MMD discussion/sharing

wretchedegg

Jul 26, 2020
I don't remember saying he wasn't legit, but sure, I can answer.

His actions & speech both *very* aggressively came across as a scammer or troll rather than someone genuine. I didn't get involved or even comment because I firmly believe 'Anything that seems too good to be true, is a scam' which is a policy that has saved me many times in RL & online. Anyway he drew a lot of attention to himself, never followed through with what he claimed, started talking smack about people that tried to message him like he had said, arranged it so whatever he was intending to do would flood the thread, etc. Maybe he was drunk or high..... it's the only way it makes sense. I'm still not entirely convinced that guy was on the level but we'll see.
Dude, he is legit

Last edited:

Welikeboobie

Jun 27, 2023
I don't remember saying he wasn't legit, but sure, I can answer.

His actions & speech both *very* aggressively came across as a scammer or troll rather than someone genuine. I didn't get involved or even comment because I firmly believe 'Anything that seems too good to be true, is a scam' which is a policy that has saved me many times in RL & online. Anyway he drew a lot of attention to himself, never followed through with what he claimed, started talking smack about people that tried to message him like he had said, arranged it so whatever he was intending to do would flood the thread, etc. Maybe he was drunk or high..... it's the only way it makes sense. I'm still not entirely convinced that guy was on the level but we'll see.
I'm just gonna point out a few things here:

The person who was sharing the website was sharing it during it's very early phases, as in, the website barely had like 3-4 creators imported. They were most likely making sure the site was only shared to people who are likely to import stuff to the site. While I admit that they may have come across as aggressive, I think their actions were also reasonable.

If the website became public during the early phases there's a good chance it'll get shut down before it can do anything, so it's definitely reasonable to want to keep the site a secret and share only to people who will actually import stuff for the time being. That said, now is probably an appropriate time for the website to be public as there have been way more imports and they have had time to actually develop their website.

I'm not trying to defend the person but their actions were probably with good intentions. And also we should probably drop this topic before the thread gets locked again...

mokai

Dec 19, 2017
I'm just gonna point out a few things here:

The person who was sharing the website was sharing it during it's very early phases, as in, the website barely had like 3-4 creators imported. They were most likely making sure the site was only shared to people who are likely to import stuff to the site. While I admit that they may have come across as aggressive, I think their actions were also reasonable.

If the website became public during the early phases there's a good chance it'll get shut down before it can do anything, so it's definitely reasonable to want to keep the site a secret and share only to people who will actually import stuff for the time being. That said, now is probably an appropriate time for the website to be public as there have been way more imports and they have had time to actually develop their website.

I'm not trying to defend the person but their actions were probably with good intentions. And also we should probably drop this topic before the thread gets locked again...
you say that but the anon who made the site advertised it on kemono's chan as well after it went semi-live like i said before around 7 months ago when it had broken links to artists. it took around another 3 months to get those links even working from the 4xx-5xx errors. shortly after then importing wad made available which then almost instantly broke the website for another month. kmods took the post down then left the secondary post up due to kchan users making fun of its launch. i can probably find and link the secondary post if its still up.

Reactions: Reyas

mokai

Dec 19, 2017
you say that but the anon who made the site advertised it on kemono's chan as well after it went semi-live like i said before around 7 months ago when it had broken links to artists. it took around another 3 months to get those links even working from the 4xx-5xx errors. shortly after then importing wad made available which then almost instantly broke the website for another month. kmods took the post down then left the secondary post up due to kchan users making fun of its launch. i can probably find and link the secondary post if its still up.
sorry make it 3 posts. there was one more prior to the first one liked below (the deleted one)
this was one of them

the 3rd most recent one

Reyas

Oct 11, 2020
That's fine, I have no problem with any of that and never did. If anything, I'd be glad he's working on that.

I'm genuinely not sure what you think you're arguing exactly but I was never in contention with anything about that guy or that site. I was just surprised that he might actually be legit because the last time I saw him here, he was acting very suspicious for some reason. Do you think I'm lying? I'm not but it makes no difference to me either way. There was never an argument here to begin with. I'm not speaking further on the matter.... you can have the last word.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Alicetaria

Godkingzz

Feb 12, 2022
does anyone have cameel mmd past videos seems like the other got taken down

Welikeboobie

Jun 27, 2023
That's fine, I have no problem with any of that and never did. If anything, I'd be glad he's working on that.

I'm genuinely not sure what you think you're arguing exactly but I was never in contention with anything about that guy or that site. I was just surprised that he might actually be legit because the last time I saw him here, he was acting very suspicious for some reason. Do you think I'm lying? I'm not but it makes no difference to me either way. There was never an argument here to begin with. I'm not speaking further on the matter.... you can have the last word.
I didn't say you were lying, all I'm saying is that even though he did have some suspicious behavior, he's a legit contributor and was probably acting with good intentions in mind... I apologize if you took this as some sort of argument. I only meant to further expand on why he isn't a suspicious person.

I took a look at the posts... and you're right. I have no idea why they would advertise their website like that, unless perhaps they meant it as a "stress test" of sorts, but it's not exactly much of a test if it just immediately breaks.

Maybe I was mistaken then, there should've been no reason for the person who was sharing the website to keep a secret from most people if it was already being shared by the devs, unless perhaps they were unaware of this and were acting on their own intentions. Or maybe they were aware and purposefully kept it a secret for god knows what reason.

dogtor_benis

Jul 12, 2018
Remember a few months back, there was that one post who was like, "DM me for a new kemono site" and everybody posted DM me and this thread got shut down by mods and banned "No more DM me post". Yeah, that's the link. I got that said link because I was one of the early "DM me" posters but since the mods banned the topic so I kept my mouth shut (Just thought the whole topic was just taboo at that point, and didnt want to create another flame war)

Heck, when I got the DM, I told the original guy. "Bro, sooner or later somone is going to post this link, you should just post public rather then this DM me stunt" but he wanted to do it like this so.
Ain't no fucking way bro was on to something lmao

Reactions: artorgias