Ren'Py - Completed - Mist [v1.0.3] [395games]

1. 4.00 star(s)

t727

At first I didn't like this game at all because it crashed all the time.
    I wanted to play easy mode because I thought that I'd have to grind my arse of in this survival type of game.
    It turned out to be some sort of issue with the easy mode because using normal mode the game didn't crash and turned out to be near perfect!
    And to my surprise I didn't have to grind my arse of to gather materials.

The majority of the story worked in the setting of the game, the scenes are beautiful and the environments are nice too. Just look at the furnishing of the cottage as an example. The only thing that nagged me a little bit was that the cartoonish look of the 3d characters doesn't fit in an otherwise realistic environment.
    There are quite a lot of sex scenes which are animated beautifully.

However there are still some issues with the game which makes the code crash. Fortunately the crashes can be avoided by either ignore or backtrack.
    So having that in mind plus the non working easy mode the game get -1 in the rating.

I'm looking forward to future releases!

Rated: 4/5
    Based on: v.0.6.2
  2. 5.00 star(s)

rux

(This a review for version 0.6.2)

Freaking love this game so far. I can overlook some of the grammar issues ("lifes" instead of "lives", etc) because the game is really well made in just about every other way. The characters look good and use totally original models (not your typical Daz stuff), the animations are rendered really well and look dead sexy, and the story is unique and well written.

It's a bit of a slow burn. Things take a little while to pick up, but I didn't find this to be grindy at all. There's so much you don't know about what's happening that I found myself totally engaged and lost track of time.

Tl;dr this is one of the better games I've played on this site and it's definitely worth checking out. Can't wait to see what happens next.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

CHALLENGER22

WOW

Very nice game with animation + sound. Looking forward to get more updates with more animations :D
    If you have not played yet go for it I am sure you love it & Don't forget to support the developer for their hard work.
    Big Thanks for Such a nice Game.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

Deleted member 1002688

One of the best games on this site, at first I was thrown off by the art style but I was interested in the story so pushed on and I can say I was wrong the art is great. The game isn't super grindy and focusing on fewer characters makes each scene much better.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

dwalsh

This is one of the best games here. The storyline tethers very loosely to the cliché of founding a utopia in the middle of dystopia. But its written so good you still find yourself sucked into the writers world. I want to reference another game whose monsters would be a perfectttttt...... Match for this game but alas..... Rules. The monsters here are not to be dismissed in any way as wanting either but my opinion of the additional monsters from Deviant Ano....... Ah I can't say it. I like that he's keeping his art style original compared to the copy and paste themes a lot of other games are going with. The characters are very lovable and the writing brings out so much personality out off each one of them. I was skipping this game for months until boredom got me to try it now its in the top 5 of the best games I have ever played. Hope to dev continues the Great work done so far.
  6. 1.00 star(s)

Drako

One of the most boring grindy games that you will ever see. It is not a slow burn or a slow pace where you see character development or anything like that, the gameplay is the problem. It doesn't matter if you take the easy or normal mod you will keep grinding and repeating the same boring quests again and again.
    Could be worth it if it has some hot girls with good personality sadly the characters suck, ugly girls with horrible personality from the dumb girl to the drama queen.
    The dialogue looks like it was written by a 5 years old, it is hard to take this game seriously as a survival game or understand the hype behind it.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

Youtiy

This is an amazing game with an amazing story, the character development is pretty good minus a few areas. The scenes are high quality, however the level system is a little grindy at best. And the Stamina training is really easy to do especially if you choose the keyboard option. A solution to these problems would be maybe increasing the XP gained per attack and making the stamina training take a little longer to do. Other then that the games great, can't wait to see it's final version. Good luck and thanks for the great game
  8. 5.00 star(s)

SynthwaveSkeleton

Engaging story, unique environments, scary monsters, very well done models and gripping story. What more can you ask? Game worth checking out. I promise you will not be able to put it down without completing it first.
  9. 4.00 star(s)

NekoGirlHentaiGamer18

@395games_Rathieu

~>Good game the story is mind blowing and my cup of tea.

