Collection Video mmdrandom31 collection [2023-11-03] [mmdrandom31]

yaamers

Jul 20, 2021
I've had one conversation with the guy but I got a strong impression that he is aggressively fixated on 'piracy' as the source of his troubles. I contacted him to offer help w subtitle/translation work explicitly *NOT* wanting anything in return. I wanted to help. Somehow piracy was/is to blame, partly or completely, for the subtitle issue and for his refusal to accept my offer. Your guess is as good as mine. Brief mentions of other topics somehow ended with 'piracy did it' as well so the pattern wasn't exactly hard to identify.

All available data that I am familiar with shows that 'internet piracy' boosts profitability overall due to improving the strength of a brand, creating fans where none would have existed & providing consumer awareness, I.e. it's free advertising/it's like a demo. However, some people's values are false and they will ignore the facts in order to scapegoat XYZ as the cause of anything they choose. At least that's what I've seen.

That is my assessment of the situation. Who knows.
im pretty sure thats why mmdrandom31 is posting free content on iwara is how he promotes his shit and last time i checked he gets thousands of views on those vids so he gets alot of awareness from those and i think its enough.

my MAIN POINT : sure pirating can boost people's awareness of his works significantly but still, there are people who paid for his patreon stuff and its not fair to those who paid seeing the shit they paid for are free online yknow. Thats why he is so adamant on keep his stuff on lockdown, if his patreon shit is free online, whats stopping his customers from quitting his patreon. mmdrandom31 is doing this for the money, its like a businessman protecting his business, pretty simple concept.
As for you wanting to help with his shitty subtitles without anything in return and getting rejected may seem like an asshole move from mmdrandom31, but he is just being cautious, afterall its the internet you cant trust nobody, so dont take it personally but if i had to comeup with a reason he rejected you is maybe in order for you to help with the translation he might have to share the contents of the patreon video and the plot of the episode with you and he thinks you might leak the stuff so good call on his part being careful.

Cant say for other creators but yeah this is what i can see. P.S. (but Im a frickin hypocrite for defending mmdrandom31 bcuz i like it when people pirate his content so lol)

Last edited:

Reyas

Oct 11, 2020
my MAIN POINT : sure pirating can boost people's awareness of his works significantly but still, there are people who paid for his patreon stuff and its not fair to those who paid seeing the shit they paid for are free online yknow.
Sure. I can agree to that, but you're overlooking *my* main point which was that I very strongly got the impression that he is, at best, psychotically paranoid about 'piracy' and at worst, an obnoxious jerk that often (knowingly falsely) blames 'piracy' for unrelated problems.

Despite the extreme barriers to do so for me, I was intending to join his membership or whatever on whichever account I could but I got such a negative impression from him that I changed my mind and now never will. It's not (just) that he rejected my offer, it's that he was a complete cunt. Like come on man, I wasn't being an ass and I genuinely wanted to contribute not only by joining but if possible by actively contributing even just in a small way like helping out with subbing. I do see your points though and you are not exactly wrong but we are focusing on completely different things.

Oh well. Let's respectfully agree to disagree.

Reyas

Oct 11, 2020
Minamoto no Raikou NTR at 4:34 - 4:37 subtitles:

It's all the fault of the pink haired girl

She cheated on me
Here, I'm dead certain that the original text was '[Ella] Me engaño'. "Engaño" is a word in Spanish that does indeed usually translate to 'cheat' but not always. In this case 'tricked' or 'deceived' were appropriate while 'cheat', especially in that sentence, is off. Meaning '[The pink haired girl] tricked me/deceived me'. Saying "She cheated on me" makes absolutely no sense. Even "She cheated me", which is straight-up broken English, would still make more sense than what they went with.

It's wrong on both the macro level & the finesse level. Yeah no one cares I know but if you spoke Spanish & English you'd understand why this is so distracting & annoying. Just saying.

ReichLoli

Engaged Member
Mar 1, 2020
I've had one conversation with the guy but I got a strong impression that he is aggressively fixated on 'piracy' as the source of his troubles. I contacted him to offer help w subtitle/translation work explicitly *NOT* wanting anything in return. I wanted to help. Somehow piracy was/is to blame, partly or completely, for the subtitle issue and for his refusal to accept my offer. Your guess is as good as mine. Brief mentions of other topics somehow ended with 'piracy did it' as well so the pattern wasn't exactly hard to identify.
They are soo paranoid about piracy that they will allow a middle men like FAKKU to take advantage of these translators and have them pay a feed to get their stuff translated by them. When they could've done it for less without paying the middle men.

All available data that I am familiar with shows that 'internet piracy' boosts profitability overall due to improving the strength of a brand, creating fans where none would have existed & providing consumer awareness, I.e. it's free advertising/it's like a demo. However, some people's values are false and they will ignore the facts in order to scapegoat XYZ as the cause of anything they choose. At least that's what I've seen.

That is my assessment of the situation. Who knows.
Piracy is a issues in Japan then it is in America. Which is why they are so hard about it.

Reyas

Oct 11, 2020
Piracy is a issues in Japan then it is in America. Which is why they are so hard about it.
Is mmdrandom Japanese or living in Japan though? his native language for sure is Spanish rather than English or Japanese but it is possible that he was raised in latam and moved to Japan at some point. He's prob working with people in Japan but isn't there himself, is my guess.

After all, his use of Uzaki/Mamako/Rias/etc. would constitute gross infringement ('piracy') of the character rights according to Japanese law. Maybe you're right about everything but bottom line, he made an awful first impression and lost all good faith I had for him & his work.

ReichLoli

Engaged Member
Mar 1, 2020
Is mmdrandom Japanese or living in Japan though? his native language for sure is Spanish rather than English or Japanese but it is possible that he was raised in latam and moved to Japan at some point. He's prob working with people in Japan but isn't there himself, is my guess.

After all, his use of Uzaki/Mamako/Rias/etc. would constitute gross infringement ('piracy') of the character rights according to Japanese law. Maybe you're right about everything but bottom line, he made an awful first impression and lost all good faith I had for him & his work.
If he is from Japan then I can pretty much understand his reaction toward you. Most of all of them has been brainwash with this mentality "fan/pirate translators are bad' by the middle men companies like Fakku. They will even goes was far as to DMCA fan translations that correct them from these companies butchering them.

If they realize they can get translators by these websites and put it within their own store with lesser the cost, Fakku no longer existed. Why wait nearly a year for something I want to be translate into Fakku. When I can go into the artist themselves and buy the language version I want? Middle men don't want them to know that.

Reactions: Reyas
Dec 1, 2019
This might be a bit of a long shot, but does anyone have a timeline for the videos?
There's clearly an ongoing story of some sort, but the video names don't exactly help place them chronologically, and the videos don't seem to be released in chronological order either.
You don't need to understand the plot for the important bits, but it's weird having so much missing context.

XGaboX

Oct 12, 2017
Hello people, does anyone know if the only videos of Moyako and Rias together are "anaconda" and "kiss me" or are there more?