Noxilum

Jun 21, 2020
One question : I know it's something easily known with the tags but is the game somewhat linear or is there multiple paths and/or navigation like a sandbox game ?

Skylark21

Apr 9, 2018
One question : I know it's something easily known with the tags but is the game somewhat linear or is there multiple paths and/or navigation like a sandbox game ?
It's linear, there are no choices which can impact storyline of the game however you get choose which character perspective you want to see it from.

Reactions: \EGOIST and Noxilum

LokiSalmon

Jul 7, 2017
If you even peek at the code, it quickly becomes obvious why incest patches take so long, as the script is just one giant text file with navigation via gotos. Every last bit of dialogue in the game is hard-coded, with absolutely no placeholder text, no dialog subfunctions, nothing. You know how the scenes have multiple perspectives? Every perspective is a separate "scene", with everything written out manually.

So making an incest patch requires going through the script.rpy file and searching out every single instance where a name or phrase should be replaced, then doing so. It's incredibly painstaking to do, and has to be redone from scratch every single update, because again... the script is just one giant text files with navigation via gotos.

Noxilum

Jun 21, 2020
It's linear, there are no choices which can impact storyline of the game however you get choose which character perspective you want to see it from.
Thanks for your reply. Like Waifu Academy, would give it a go but meh, I'm not fond of linear games...

OGSage

Jul 1, 2020
If you even peek at the code, it quickly becomes obvious why incest patches take so long, as the script is just one giant text file with navigation via gotos. Every last bit of dialogue in the game is hard-coded, with absolutely no placeholder text, no dialog subfunctions, nothing. You know how the scenes have multiple perspectives? Every perspective is a separate "scene", with everything written out manually.

So making an incest patch requires going through the script.rpy file and searching out every single instance where a name or phrase should be replaced, then doing so. It's incredibly painstaking to do, and has to be redone from scratch every single update, because again... the script is just one giant text files with navigation via gotos.
damn and im guessing it gets harder the longer the game gets

forgotp

Nov 4, 2019

wow thats a bad design

LokiSalmon

Jul 7, 2017
I can imagine it's not difficult to do, just time consuming, slow, and annoying work.
That's pretty much what I meant.

I go through the code relatively frequently with renpy games, especially when I run into bugs and can figure out how to fix them. I've spent a lot more time in the code of games like Lab Rats and Rewind than VNs, so I'm not as used to their layout.

After looking into a few other VNs, I will accept that this flow style seems fairly common for VNs as opposed to more rpg-styled games, because sandbox/management games have to have you return to points rather than take a linear flow.

Regardless, doing an incest patch would be much, much easier if each bloodline was its own .rpy file instead of them all being in the same massive script file. It's significantly faster to do diff checks on multiple files than one big one, just because not every bloodline gets updated with every new version.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Regardless, doing an incest patch would be much, much easier if each bloodline was its own .rpy file instead of them all being in the same massive script file. It's significantly faster to do diff checks on multiple files than one big one, just because not every bloodline gets updated with every new version.
It would be a little bit easier, I wouldn't say 'much, much'. Parts that aren't updated will be skipped right over by any decent diff software. Large files can sometimes take a little longer to diff though, yeah.

heliolisk09

Aug 8, 2018
here is my unofficial android port of Moniker Smith's BLOODLINES v0.10.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

from now on my android ports of Ren'Py games have a 2nd, persistent save location like windows. if you uninstall an app, the save files and persistent data remain intact.
therefore the app needs the permission to access the public external storage, because it has to read and write outside its own external storage directories.
you have to grant the permission or the app is shut down.

have fun and please report problems (you can reach me ).
Wait so just to clarify if we uninstall the game the saves will still be intact. Then what if we want to remove those saves to free up space on the android how do we delete them.

the66

beware, the germans are cumming
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jan 27, 2017
Wait so just to clarify if we uninstall the game the saves will still be intact. Then what if we want to remove those saves to free up space on the android how do we delete them.
by deleting them with the file explorer of your choice. :WeSmart:

libertypics

Jan 23, 2019
What're the "Transformation, Body Morphing" tags for? Being a vampire game I guessed bat or wolf form or something but is there any breast enlargement or similar?

Gallos

Oct 12, 2018
What're the "Transformation, Body Morphing" tags for? Being a vampire game I guessed bat or wolf form or something but is there any breast enlargement or similar?
It should be pretty obvious what the transformation is though, it's the people becoming vampires. Which yes does include breast enlargement.

3.60 star(s) 35 Votes