whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
I tried this first, but it didnt work, and for some reason there was another file named "mist_patch.rpyc" in there when i first downloaded only the game as well, before i downloaded the patch file from the link i mean.
Where did you download the game from?
My copy comes from here & does not have that file included.
1629483509692.png

SirGrave

May 21, 2019
Where did you download the game from?
My copy comes from here & does not have that file included.
View attachment 1362535
I downloaded from the nopy link here, and patch from the patch link given as well..
1629483817869.png
okay so i just checked the zip file of MIST itself and that patch.rpyc isnt in it... so im guessing something happened when i launched the game with the patch then?

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
I downloaded from the nopy link here, and patch from the patch link given as well..
View attachment 1362540
okay so i just checked the zip file of MIST itself and that patch.rpyc isnt in it... so im guessing something happened when i launched the game with the patch then?
I honestly have not got a clue mate.
I can only suggest deleting the 1kb mist_patch.rpy & patch.rpyc files from your folder(s).
Then extract the mist_patch.rpy from the mist_patch.rar archive.

SirGrave

May 21, 2019
I honestly have not got a clue mate.
I can only suggest deleting the 1kb mist_patch.rpy & patch.rpyc files from your folder(s).
Then extract the mist_patch.rpy from the mist_patch.rar folder.
Just tried, apparently when i launch the game, it creates the patch.rpyc for some reason. if i dont have the patch file extracted, it doesnt show up, but as soon as i extract it and launch the game, it gets created... very interesting... oh well, guess im gonna have to play it the normal way then until i can figure it out. Thanks for trying to help though man.

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
Just tried, apparently when i launch the game, it creates the patch.rpyc for some reason. if i dont have the patch file extracted, it doesnt show up, but as soon as i extract it and launch the game, it gets created... very interesting... oh well, guess im gonna have to play it the normal way then until i can figure it out. Thanks for trying to help though man.
OK, just to be clear, you have met Lilly, right?
The patch has no effect until you do.

SirGrave

May 21, 2019
OK, just to be clear, you have met Lilly, right?
The patch has no effect until you do.
Wait... so... the patch isnt for Mia, but for Lilly instead....? I see... no wonder then, i havent gone that far yet... im dumb lmao. Ayt guess ill get back to this once i get to her and see if it works or not then... *sigh* sorry bout that.

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
Wait... so... the patch isnt for Mia, but for Lilly instead....? I see... no wonder then, i havent gone that far yet... im dumb lmao. Ayt guess ill get back to this once i get to her and see if it works or not then... *sigh* sorry bout that.
No worries mate.
Yeah, Mia's not related. You'll find out who Lilly is shortly after you get to the City. (y)

Reactions: SirGrave

BlasKyau

Devoted Member
Jun 26, 2018
I'm in the battle part. The game warns me that if I lose the battle I have a game over. I don't like premature game overs or bad endings: I only see one ending, so if I get this I quit the game. What do you have to do to guarantee that you win the battle? The truth is that I have no interest in start the battle if I'm not sure that I'm going to win it.

• Angry
Reactions: lordofevilcr and fz

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
I'm in the battle part. The game warns me that if I lose the battle I have a game over. I don't like premature game overs or bad endings: I only see one ending, so if I get this I quit the game. What do you have to do to guarantee that you win the battle? The truth is that I have no interest in start the battle if I'm not sure that I'm going to win it.
Are you talking about the battle with the shadows at the lodge, or in the lab with the tentacle monster?
I don't remember a battle warning me of a game over if I didn't win, but the lab monster has some quick-time type events. :unsure:
Either way, make a save beforehand. If you lose, load up and try a different approach.

Wafflewaffuru

Feb 10, 2021
You mean the battle at the cabin? basically you're gonna fight a shit ton of shadows, it's like a gauntlet. You just have to make sure you preserve your stamina and health. If you grinded out enough before hand you should be good.

BlasKyau

Devoted Member
Jun 26, 2018
Are you talking about the battle with the shadows at the lodge, or in the lab with the tentacle monster?
I don't remember a battle warning me of a game over if I didn't win, but the lab monster has some quick-time type events. :unsure:
Either way, make a save beforehand. If you lose, load up and try a different approach.
I'm talking about the battle with the shadows at the lodge.

In any case, in these types of games, if I get an ending I keep that one (good or bad), so if I lose the battle, I don't continue the game. I'm not going to change this for this game.

• Angry
Reactions: fz

SonofOrion

Sep 30, 2019
With Mia, there would be a huge story change I think. I do understand though.

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
I'm talking about the battle with the shadows at the lodge.

In any case, in these types of games, if I get an ending I keep that one (good or bad), so if I lose the battle, I don't continue the game. I'm not going to change this for this game.
OK, I definitely don't remember a game over there, but that was a while back, for me.
I remember Theo saying that he does test runs with minimum possible stats to check everything can still be completed.
As far as I remember, the damage in the big battles is % based.
i.e. the more health you have, the more damage their attacks do.

It's a hard fight, you'll need your magic (make sure you've had the cure) and stamina full + the boost from one of the girls, but you should get through. (y)

BlasKyau

Devoted Member
Jun 26, 2018
OK, I definitely don't remember a game over there, but that was a while back, for me.
I remember Theo saying that he does test runs with minimum possible stats to check everything can still be completed.
As far as I remember, the damage in the big battles is % based.
i.e. the more health you have, the more damage their attacks do.

It's a hard fight, you'll need your magic (make sure you've had the cure) and stamina full + the boost from one of the girls, but you should get through. (y)
Ok, I guess I'll do the battle. Although I don't feel like it too much.

I will say whether I have won or not.

Reactions: whichone
4.60 star(s) 693 Votes