4.50 star(s) 25 Votes

Trinian

Naughty Schoolgirl
Game Developer
Jan 16, 2021
Have your say on Chapter 5 in this week's public post, and find out more about Chapter 6!

f96zonetrooper

Engaged Member
Dec 21, 2018
Some more feedback :

- I started the game from start (v0.7.1) and felt that the start of new chapter without pause was too fast. There were not enough days with free after school time due to random events and story events. You need a lot of evenings to progress Abby's and Lola's friendship, but also for Ms Paris, Jess and the wrestling club, etc. If Missy is punished after class, that time slot is lost. Since the later chapters all start automatically and often have mandatory after class activities, Missy can be hindered for many days in a row to do her originally intended after class activities like Ms Paris photographie lessons. It would be better to have more control when a new chapter starts (as for chapter 3).

- After "Down with the bad girls" Malia seems to be stuck in Isabelle's house in the evening and does not return to her room or to do the dishes.

- About chapter 5 :
Controlling Abby and exploring the new city was fine.
The switch between Abby and Missy was a bit uncomfortable since the animation with all the screen shaking takes some time and dependent on actions you can get such switches in short intervals probably everytime you complete a milestone.
Since Missy and Abby are too young to visit Fivaviana on their own, the new city area may likely end as another one-time-only area without repeatable content.

Some more minor inconsistencies :
- If Missy switches panties with a bad girl, she ends with black bra and panties.
- In the wrestling club story, Jess can easily take out Missy with her wrestling moves. In regular combat however Missy can beat Jess without problems.
(For the game progression it would probably be better if Missy would start weak and could get stronger by (optional) story/quest to battle Jess more efficiently. This would add some progress and Missy would have to avoid some fights at start.)

Last edited:
Reactions: Trinian

Trinian

Naughty Schoolgirl
Game Developer
Jan 16, 2021
Trinian is it possible to play this on joiplay on android or to make an android version?
It's not possible to make an Android version because the game is too big, but this post talks about how to get it going with Joiplay

who the hell is scarlett raine and where do I find her?
Far side in Sacapuntas bar (the place where you helped Tina to avoid the noble)

Some more feedback :

- I started the game from start (v0.7.1) and felt that the start of new chapter without pause was too fast. There were not enough days with free after school time due to random events and story events. You need a lot of evenings to progress Abby's and Lola's friendship, but also for Ms Paris, Jess and the wrestling club, etc. If Missy is punished after class, that time slot is lost. Since the later chapters all start automatically and often have mandatory after class activities, Missy can be hindered for many days in a row to do her originally intended after class activities like Ms Paris photographie lessons. It would be better to have more control when a new chapter starts (as for chapter 3).

- After "Down with the bad girls" Malia seems to be stuck in Isabelle's house in the evening and does not return to her room or to do the dishes.

- About chapter 5 :
Controlling Abby and exploring the new city was fine.
The switch between Abby and Missy was a bit uncomfortable since the animation with all the screen shaking takes some time and dependent on actions you can get such switches in short intervals probably everytime you complete a milestone.
Since Missy and Abby are too young to visit Fivaviana on their own, the new city area may likely end as another one-time-only area without repeatable content.

Some more minor inconsistencies :
- If Missy switches panties with a bad girl, she ends with black bra and panties.
- In the wrestling club story, Jess can easily take out Missy with her wrestling moves. In regular combat however Missy can beat Jess without problems.
(For the game progression it would probably be better if Missy would start weak and could get stronger by (optional) story/quest to battle Jess more efficiently. This would add some progress and Missy would have to avoid some fights at start.)
On the first point, I get where you're coming from and it's something I can tweak, but I've had people complaining the other side that the minimum 5 days before Chapter 4 starts is too long!

Annoying that the Malia bug is still there, thought I'd fixed that, thanks.

Fivaviana will be developed further, I'm planning for you to be able to go there as Missy in the future. How I fluffsplain it is something for later ^^

f96zonetrooper

Engaged Member
Dec 21, 2018
On the first point, I get where you're coming from and it's something I can tweak, but I've had people complaining the other side that the minimum 5 days before Chapter 4 starts is too long!
Notify the player that a new chapter is available and let the player start the new chapter by interacting with some item. You could place hints how to start next chapter in the questlog so that players do not get lost, eg as steps of one big quest "main story".

