VN Ren'Py Minotaur Hotel [v0.6.1] [MinoHotel]

3.00 star(s) 2 Votes

UW0TM8TY

Apr 9, 2020
Have to say, I haven't played a VN that has hooked me so thoroughly for a long while. My search for smut instead left me with feels. Doing the ruthless endings straight after the "good" ending was an added punch to the gut too, albeit self-inflicted.

Very much looking forward to the next build of this gem!

Reactions: Takanao

rzw81

Oct 30, 2021
Is it possible to get the highest ranking in the current build? I got up to bronze wolf, but I'm assuming you need to at least complete Asterion's side project to get a better ranking

Minoh

Sep 4, 2019
nXGwXd.jpg
The next build of Minotaur Hotel (0.6.1) is coming out this Friday, May 6th, at . You can check the here for full details, but here's the summary:

Build 0.6.1 adds 6 hangouts for Khenbish and 2 R&D projects, which altogether amount to approximately 70,000 words. Basically a novel and a half worth of content, mostly written over a period of two months and a half.

Khenbish's hangouts comprise roughly two thirds of the word count, it's the main attraction. His content, as with Kota's and Luke's hangouts, can be accessed through the management screen by keeping him out of R&D and Exploration for a day, then choosing to give him a day off.

If you want a teaser:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

This update also adds 2 R&D projects: the pool and the outdoors bar. The pool is a larger project that will take a bit of time to complete, you'll need to invest a robust team to get it done. After you finish it you unlock a follow-up project which adds an outdoors bar to the pool.

As a final treat, we commissioned this excellent piece of art from and I think some of you guys might enjoy it, so here it is. Have fun.

N45zRF.jpg

UW0TM8TY

Apr 9, 2020
The next build of Minotaur Hotel (0.6.1) is coming out this Friday, May 6th, at . You can check the here for full details, but here's the summary:

Build 0.6.1 adds 6 hangouts for Khenbish and 2 R&D projects, which altogether amount to approximately 70,000 words. Basically a novel and a half worth of content, mostly written over a period of two months and a half.

Khenbish's hangouts comprise roughly two thirds of the word count, it's the main attraction. His content, as with Kota's and Luke's hangouts, can be accessed through the management screen by keeping him out of R&D and Exploration for a day, then choosing to give him a day off.

If you want a teaser:

This update also adds 2 R&D projects: the pool and the outdoors bar. The pool is a larger project that will take a bit of time to complete, you'll need to invest a robust team to get it done. After you finish it you unlock a follow-up project which adds an outdoors bar to the pool.

As a final treat, we commissioned this excellent piece of art from and I think some of you guys might enjoy it, so here it is. Have fun.

Well I know what I'm doing Friday evening, looking forward to the release!

Minoh

Sep 4, 2019
Just 3 hours until the update comes out, and I'd like to ask something ahead of time.
As I mentioned before in this thread, this update adds a NSFW scene. It's in Khenbish's hangouts. We took this opportunity and experimented a lot with it. We think it turned out great but I think there's room for improvement and I'd really appreciate it if you could give us pointers on how to do it better next time.
We aren't fragile to criticism or anything like that, you can be honest and speak your mind very plainly. I'd really love that kind of honesty, particularly if it helps us make better sex scenes.
Thanks and I hope you guys will enjoy what we prepared!

YaLikeJazz?

Nov 21, 2018
Since going through years of Q&A posts seems like a bit of a daunting task to me atm I figured I'd just ask this here.

I played this a number of years ago but quickly lost interest after I saw it mentioned that Asterion leaned heavily on the submissive side even in the bedroom (understandable! characters be charactering). But coming back to the game now it seems there's quite a few new characters! So, getting to the point: Is Asterion the only true love interest? Or are there going to be romantic routes for the other available characters (looking at you Themba).

Minoh

Sep 4, 2019
Since going through years of Q&A posts seems like a bit of a daunting task to me atm I figured I'd just ask this here.

I played this a number of years ago but quickly lost interest after I saw it mentioned that Asterion leaned heavily on the submissive side even in the bedroom (understandable! characters be charactering). But coming back to the game now it seems there's quite a few new characters! So, getting to the point: Is Asterion the only true love interest? Or are there going to be romantic routes for the other available characters (looking at you Themba).
Asterion is the only love interest available for your player character. Simply put, there's no way we can get this game done if we open the Pandora's box of making other characters dateable by the protagonist. It would involve a redesign of the whole thing from the ground up.
That said, we plan on giving the other staff members their own romance stories. Your protagonist won't be there doing the kissing and fucking himself, but we want to make very solid segments that should feel really good as their own side stories. I know that for some readers this isn't a good enough substitute because the self-insert aspect is essential for their immersion, but at this point a change in plans would be extremely disruptive for the game's development.
If you want to see what kind of shape this may take, the current version of the game has two characters who can end up dating depending on how their story goes. People really liked it, though I know for a fact it will never be everyone's cup of tea.
Speaking more specifically about Themba, it's safe to say that there will be some form of adult content for him, and you can bet he'll be a very dominant top. But it won't be with your protagonist. And if you want another heads up, the NSFW scene in Khenbish's content
This is probably not the answer you wanted to hear, and it's alright if you don't think the game is your cup of tea. Still, regardless of you playing the game again or not, I appreciate that you came here with the idea of maybe giving the game another chance.