~>There are no music in the game which sad and can't feel the horror experience.

~>Gameplay s also good and enjoyable it is very refreshing for renpy to randomly click and straight forward.

~>The 2 girls are not my cup of tea cause sometimes it gives me creeps like a plastic doll no offense.

~>Good variety of sex option which is rare for a game majority of renpy games click here and that without option where you want to penetrate.

~>The animated sex scene is rare not a lot of dev can pull it off.

~>In my opinion it is worth to support the dev

<~ he has mind blowing story which is rare,

<~Good animated sex except for the girls like 2 plastic dolls sometimes it creeps me.
  10. 3.00 star(s)

phantasytester

The pace can be slow, the game is very linear, and the art could be better, but overall it's a decent story/mystery game.

I really don't like the 'realistic' 3D humans we see in a lot of NSFW games. In contrast, while this style isn't the best, it avoids a lot of the 'uncanny valley' effect I often see with these games, which is nice.

Part of the reason Summertime Saga gets as much praise as it does is that the game breaks away from the typical linear 'visual novel' and let's you freely go in a huge variety of paths with the story/characters (that are still connected to other paths). Only like a few characters? Well good news, you can virtually ignore everyone else.

In this game, you're barely making any decisions. There is mystery, but there's hardly any true exploration. The game basically says "go in this direction, at the exact pace we want you to go."

Since the access to content seems to be mostly linear, and there's already AT LEAST 10 hours of content here, I would suggest that you wait until the game is finished.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

OldRapist

I discovered only few storylines in par with this one. So captivating, immersive and unexpected. Very different and deeply explored characters. Many deliciously awkward yet hilarious moments. Beautiful animations, too.
    The only complaint would be the lack of sense that the game sometimes makes. For instance, how the wall in the house got magically fixed after the explosion, and only nailed planks on top of it indicate a previous damage (why would you need those planks, if the wall underneath them looks impeccable?). Or how there's a trail of blood behind a person, but no blood whatsoever on the person who's supposedly... bleeding.
    Besides these little quirky details, amazing game. Looking forward for continuation.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

Harkonnan

My rating is 4.75 for this game. I like the art. Blender instead of HS or Daz and it looks amazing. I like the characters and the balance between RPG/VN/RTS/Survival. I think you struck the perfect balance there and I really enjoyed the game so far.

The only reason I didn't give 5 stars is because of Robins character in the beginning. She seemed like a whiney apathetic and self-centered 10 year old rather than an upset and scared adult. Her character alone almost made me quit playing. The reasons I kept playing are many; mostly it would be the attention to detail in other areas of the gam. I could tell just how much effort was put into this and I wanted to see how that would work out. I am glad I stuck it out and got past the early Robin as her character and the story got much much better later on.

Keep doing what your doing and I will keep playing and when I get back to work I will start supporting this game. It is really nice to see something other than the standard HS,DAZ or Koikatsu visuals. These Blender renders and animations look amazing and are refreshing.

Edit:

After playing this game to the end I have to say Great Job! You raised the bar for visual novels. I know I previously said 4.75 but after how you developed the story and the characters you more than made up for the way Robin was in the beginning. 5 Stars. This is my favorite visual novel to date. If you are going to do another project any time soon I will definitely play it. Thanks for all the hard work you put into this.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

SIK guy

It's one the best sexual game i've ever played! Visualisation is perfect, caracters amazing - give 2 copies of this! I think in the future the game will have better animaton and much more content, i really like what this dude making!
  14. 5.00 star(s)

Yooshi

What can I say, great game.

You can see the effort the dev has put into it.

The story is interesting, it makes you want to go out from the cabin just to find out what is going to happen next.

Animations are great. It took me some time to get used to the characters' faces, but they're not bad, just "original" I would say.

Played the game on easy mode and enjoyed it a lot.