For me "The Reign of Jess" triggered before "Avenging Angel".

Trinian

Naughty Schoolgirl
Game Developer
Jan 16, 2021
Notify the player that a new chapter is available and let the player start the new chapter by interacting with some item. You could place hints how to start next chapter in the questlog so that players do not get lost, eg as steps of one big quest "main story".

For me "The Reign of Jess" triggered before "Avenging Angel".
It's supposed to, as Avenging Angel is a second act quest. I suspect this is an issue that will resolve itself once the rest of the Act 1 quests are implemented, as this will create a much longer time before Reign of Jess as there'll be more quests required to be completed for it to trigger (and I'll be asked another 50,000 times how to get chapter 4 to start! :ROFLMAO:)

Last edited:

realjitter

Jun 21, 2021
Best update yet imo =) Emily and her slighly creepy maid fetish, Jess acting like an actual meanie mistress, the ridiculousness of Fivaviana as a whole... loved it. Any yeah, I already refuse to get back at Jess!. Someone needs to have a word with Missy since she's still fighting it a little, silly girl.. Well, I also hope i'll never have to choose between Poppy and Jess in this game. That would be just cruel :p. Not just cruel, but also impossible.

Hentai1987

Apr 16, 2018
just played through the update and I liked it. We finally got a scope of how big the world is and I hope we will see other cities as well in the future. Looking forward to future updates!

OuterZone

Nov 12, 2020
This is a long post/critique of the "Reign of Jess" quest with spoilers. Feel free to skip.

The criticism the "Reign of Jess" receives generally comes from two distinct perspectives:

* Some players who assumed the role of the dominant Missy felt disappointed with Missy's passive compliance during repeated instances of bullying. I empathize with their sentiments; however, it is essential to recognize that dominance does not grant invincibility or an exemption from storyline constraints, as Trinian himself noted in a recent post.

Possible solutions:

- A clear warning to players, prior to the start of the game, indicating that despite their chosen path, certain predetermined story elements would necessitate Missy's submission at specific plot points.

- Altering both Missy's inner thoughts and her verbal reaction to acts of humiliation from other characters in a way that demonstrates Missy's resolve and attitude. Subtly hinting at a potential revenge storyline later might be enough to satisfy this group. There are some people who play this sort of game just for a revenge scene.

- Another approach would be removing the 'domme Missy' path altogether. Instead, dominant traits could be incorporated into Missy as options for specific scenes rather than a distinct character arc. This choice would reduce development time, criticism, and potentially income. :p

* Then there are the other players like f96zonetrooper, GreenDark, and myself. I don't have an issue with with the concept of Reign of Jess, but how it was implemented.

I have no qualms with Missy being subjected to Jess's dominance. In fact, I had grown quite fond of Jess as a complex and intriguing character within the narrative prior to this quest. I was hoping for a long-term domme Jess/sub Missy at some point in the story.

My (and possibly others') sense of disappointment stems from a sudden change in Jess's character arc, which transformed her into a stereotypical bully. Her actions in this quest left me doubting my earlier evaluation of her complex persona. Previously, I perceived Jess as a multifaceted character with depth, intelligence, and conflicted emotions. She exhibited mischievousness and was a bit of trouble-maker. All are endearing traits in a way. Also, in the story, we are told that Jess is more than meets the eye, that she's cunning and secretive. However, what was presented instead was a one-dimensional bully, distinct from Poppy only in her single-minded and targeted persecution of Missy.

I personally have no problem with blackmail being used as a plot device. Any plot device, regardless of how often they are utilized, when skillfully employed within the context of a story, can lead to interesting and unexpected twists. The problem here is with inconsistent characters and plot.

Jess demonstrates a startling disregard for consequences, relationships, and has no foresight. She burns bridges and exhausts all her options in a single reckless move. She isn't the cunning and calculated girl I expected her to be, instead she appears as an impatient and impulsive person who reveals her hand on her first move. A more artful Jess would have wielded her newfound power with finesse, manipulating Missy subtly rather than resorting to outright bullying. In making smaller demands of Paris, the latter would find it easier to go along with Jess's orders. Jess going overboard in this manner would, or should, elicit a strong response from Paris, Missy, and Abby. This also led Missy and Abby to realize what's going on within one hour. This works for a megalomaniac villain who wants to broadcast her evil schemes, but we were told Jess is different.