nackedsnake

Engaged Member
Jan 29, 2019
Asterion is the only love interest available for your player character. Simply put, there's no way we can get this game done if we open the Pandora's box of making other characters dateable by the protagonist. It would involve a redesign of the whole thing from the ground up.
That said, we plan on giving the other staff members their own romance stories. Your protagonist won't be there doing the kissing and fucking himself, but we want to make very solid segments that should feel really good as their own side stories. I know that for some readers this isn't a good enough substitute because the self-insert aspect is essential for their immersion, but at this point a change in plans would be extremely disruptive for the game's development.
If you want to see what kind of shape this may take, the current version of the game has two characters who can end up dating depending on how their story goes. People really liked it, though I know for a fact it will never be everyone's cup of tea.
Speaking more specifically about Themba, it's safe to say that there will be some form of adult content for him, and you can bet he'll be a very dominant top. But it won't be with your protagonist. And if you want another heads up, the NSFW scene in Khenbish's content
This is probably not the answer you wanted to hear, and it's alright if you don't think the game is your cup of tea. Still, regardless of you playing the game again or not, I appreciate that you came here with the idea of maybe giving the game another chance.
Wait, what type of game is this? VN? Hotel management sim? From what you are saying it's not a Dating Sim? :unsure:
I actually appreciate this rare setting that every NPC has their own things going on, rather than another Harem collector (don't get me wrong, I still love those), cuz in those settings there're always stuff which is forced/ bland. (Also, a monogamy MC! :LOL:)
As long as there're hot NSFW scenes and good build up associated, I don't see why it matters who're the participants.
If it's not a dating sim, immersion shouldn't be broken simply cuz it's not MC who's fucking around.

Longfang

Feb 19, 2018
While I definitely don't mind the side characters getting their own romance storylines with other people, I do think it's a bit of a missed opportunity to not have Nikos be a secondary option for the MC if you friendzone Asterion since depending on how you treat him the seeds for a relationship could be there.
Still it would be a huge amount of work on top of what's planned already so I get why it won't be implemented, but damn it if I don't love that homophobic homosexual snake and want to headpat him.

Minoh

Sep 4, 2019
Wait, what type of game is this? VN? Hotel management sim? From what you are saying it's not a Dating Sim? :unsure:
I actually appreciate this rare setting that every NPC has their own things going on, rather than another Harem collector (don't get me wrong, I still love those), cuz in those settings there're always stuff which is forced/ bland. (Also, a monogamy MC! :LOL:)
As long as there're hot NSFW scenes and good build up associated, I don't see why it matters who're the participants.
If it's not a dating sim, immersion shouldn't be broken simply cuz it's not MC who's fucking around.
It's a visual novel with management sim elements. There's a main story, but you can explore the side stories of the characters you recruit for the hotel.
I wouldn't call it a strict dating sim because we don't really employ the mechanics usually associated with it, even if the romance with the Minotaur is central to the plot.
If you play the game you'll see that it's much more of a very interactive novel than a dating sim.

While I definitely don't mind the side characters getting their own romance storylines with other people, I do think it's a bit of a missed opportunity to not have Nikos be a secondary option for the MC if you friendzone Asterion since depending on how you treat him the seeds for a relationship could be there.
Still it would be a huge amount of work on top of what's planned already so I get why it won't be implemented, but damn it if I don't love that homophobic homosexual snake and want to headpat him.
I take it as a compliment that you'd like to have Nikos as an option, haha. You're certainly not the only one.
Sometimes I do wish we had the time and energy to make a lot more content, to explore more scenarios, but it is what it is. We only have so many hands.
If it makes it any better, we are aware of this sentiment. This is partly why we are so friendly towards modders. Because we aren't able to put in the time to explore these options, we appreciate those who do want to play around with the game and make it instead.

nackedsnake

Engaged Member
Jan 29, 2019
It's a visual novel with management sim elements. There's a main story, but you can explore the side stories of the characters you recruit for the hotel.
I wouldn't call it a strict dating sim because we don't really employ the mechanics usually associated with it, even if the romance with the Minotaur is central to the plot.
If you play the game you'll see that it's much more of a very interactive novel than a dating sim.

