story regardless of your personal history. In fact if you want it enough you can even imagine your character as a mythical, why not? Ignoring a few lines here and there to fit your head canon doesn't take much effort.
Meanwhile, putting in enough character creation options to make it satisfactorily robust would take a lot of development time. We'd want to have multiple body types, skin and hair colors, facial features... The more options the better, but also the more dev time it would take. And I don't think it'd even be good enough in the end.
Still, at the end of the day I can understand that having a character creation could be neat. I just think it wouldn't be worth it in the end, as chances are it would both actively worsen the game for a lot of people and take a lot of time.

bearcubfucker

Nov 2, 2020
We probably won't, mainly because I don't think we'd be able to pull it off well enough to be worth it.
I don't know about others, but I've seen a few games where the protagonist could go unseen but instead the developers put in a character creator... and it fell flat for me because their options simply didn't fit with my self-image. In these cases I prefer to just go with my imagination, but having the game force an appearance on me just makes the whole thing less pleasant.
Not showing the protagonist has a lot of hidden pros that people don't notice unless they really think about it. Right now anyone can come into the game and, reasonably enough, put themselves as the protagonist of the story regardless of your personal history. In fact if you want it enough you can even imagine your character as a mythical, why not? Ignoring a few lines here and there to fit your head canon doesn't take much effort.
Meanwhile, putting in enough character creation options to make it satisfactorily robust would take a lot of development time. We'd want to have multiple body types, skin and hair colors, facial features... The more options the better, but also the more dev time it would take. And I don't think it'd even be good enough in the end.
Still, at the end of the day I can understand that having a character creation could be neat. I just think it wouldn't be worth it in the end, as chances are it would both actively worsen the game for a lot of people and take a lot of time.
Thanks for the answer :) yeah, maybe it is better that way, so everyone can imagine himself into the game.

Sarkath

Sep 8, 2019
Minoh I finally finished 0.5 (took me a while, since I decided to start a new playthrough) and…wow. So much has been revealed, yet it feels like there are many mysteries hanging just beyond the horizon.

Here's a few scattered thoughts I have:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

As always, many thanks to you and your team for all the hard work!

Apologies if this has been answered before, but is there any way of supporting the project monetarily?

Minoh

Sep 4, 2019
Minoh I finally finished 0.5 (took me a while, since I decided to start a new playthrough) and…wow. So much has been revealed, yet it feels like there are many mysteries hanging just beyond the horizon.

Here's a few scattered thoughts I have:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

As always, many thanks to you and your team for all the hard work!

Apologies if this has been answered before, but is there any way of supporting the project monetarily?
Thank you for your kind words, Sarkath. It's been a huge relief seeing the reaction to P and Storm's story, for a moment there we were afraid we bit more than we could chew. Thankfully we managed to pull through and our readers loved it.
As for Asterion and Nikos... Well, there's some stuff there already! Depending on your choices the two of them might have met by the valley's entrance and played some music together. There will be more of this in the next build, we'll see the aftermath of what happened in Chapter 18 and both P and Nikos have things to say about that.
Thank you for the offer but we aren't taking donations. The sentiment is appreciated, though.

Reactions: Sarkath

Sarkath

Sep 8, 2019
Thank you for your kind words, Sarkath. It's been a huge relief seeing the reaction to P and Storm's story, for a moment there we were afraid we bit more than we could chew. Thankfully we managed to pull through and our readers loved it.
I suppose that sort of reaction is natural whenever a story pivots to another character.

Interleaving the hinterlands content with the main story worked out very well, I think. With the way P and Storm's backstory and relationship were built up, it felt like a bitter dose of reality in contrast to how well the MC's relationship with Asterion (particularly post-wreath) blossomed.

As for Asterion and Nikos... Well, there's some stuff there already! Depending on your choices the two of them might have met by the valley's entrance and played some music together.
I'm surprised I didn't bring that scene up in my ramble! I loved that scene, and that's part of the reason I was hoping they'd have a few minutes to reconnect in Chapter 18. :)

There will be more of this in the next build, we'll see the aftermath of what happened in Chapter 18 and both P and Nikos have things to say about that.
Awesome, thanks! I'll be looking forward to it.

Thank you for the offer but we aren't taking donations. The sentiment is appreciated, though.
<3

Minoh

Sep 4, 2019
We posted
Main points:
  • We're back to work, focusing for now on the side content (staff's hangout scenes). Chapter 19 hasn't started production. The next update should be short and come out before the end of February.
  • Kota's sprites were redone.
1641209712034.png
  • We are currently working on Khenbish's, Kota's and Wolf's hangouts. We are also working on the "milestone chapter" that will play once people finish Luke's contents.
Check the devlog for more info!

nackedsnake

Engaged Member
Jan 29, 2019
Not sure if you already knew. You can just click "Report" on the post with new version > Then choose "Game update" (you can also add additional comments).
And I saw you just released 0.6.0 on itch. Good work! (y)

3.00 star(s) 2 Votes