There are several ways any of the three victims could deal with Jess's reckless move, but instead we have a pathetic Paris allowing herself to be humiliated in front of her students. We also have Missy sticking her neck (and Abby's) for Paris for no apparent reason.

Then there are all these students and most likely teachers, who immediately should suspect that something is off about this whole thing. Unless Jess is the daughter of that nation's She-Kim Jon Un, her ass should be crimson red within a day.

Like someone else said, both Miss Paris and Jess are burned as characters (for some of us). I think there's only one way Paris can be redeemed. Only if the material Jess has isn't actually on Paris. Miss Paris would be redeemed as a very selfless teacher, sacrificing her job, reputation, and dignity for Missy. But then Jess would be evil personified. Unless that is the role the writer has planned for her, she is irredeemable. Sure, evil bitches can be hot, but they aren't usually complex characters that I hoped Jess would be.

Trinian

Naughty Schoolgirl
Game Developer
Jan 16, 2021
Where can I find Luna?
Port Authority Building
This is a long post/critique of the "Reign of Jess" quest with spoilers. Feel free to skip.

The criticism the "Reign of Jess" receives generally comes from two distinct perspectives:

* Some players who assumed the role of the dominant Missy felt disappointed with Missy's passive compliance during repeated instances of bullying. I empathize with their sentiments; however, it is essential to recognize that dominance does not grant invincibility or an exemption from storyline constraints, as Trinian himself noted in a recent post.

Possible solutions:

- A clear warning to players, prior to the start of the game, indicating that despite their chosen path, certain predetermined story elements would necessitate Missy's submission at specific plot points.

- Altering both Missy's inner thoughts and her verbal reaction to acts of humiliation from other characters in a way that demonstrates Missy's resolve and attitude. Subtly hinting at a potential revenge storyline later might be enough to satisfy this group. There are some people who play this sort of game just for a revenge scene.

- Another approach would be removing the 'domme Missy' path altogether. Instead, dominant traits could be incorporated into Missy as options for specific scenes rather than a distinct character arc. This choice would reduce development time, criticism, and potentially income. :p

* Then there are the other players like f96zonetrooper, GreenDark, and myself. I don't have an issue with with the concept of Reign of Jess, but how it was implemented.

I have no qualms with Missy being subjected to Jess's dominance. In fact, I had grown quite fond of Jess as a complex and intriguing character within the narrative prior to this quest. I was hoping for a long-term domme Jess/sub Missy at some point in the story.

My (and possibly others') sense of disappointment stems from a sudden change in Jess's character arc, which transformed her into a stereotypical bully. Her actions in this quest left me doubting my earlier evaluation of her complex persona. Previously, I perceived Jess as a multifaceted character with depth, intelligence, and conflicted emotions. She exhibited mischievousness and was a bit of trouble-maker. All are endearing traits in a way. Also, in the story, we are told that Jess is more than meets the eye, that she's cunning and secretive. However, what was presented instead was a one-dimensional bully, distinct from Poppy only in her single-minded and targeted persecution of Missy.

I personally have no problem with blackmail being used as a plot device. Any plot device, regardless of how often they are utilized, when skillfully employed within the context of a story, can lead to interesting and unexpected twists. The problem here is with inconsistent characters and plot.

Jess demonstrates a startling disregard for consequences, relationships, and has no foresight. She burns bridges and exhausts all her options in a single reckless move. She isn't the cunning and calculated girl I expected her to be, instead she appears as an impatient and impulsive person who reveals her hand on her first move. A more artful Jess would have wielded her newfound power with finesse, manipulating Missy subtly rather than resorting to outright bullying. In making smaller demands of Paris, the latter would find it easier to go along with Jess's orders. Jess going overboard in this manner would, or should, elicit a strong response from Paris, Missy, and Abby. This also led Missy and Abby to realize what's going on within one hour. This works for a megalomaniac villain who wants to broadcast her evil schemes, but we were told Jess is different.