I take it as a compliment that you'd like to have Nikos as an option, haha. You're certainly not the only one.
Sometimes I do wish we had the time and energy to make a lot more content, to explore more scenarios, but it is what it is. We only have so many hands.
If it makes it any better, we are aware of this sentiment. This is partly why we are so friendly towards modders. Because we aren't able to put in the time to explore these options, we appreciate those who do want to play around with the game and make it instead.
I shouldn't be the only one that saying this, really appreciate your overall positive vibe. (y)
Be up front of what you are doing / lacking while open to suggestions, actively seeking solutions, positively interacting with the community, also a plan to finish the game! That's really a rare sight.
Not to mention modding is one of the best way to grow a community and make games even greater. (Tho I'm not sure how it works in this game)
Looking forward what future holds :D

Reactions: UW0TM8TY and Minoh

Longfang

Feb 19, 2018
Oh it's definitely a compliment, his story arc has been great and I'm excited/slightly terrified to see how he reacts to the Ruthless route that I've yet to do.
I've been following the game for some time now and so far it's really been quality, so kudos to you and your team. I never would have thought a /trash/ thread would birth one of the best FVN to come out but I sure am glad it did lol.

UW0TM8TY

Apr 9, 2020
I've been following the game for some time now and so far it's really been quality, so kudos to you and your team. I never would have thought a /trash/ thread would birth one of the best FVN to come out but I sure am glad it did lol.
Is there an archive of the original quest threads? It was originally on 4chan right?

Minoh

Sep 4, 2019
Is there an archive of the original quest threads? It was originally on 4chan right?
We had it archived on a Pastebin but it became unavailable when Pastebin purged adult content. Since then I haven't reuploaded it because, speaking frankly, to me it feels that the quest format was half about the story and half about people interacting in the threads. Reading the story by itself is sort of an underwhelming experience in that sense, and that's not touching that it was written with next to no editing and the tone is so different from what the VN is now.
That said, if despite this you still want to read it, you can find it . Though I must say it wasn't uploaded by me, so I don't know if anything got changed by the uploader in the process.

Oh it's definitely a compliment, his story arc has been great and I'm excited/slightly terrified to see how he reacts to the Ruthless route that I've yet to do.
The Ruthless Route isn't for everyone, but it should be a great experience for anyone who likes Nikos. It's his equivalent to P's Hinterlands, delivering a lot of characterization and plot in a super dense piece of writing. It is mostly told from Nikos' perspective and there are even flashbacks to his past.
If you don't feel like playing it yourself because of how rough it can get, I know chapomon uploaded a playthrough of it on Youtube.
Though, on the topic of /trash/... You know, back then the communities in which my buddies and I hung out really were amazing for creative people. It had the perfect atmosphere to foster passionate creative work.
Can't say for sure if that persists today, though. I got busier with the game and life stuff, so I don't hang out there as much as I used to.

I shouldn't be the only one that saying this, really appreciate your overall positive vibe. (y)
Be up front of what you are doing / lacking while open to suggestions, actively seeking solutions, positively interacting with the community, also a plan to finish the game! That's really a rare sight.
Not to mention modding is one of the best way to grow a community and make games even greater. (Tho I'm not sure how it works in this game)
Looking forward what future holds :D
Now that I'm in the position of developer I can really appreciate just how amazing modders are. When I was only in the position of player I never really grasped just what it means for someone to put in dozens of hours of their free time into changing a game they like or adding content to it. The mere gesture, regardless of results and goals, speaks volumes. Same goes for fanfic writers and fan artists, of course. It just really hits different when you're on the receiving end of fan works.
In retrospect it's also puzzling when creators get mad at modders, but that's a whole different discussion.

UR Daddy69

Mar 6, 2021
lets just bang the minotaur already!! ive been waiting for years now lol i do like you have added stuff your followers have mentioned. and i like your surveys after the play through to. your upgrades have been quality ones.

Minoh

Sep 4, 2019
lets just bang the minotaur already!! ive been waiting for years now lol i do like you have added stuff your followers have mentioned. and i like your surveys after the play through to. your upgrades have been quality ones.
Everything in its due time. The longer we edge you the more colossal will the cumshot be. Hopefully unforgettable. Be strong, the wait will soon be over. And once the first sex scene with Asterion is in, more will follow.
Though keep in mind there's a NSFW scene in the latest update and by God I will extract your cum whether you want to or not.

3.00 star(s) 2 Votes