VN Ren'Py Minotaur Hotel [v0.6.1] [MinoHotel]

3.00 star(s) 2 Votes

UW0TM8TY

Apr 9, 2020
Hey Minoh, sorry to ping you again. This is my last question, I promise!

I understand that the 0.6 releases will be focused on the side character stories. Do you have a rough plan on the order which characters will be worked on? Pure curiosity, as I enjoy all the characters. Especially Themba...

I also wanted to let you know how much I enjoyed Khenbish's new route, especially the NSFW scene. I foolishly lost my old saves, but it was worth the new playthrough.

Minoh

Sep 4, 2019
Hey Minoh, sorry to ping you again. This is my last question, I promise!

I understand that the 0.6 releases will be focused on the side character stories. Do you have a rough plan on the order which characters will be worked on? Pure curiosity, as I enjoy all the characters. Especially Themba...

I also wanted to let you know how much I enjoyed Khenbish's new route, especially the NSFW scene. I foolishly lost my old saves, but it was worth the new playthrough.
It's hard to tell. The order of characters is not set in stone because there's a number of factors at play.
The most straightforward answer I can give is that soon I'll be working next on Robert's content and Luke's overhaul. It may not seem like it now, but both Robert and Luke have some important things to their routes, in such a way that the earlier we get them done the less rewriting we'll need to do later. Meanwhile Awoo is working on Wolf and Nemo is about to do a round of editing and some writing for Chapter 19.
Depending on how quickly I can do my next batch of content, I'll either do another character or jump into Chapter 19.
It might take a while before we get Themba out, depending on how our schedules line up (which in turn depends on very unpredictable irl factors). That may be disappointing, but the good side is that we are still gathering ideas for it and you can bet we are well aware of how much people are into him.
Considering the lack of tops in the game, I think it's just fair that Themba's content be very solid and satisfying in this sense. So consider this waiting time as preparation for what, I hope, will be a very satisfying top character.

UR Daddy69

Mar 6, 2021
whats the bull? to me he comes off as a vers bottom he also comes off as a virgin. more bottom because he's been beaten to submission. but when your in the basement with him and he take's charge and wrestling with the mc its top behavior with someone he trusts. he's a good written character.

rzw81

Oct 30, 2021
whats the bull? to me he comes off as a vers bottom he also comes off as a virgin. more bottom because he's been beaten to submission. but when your in the basement with him and he take's charge and wrestling with the mc its top behavior with someone he trusts. he's a good written character.
It's up to the player. Depending on your actions he'll be more dominant or submissive

Reactions: UR Daddy69

Kaiath

Jul 11, 2021
Hey there Minoh, i found this game a few days ago and i'm really liking it so far (i'm currently on chapter 15 post Khenbish). The story is very very good, Asterion is a really likeable character as well as Kota, Luke and the other ones.
Maybe it lacks a bit of smut at the start, except for Luke scene which btw caught me completely off guard, i was a bit too lost in the story, suddenly he pops up and i was like "oh yeah, i'm playing one of these :ROFLMAO: ", not that is a bad thing though, the anticipation and character build up will make it worth the wait.

I also have a lil' question about contract scenes. You see, i had a bit of luck with raw materials (double reward) and i managed to end both the pool and the poolside bar before any of the new staff members arrived, i had only Kota, Luke and Asterion at that point which makes me wonder...:
Is there something planned for us to be able to replay those scenes whenever we want? Because i know at the very least that Khenbish and the elephant/mammoth guy which i guess is Themba can participate on the poolside bar scene but because i got lucky i couldn't see them there.

Again, awesome VN and also replayable which is nice plus.

Minoh

Sep 4, 2019
Hey there Minoh, i found this game a few days ago and i'm really liking it so far (i'm currently on chapter 15 post Khenbish). The story is very very good, Asterion is a really likeable character as well as Kota, Luke and the other ones.
Maybe it lacks a bit of smut at the start, except for Luke scene which btw caught me completely off guard, i was a bit too lost in the story, suddenly he pops up and i was like "oh yeah, i'm playing one of these :ROFLMAO: ", not that is a bad thing though, the anticipation and character build up will make it worth the wait.

I also have a lil' question about contract scenes. You see, i had a bit of luck with raw materials (double reward) and i managed to end both the pool and the poolside bar before any of the new staff members arrived, i had only Kota, Luke and Asterion at that point which makes me wonder...:
Is there something planned for us to be able to replay those scenes whenever we want? Because i know at the very least that Khenbish and the elephant/mammoth guy which i guess is Themba can participate on the poolside bar scene but because i got lucky i couldn't see them there.