Can't wait for the next updates, good luck! :)
  15. 5.00 star(s)

Optimelle

Fantastic game!

This actually feels like you're playing a game, not just scrolling through meaningless dialogue just to eventually get to some sexy stuff. The story is great, you're not compelled to skip text just to get to the "good stuff", the characters are a bit weird but that's a good thing they are more than lifeless brainless zombies waiting to be fucked, they have their own personalities, they have their own strengths and weaknesses. It all adds up.

The graphics kept me away initially, but boy was I wrong to judge this book by its cover! The graphics and especially the animations are top-notch and I am pleasantly surprised to see this kind of detail in an adult/XXX game. Plenty of ambitious projects out there but none come close to this game.

The sound effects and music is also perfect and sets the mood the game needs it's just right. The only thing I may possibly add is different voice actors for each girl, which may potentially be added later on if with enough patrons (I started supporting in case you're wondering)

Easy 5/5 (one of the few I ever gave) so recommend wholeheartedly to anyone that still has doubts. You gotta try this gem! You won't be sorry, trust me!
  16. 5.00 star(s)

sotorojo

An excellent game! I love the combat mechanics, and the story. The various tasks to do were clear, and I appreciated the hint system. Very little grind, except a couple occasions where I needed train to get my character attributes up. Good animations, and I kind of liked the unique style of rendering of the women. Plenty of erotic content once you get past the beginning.
  17. 5.00 star(s)

Wicked Garden

This game was a hidden gem for me. I've seen it on this forum and others and never checked it out or gave it a thought, and boy, do I regret that decision. Because Mist is absolutely superb. This is one of the better games out now and I'm glad I found it.

It's well put together from the writing and gameplay mechanics all the way up to the renders and animation. The characters are great and their development throughout the game has been well executed. One of the best fantasy/horror games I've ever played. Some games and stories are tailor made for the Sandbox style of play and this is one of them, it wouldn't be as exciting as a Visual Novel in my opinion.

The Cast is great. Lily, Mia and Robin are my best girls in that particular order, but can't forget about the one true goddess Noreia she's the best of the best. Like I've said every character has depth, their own personality, their own identity and it's well thought out and makes this game that much enjoyable. On to rescue the my goddess Noreia, I don't know what's gonna happen next, but the anticipation is definitely high.

Best of luck the Dev and his team and I hope this gets all the success and accolades it deserves.
  18. 5.00 star(s)

AliceInToolArmy

This is a VERY interesting game. The story starts out slow but I am at a point where it has really ramped up. Then you get into the graphics and animation. Not 1-2 frame animations either. Lots of full movement, details, and smoothness. It is also very refreshing to see a more unique style of character and world model than usual.

The fighting/scavenging can get a little grindy, but only barely and certainly far less than some other high-reviewed games on this site. And there is an "easy" mode if you really want it.

Good stuff!
  19. 5.00 star(s)

Jack20p

I had a great few days with this game, it soothed my power levelling needs and gave me a good story, as a rpg fan I am glad to see that this game stands by just the gameplay alone, and with the adult content it was just nice frequent rewards for all the progress I made, I'm looking forward to future updates.
  20. 5.00 star(s)

Vardamir

Story 8/10 - I see too much drama. Specially targeted on main hero's perspective. For example I found lame that main hero still plays the dumb in scenes involving Lilly. I mean, Cmon man, give it a break she's not only your 'childhood friend'. In regarding this topic i also find main hero a little submissive.. or passive when it comes to "fucking". Girls are the ones that always fires the crack first haha.

Gameplay 8/10 - RPG elements are high class in this game. Leveling, skills etc. It lacks influence system with girls tho. Influence doesnt affect anything for real actually.

Scenes 8/10 - One of the best aspects of why I play the game. 3d modelling choice and face textures also animations and those little gestures that girls do they are just lovely. The actual scenes could be more interactive tho. with more added choice options i.e cim, cif.....

Overall: It's a MUST PLAY!
    go play it.