There are several ways any of the three victims could deal with Jess's reckless move, but instead we have a pathetic Paris allowing herself to be humiliated in front of her students. We also have Missy sticking her neck (and Abby's) for Paris for no apparent reason.

Then there are all these students and most likely teachers, who immediately should suspect that something is off about this whole thing. Unless Jess is the daughter of that nation's She-Kim Jon Un, her ass should be crimson red within a day.

Like someone else said, both Miss Paris and Jess are burned as characters (for some of us). I think there's only one way Paris can be redeemed. Only if the material Jess has isn't actually on Paris. Miss Paris would be redeemed as a very selfless teacher, sacrificing her job, reputation, and dignity for Missy. But then Jess would be evil personified. Unless that is the role the writer has planned for her, she is irredeemable. Sure, evil bitches can be hot, but they aren't usually complex characters that I hoped Jess would be.
This is a really great and thoughtful insight, and will be very helpful to me in planning future storylines. It deserves a fuller response than I'm able to offer at this moment as I'm about to step AFK for a while, but in the meantime, I can explain why Jess did what she did and not the sort of things you suggest: because she has extremely poor impulse control. She's intelligent, sure, but impatient and exuberant, befitting her young age. She saw a path to making Missy her slave and took it.

Last edited:

FPcrab

Aug 14, 2018
Possible solutions:

Exactly. It would be enough even to leave the scenes as they are - to change the text description, and Missy’s internal dialogue, her attitude to what is happening, and thoughts on how Jess will pay for this in the future. For those players who do not play as subordinate Missy

Last edited:
Reactions: OuterZone

OuterZone

Nov 12, 2020
This is a really great and thoughtful insight, and will be very helpful to me in planning future storylines. It deserves a fuller response than I'm able to offer at this moment as I'm about to step AFK for a while, but in the meantime, I can explain why Jess did what she did and not the sort of things you suggest: because she has extremely poor impulse control. She's intelligent, sure, but impatient and exuberant, befitting her young age. She saw a path to making Missy her slave and took it.
You know your characters best. Maybe the disconnect is between who a character really is and who we (as players) think she is. Or who we wish her to be. It makes sense that Jess is impulsive and her personality would predispose her to abuse power once she gets it. I suppose I was hoping for a deeper emotional bond between Jess and Missy.

What Jess has done cannot be undone and this is what bugs me. Those same scenes between Missy and Jess would have been very erotic under different circumstances.

I should note that I really appreciate and admire your openness to criticism. Even armed with the knowledge that you can't please everyone, I think it's not easy receiving negative feedback for a project you pour your heart and soul into.

f96zonetrooper

Engaged Member
Dec 21, 2018
"Reign of Jess" is a story the dev wants to tell.
Two of the main points in criticism of "Reign of Jess" are :
- Lack of player choice
- Missy, Jess and Ms Paris act out of character
A possible solution could be to treat "Reign of Jess" inside the game just as a story somebody tells, so that there is no damage to the characters.

Possible scenarios to do this :
- Missy has a nightmare about "Reign of Jess" part 1 and tells Abby about it. The next night both Missy and Abby have nightmares and the player switches between both dreams.
- Jess gets excited, angry or drunk and tells a story what she would like to do to Missy if she had the power to control things at school. This would likely cut the part of Abby and Ms Paris.
- Jess talks with a psychologist about her obsession with Missy ...
- Missy, Abby, Jess and friends make a RPG night and have to deal with the story Jess has prepared. (Jess playing the evil mistress, Missy the slave, Abby the heroine to save Missy.)
In all cases the theme of Jess' possibly dominant love for Missy would be established.

Trinian

Naughty Schoolgirl
Game Developer
Jan 16, 2021
I am humbled that my work has generated this level of interest and passion and that my characters have so captivated imaginations. I suppose that I can really only ask that you all trust in my ability to deliver a satisfactory explanation and conclusion in the third part, (though I can confirm that it isn't all going to have just been a dream or a masturbatory fantasy this time ^^)

As for getting back to lighthearted and comedic after this, yes, totally, that's what I want the game to be. I alluded to this after gauging the reception to the fourth chapter, and tried to bring the game back into that lighter space when making Avenging Angel. I'm going to write a little more about what else I've learned and what it will mean in next week's public post when I discuss the poll results.

