Krylo Zagato

May 23, 2019
How do you beat or lose to the Lamia in the Catacombs? All it does is guard and heal. This fight just seems endless and boring.

Reactions: mrttao

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
Yeah I know. Most of his paternal family members are arseholes who deserved to be killed for their sins but the MC's dad is more of a tragic villain who's forced to follow orders from his elders
what? no MC's dad is a colossal asshole too. Just because he is more frail than the others due to the plague doesn't change the fact he was actively suppressing the MC, being a huge jerk about it too, and is just as greedy and power hungry as the rest of them. No to mention had zero compunctions about killing MC's mom or sacrificing his sons.
How do you beat or lose to the Lamia in the Catacombs? All it does is guard and heal. This fight just seems endless and boring.
I noticed that issue. just kill her, then use the meditate skill and it will let you see the bad end scene

PANGHEEFONE

Sep 19, 2020
what? no MC's dad is a colossal asshole too. Just because he is more frail than the others due to the plague doesn't change the fact he was actively suppressing the MC, being a huge jerk about it too, and is just as greedy and power hungry as the rest of them. No to mention had zero compunctions about killing MC's mom or sacrificing his sons.
Just compare him to his father, Clay & Leon then you'll understand what I mean. Remember, he was upset that his heir happens to be that no-good scum, his son Cyprus who is too spoilt by his mom, Dinah & he's rather fond of the half-elf mom of the MC

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
Just compare him to his father, Clay & Leon then you'll understand what I mean. Remember, he was upset that his heir happens to be that no-good scum, his son Cyprus who is too spoilt by his mom, Dinah & he's rather fond of the half-elf mom of the MC
Remembers her fondly? I distinctly recall him calling her some bad names. He hates her a lot, because she disrupted the ritual of his firstborn, killed his first born, killed a bunch of others too.
Also, being upset that his current heir is absolute trash doesn't make you not evil

PANGHEEFONE

Sep 19, 2020
Remembers her fondly? I distinctly recall him calling her some bad names. He hates her a lot, because she disrupted the ritual of his firstborn, killed his first born, killed a bunch of others too.
Also, being upset that his current heir is absolute trash doesn't make you not evil
That's Leon not Maron. Maron is the father & Leon is the 2nd ancestor

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
That's Leon not Maron. Maron is the father & Leon is the 2nd ancestor
it is both of them. the entire line hated her for disrupting their plans
Maron might have occasionally had some nostalgia for her, but he also had some very negative words for her.
Maron himself repeatedly shows himself to be a collosal ass, aside from that he is just as evil as the rest of them.

trythisone

Nov 1, 2017
Stuck on locating the dwarf shifter. Wen to the ambush site in the forest, the thief says follow the trail to the north and I see the run to south but can't follow him. Returned to the town but can't locate any clues regarding the thieves. help
There is a bush you have to click on to go south.
Then what? I've clicked on the bush the thief went thur, and I can follow a path east back to the forest house you can rest in. I have no idea where the thief has gone.

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
ok something i noticed that is kinda bugging me as an old school gamer of rpg games is that with how the game is set up now after a certain point you can not do any damage with a normally auto attack at all , you hit but it does 0 damage and the reason this bother me is because normal when something like this happens it means you are to low level for the area , but in this game all the monsters are always the same level as you are so you cant just go out and grind out a few levels and then you are able to do damage , and the reason that this is so important is that any time you get silenced or your unable to use skill the only thing you can do then is guard and hope you live long enough to out last what ever is removing your ability to use spells and skill (now maybe this is what you wanted in the game but as of right now i see it as a design flaw because any monster that can silence you or any area that has a effect in place that stops you from using skills and magic means that your enemies are hitting you for hundreds if not thousands of damage and you cant hurt them ) i also noticed that because M.C. is darkness almost everything in the game is immune to darkness meaning he might as well not have an element bonus
game is somewhat oldschool in that regards. not all builds are viable, and there are multiple intentionally OP combos you can aim for.