Again, awesome VN and also replayable which is nice plus.
Thank you for your kind words, they are greatly appreciated!
Now, about your question... The answer is "yes" and "no." In general we don't plan on making a "replay a scene later" feature, because when the game is more complete you'll be getting this sort of event somewhat regularly. On a given playthrough you might get the pool early, but later you'll get another fun thing with the whole cast. In the end it should feel very good for players.
That said, at this stage of development we do acknowledge that players will get these scenes with far too few characters. For instance, there's no time in the game now to recruit Robert and see the wrestling event in Khenbish's hangouts, so you can't see Robert's matches in-game despite them being written.
Because of this we set up a cheat code of sorts that does let you replay these events with all the cast, even with characters that cannot be recruited in-game yet like P and Storm. Here's what you should do:
  1. Make a fresh save file.
  2. Pick your background. Do note that "Speedrunner" players get a variation of the pool scene where everyone skinny dips.
  3. Pick "Anon" as your name.
From there you can see the pool, bar and wrestling events with all characters. Have fun!
(Do keep in mind this feature will be removed in a future build when there are more in-game days, so don't get too attached to it.)

• Wow
Reactions: Kaiath

Takanao

Donor
Aug 31, 2019
Woah, I had no idea the developer posted in this thread. I love games where the dev openly interacts with people despite the purpose of this forum being what it is. Shows how chill they are. Might have to give this game a deeper look :3

Minoh

Sep 4, 2019
Woah, I had no idea the developer posted in this thread. I love games where the dev openly interacts with people despite the purpose of this forum being what it is. Shows how chill they are. Might have to give this game a deeper look :3
Well, our game is free and a passion project, there's no reason why we'd be opposed to people sharing it. (Unless, of course, someone were to do something scummy like putting malware in the files, but that's a different discussion.) Plus it's always good getting feedback from people about what worked and what didn't, what parts need improving, if there were any bugs, the whole thing.
Anyway, if you do play the game I hope you like it. If you have any issues feel free to post here.

Kaiath

Jul 11, 2021
Hey Minoh, i finished the game a few days ago and i thought there was more days to complete the hangouts, in the end i only finished Robert's hangout to recruit him since he had a time limit so i focused on him because of that. Also, yay Argentina is mentioned.

Now, a few things... first, something minor: why the music on the kissing scene starts chill to set up the mood but every now and then the music changes like, if someone interrupts who's playing the instrument, notes out of place or something? sorry i don't know how to explain it but it's noticeable if you listen to the music.
Second, and i think this can be done at this point in the game: The MC is up to everyone's interpretation, right? and you said: "In fact if you want it enough you can even imagine your character as a mythical, why not? Ignoring a few lines here and there to fit your head canon doesn't take much effort." then why don't make it official? Let us choose if we wanna be a mythical or a human from the second playthrough onwards.
Third and last, are we gonna get CGs of Asterion's sex scene in the future? Or just narrative+sprites? Don't take me wrong, the narrative on the kissing scene was top notch (although it was longer than expected, it was becoming a bit dull near the end) and i know it can be hard because of the spriteless MC but it's possible from certain angles or directly from MC's point of view.

I think that's all, thank you again for this awesome VN.

Minoh

Sep 4, 2019
Hey Minoh, i finished the game a few days ago and i thought there was more days to complete the hangouts, in the end i only finished Robert's hangout to recruit him since he had a time limit so i focused on him because of that. Also, yay Argentina is mentioned.

Now, a few things... first, something minor: why the music on the kissing scene starts chill to set up the mood but every now and then the music changes like, if someone interrupts who's playing the instrument, notes out of place or something? sorry i don't know how to explain it but it's noticeable if you listen to the music.
Second, and i think this can be done at this point in the game: The MC is up to everyone's interpretation, right? and you said: "In fact if you want it enough you can even imagine your character as a mythical, why not? Ignoring a few lines here and there to fit your head canon doesn't take much effort." then why don't make it official? Let us choose if we wanna be a mythical or a human from the second playthrough onwards.
Third and last, are we gonna get CGs of Asterion's sex scene in the future? Or just narrative+sprites? Don't take me wrong, the narrative on the kissing scene was top notch (although it was longer than expected, it was becoming a bit dull near the end) and i know it can be hard because of the spriteless MC but it's possible from certain angles or directly from MC's point of view.

I think that's all, thank you again for this awesome VN.
I'll take a look at the music soon to see what you mean. Busy days lately so I haven't had the time.
Regarding the MC, the short answer is that there's a plot reason for it. This isn't an impediment for players to selectively ignore some things in favour of their head canon, but if we allowed players to play as a mythical master it'd cause some inconsistencies that would require a lot of work to fix... And the "work" is part of it too.
Every now and then we get suggestions for content or improvements to the game, and the majority of them are really good and worthwhile, but we only have so much time in our hands and we'd rather focus on finishing the game. There'll be plenty of time for improvements after it's done. For instance, I know my writing tends to be too flowery and extended, so I really want to go over the entire game from start to finish to really clean it up. But that would take months, it'd stall development completely! But when the game is done and there's no more time pressure it won't be so bad, I'll be able to do it with a free conscience.
And yes, there will be sex CGs! I'm eager to get there, in fact. REALLY eager. I want to write them for my own self-indulgent pleasure, of course, and also as a well-deserved reward for all the readers who stuck around for so long. It will be, I hope, very enjoyable!

3.00 star(s) 2 Votes