Psicomaniaco

Mar 14, 2018
I REALLY hope the game eventually gives me a convincing explanation on why Jess is so out of character in the Reign of Jessica quest.

And I also REALLY hope Jess and Miss Paris are properly punished after all this.

Wildfire25

Apr 16, 2021
I should properly give my 2 cents about Reign of Jess as a dom player who has been here from v0.1
I have been mostly putting it off since I want to play the whole arc first before having any big opinion on it.

I did really dislike part 1, it didn't feel as fun and light hearted as the others, and I felt it got too rapey.
Part 2 is great, and while it does seem Jess goes harder then she did in Part 1, I feel like there is more of an disconnect there which make it feel less bad.

I don't think Reign of Jess has been any more railroading then any of the other story lines, I never felt you had much of a choice in what you were doing whenever you followed one, something that has gotten a lot better with Avenging Angel, the first arc with Poppy did have a bit of it, but it was still very locked with only 2 choices.
I think the big thing that makes it feel more on rails is that you were not able to do the everyday school stuff at the same time with that ch. and in my personal opinion it's the everyday stuff that makes the game fun.

I don't in anyway feel Jess and Paris acted out of character, but I feel their relationship with Missy has fundamentally changed, Jess for the most part and depending on part 3, it might go back.
Jess is no longer a rival, she is a bully that needs to be dealt with, something I'm kinda sad about since I like the rivalry and we already had Poppy as the bully, but with Avenging Angel Poppy has become more of an rival, which is fun, but I would like an everyday rival.
Paris went from a paragon of what the society should strive to be (well at least in the way I like to play the game ;P ), and turned into yet another weak and corrupt authority, who bends to pressure. Which might not be bad, she just needs a firm hand to send her back on the right path again.

To me Paris bending over to Jess felt like a betrayal, since the way I like playing the story is as someone who believes in the fucked up glorious system that is Sapphory, that we need to have dignity and poise, that without firm order we would all decent to the chaos that is the world of man(shudders), that is what Miss Paris represented, but now she is just like the nobles. who while of course is our betters, they have forgotten that it is the duty of the strong to care for the weak, and has been corrupted a problem that is clearly getting worse with each generation, just look at Cordelia, so lost in her desires and lack of dignity that she is unable to preform even the basic of meetings. That is the kind of thing that as turned poor desperate women into pursuing a life as a slaver just to give their dear daughter a good life(such a sad thing really, it's not like they started that life way before even thinking about having a daughter or anything).
And that is why the nobility and high class ladies is in a dire need of a spanking, so that we can bring back the glory, dignity and poise of our proud nation, and Missy is by far the best person to deliver this spanking since there is no way she would lose herself to desire while handling the pure untouched bottoms of the upper crust.

In my opinion the biggest problem Reign of Jess had was that you let Patreon chose what should be worked on, and with them choosing Avenging Angel instead of finishing the story first, it created a kinda big problem in the story progression.
And while I did like having Avenging Angel since it's one of the best if not the best act so far, it would have been nice to be done with the Jess story faster, so we could have a more complete picture.

Requesto

May 19, 2019
I really don't mind the Reign of Jess much, probably because I got used to Poppy.
What changed is that I let Missy kick Jess' ass every time she gets a chance.
As before I imagined her as that secretly awkward girl who likes Missy but has difficulties expressing it and opening up and Missy tolerating it, because she's at the top of the game anyway, and it all seemed like a matter of time.
Now she's... well pretty much the same but she went the extra-mile, getting Paris and Abby involved, straight to the irredeemable territory. Jess seems the sort of a person who can't love properly without having full control over it. So no matter how things are resolved things can sadly never be the same.
Interestingly the riding crop scene may show she is not completely gone (and also has YOU in her head as well?), so maybe Missy can resolve this by talking to her during Jess' post-nut clarity? Just to get her ass kicked by the government/corporate assassin sister of Paris regardless, lmao.

4.50 star(s) 25 Votes