1. get dark dragon. if you got a different color you can change it by acquiring different colored eggs from auction house. dark dragon should spam miasma
2. very few enemies are darkness immune. I don't get where you get that they are dark immune. maybe if they overlevel you their MDF is so high you cannot deal spell damage to them with your MAT?
3. spend souls on stat upgrades.
4. one of your special attacks ignore enemy armor.
5. most enemies have a cap on how high they can level. you want to overlevel them

Last edited:

sorren

Jun 26, 2018
Dunno if this has been noted or not but I've started a new play-thru on 20v2 and finally got shadow sight but game glitches when trying to view Maron. All other characters are viewable, if viewable as Helen isn't at this time of story progress, but when I try to view Maron my screen turns black, I get a location header for the library and then nothing I've tried to advance the text both manually and thru skip nothing happens I can't even access the menu so I have to close out the game and restart it so at this time I'll just skip Maron and hope it doesn't hurt story progression.

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
I restarted the game to do the non calamity path and because my save was so ancient and collected some interesting and weird bugs due to being imported into newer versions.
I discovered that if you know what you are doing grinding is so vastly lower and the game goes pretty fast.

first skill you want to buy is hellfire That spell is fantastic and just knowing to buy it first makes a massive difference
There are several easy methods to grind out stats to make you stronk.

1. go to black market. grab free swords. sell them back to him in batches of 1000. since the money cap is 99,999. Then spend it all on body and magic pills (4k each). magic pill gives 100 MAT, 100 MDF, 100 maxMP. Body pill gives 100 AGI, 100 DEF, 100 ATK, and a lot of maxHP. Also use the money to buy monster cores instead of bothering to farm them. (xianxia pills!)

2. very early on you can spend 500 mana to refine mana (+10 to all stats except luck) then sleep to recover mana. repeat as many times as you want. (xianxia secluded cultivation!)

3. you can cast dark restoration (healing spell) out of combat, even if at 100% health. spam it. each time you cast it you get a small amount of agi, mat, mdf, mat, maxMP, maxHP. Also it can trigger demon mode before the start of next battle, so you start in demon mode (temp doubling of maxHP and huge stat boost)
3b. you can cast it in combat. Heck just use command remember to have MC cast it and his dragon cast defend. Then use an autoclick to hold down enter key and walk away for some time. Come back super leveled.

4. Megadeath is great for grinding. Grind some city guards to get the gold to buy it if you do not like exploits. goes real fast with hellfire. (requires buying Death spell first)

5. Sloth rings exponentially increase your XP gains.

Rush acquiring your dragon pet. (from black market). Make it a dark dragon. after a couple of levels it learns miasma. put him on miasma and never look back

megadeath is pretty good against city guards. although only needed if you didn't use the pills
just hold down enter. thanks command remember

The best item in the game is the Greed Earring. First playthrough I just found it in inventory after slaughtering bandits during rescue of nina (dwarf shaper slave). Second playthrough I got it from slaughtering city guards. I think it shows up in inventory due to trigger from either slaughtering enough humans, or opening enough gold pouches, or having enough gold on hand.
There is apparently an entire convoluted questline to learn how to make the dwarf shaper craft them. (that is currently bugged and softlocks you). But I never had need to do it.

Anyways. The greed earring changes your class from [sword mage] to [sword mage sinner]. It increases your gold income from opening pouches by 3.5x. Gives some nice boosts. Sacrifices your head slot (pretty useless), and add 5 ring slots. For a net gain of 4 equipment slots. It also gives you a bunch of awesomely OP magic rings that you can equip into all the ring slots.

Calamity routes makes you massively stronger. At the cost of being somewhat darker

You can hold down ctrl to fast forward dialog. I completely forgot this was a thing when importing my old save. only when I restarted the game did I get told this was a thing

Last edited:

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
Dunno if this has been noted or not but I've started a new play-thru on 20v2 and finally got shadow sight but game glitches when trying to view Maron. All other characters are viewable, if viewable as Helen isn't at this time of story progress, but when I try to view Maron my screen turns black, I get a location header for the library and then nothing I've tried to advance the text both manually and thru skip nothing happens I can't even access the menu so I have to close out the game and restart it so at this time I'll just skip Maron and hope it doesn't hurt story progression.
Huh. that is odd. I had this bug when importing an old save from v10v2.
But my new playthrough did not experience this bug. Apparently though it can happen on a new save too.
where do i find calamity candy?
in the forest path that lead to the holy water that you collected 2 vials of. There would be a small shrine on the left of the screen where you can insert the Bust of the hero who sealed her. Which unlocks the path going towards the left of that screen.

Reactions: xfirstninx
3.10 star(s) 18 Votes