ItabiMazake

Sep 3, 2018
At this point I'm kind of at a loss. Sorry, there's only so much I can do when I'm not there troubleshooting in person.
I don't know if this is how it works but if you upload that folder you are talking about, and I download it and placeit in that pathway, could it possibly solve the issue?

swpkmn

Feb 19, 2020
ItabiMazake Questions for debugging based on provided info:
  1. What is the file path to the folder containing the game (to check for character issues)?
  2. What is the name of the logged in user (to check for character issues)?
  3. What type of computer are you using (PC/Mac/Linux/mobile/other)?
What also might help is to provide a screenshot of the AppData/Local folder for the logged in user.

ItabiMazake

Sep 3, 2018
ItabiMazake Questions for debugging based on provided info:
  1. What is the file path to the folder containing the game (to check for character issues)?
  2. What is the name of the logged in user (to check for character issues)?
  3. What type of computer are you using (PC/Mac/Linux/mobile/other)?
What also might help is to provide a screenshot of the AppData/Local folder for the logged in user.
1. C:\Games\Monster Girl 1000 - Windows - 19.3.1b
2. mccha
3. PC Screenshot 2024-03-16 213733.png Screenshot 2024-03-16 213745.png Screenshot 2024-03-16 213719.png

Jan 10, 2019
At this point I'm kind of at a loss. Sorry, there's only so much I can do when I'm not there troubleshooting in person.
Hello Twisted Scarlett. I bought both this and FWB on Steam a while ago. I thoroughly enjoyed FWB and your take on the setting and the characters and felt it to be one of the most enjoyable and charming VNs i have had the pleasure of experiencing, and though it has been sitting on my back burner for some time now i just got around to playing MG1000 and came here to confirm that development on it had ceased, I wanted to take a moment to say that after playing both of these titles and enjoying both immensely you have entered into my top 5 favorite developers and i wanted to thank you for the laughs the smiles, the plot twists, the excited nights telling those closest to me my experiences with your games and the joys i have had recommending them to others. thank you for your time your creativity and your passion. I look forward to playing my tuition academy and unveiling the unknown one day and seeing what else you bring into this world. i wish you many more wonderful stories to come and much success in your endeavors.

• Red Heart
Reactions: TwistedScarlett60

swpkmn

Feb 19, 2020
1. C:\Games\Monster Girl 1000 - Windows - 19.3.1b
2. mccha
3. PC
I just tried running the game myself, and it doesn't make either a "KADOKAWA" or a "Monster Girl 1000" folder in AppData/Local, but it DOES create "nwjs" and "User Data" folders there (which you do have), so try deleting those and running the game again.

ItabiMazake

Sep 3, 2018
I just tried running the game myself, and it doesn't make either a "KADOKAWA" or a "Monster Girl 1000" folder in AppData/Local, but it DOES create "nwjs" and "User Data" folders there (which you do have), so try deleting those and running the game again.
Tried that.didn't fix it

TwistedScarlett60

Will lewd cute girls for cash
Game Developer
Sep 13, 2019
At this point, just play the game from your browser on one of the various websites that have uploaded it there. Just make sure you don't reset your browser cookies during your playthrough because it'll delete your save file.

Sam0009

Apr 28, 2022
Wow. What a game!! Now i understands why it has 4.5 stars. It totally deserves it. My favourite part is Mistral woods. I like the lite horror theme in that. I have seen some negative comments which is understandable. I hope to see more games from you in future.

Mar 24, 2019
Wow. What a game!! Now i understands why it has 4.5 stars. It totally deserves it. My favourite part is Mistral woods. I like the lite horror theme in that. I have seen some negative comments which is understandable. I hope to see more games from you in future.
They're close to finishing their next game that they made after this called Unveiling the Unknown, you might wanna check it out if you liked this one, they've also already announced their next game after that one is finished.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Sam0009

TwistedScarlett60

Will lewd cute girls for cash
Game Developer
Sep 13, 2019
Crashed to desktop and it only after having sex with rat girl ,so what should I do?
No idea, no one has ever reported a crash there before in the entire game's lifespan, so it's probably hardware related. You could try playing the game from a PC or in-browser instead.

Sscdrake

Jun 24, 2018
Bro... o_O
Literally posted on Discord yesterday about how the writing at the end was my biggest regret when developing this game.
View attachment 3381486

To accuse me of "not giving a fuck about critical feedback" is perhaps the biggest fucking insult anyone on this site has ever given me.

You've been on this thread, seen me chatting so you've seen first hand how much crticism matters to me and how much I listen to it. The controversial ending sequence is entirely regrettable, so let me tell you how I'd write it now if I had the time and opportunity to just redo the entire thing.
1. Swiftstroke would be significantly weaker. She's not nearly important or relevant enough to get the screentime and growth I gave her.
2. Dante, Bessie and Ray would be significantly stronger and now major players in several aspects of the raid. I'd take advantage of his Calamity Overlook power boost to pit him against several of the Shadow Hunters.
3. I'd keep the focus and perspective on Dante, instead of playing out entire battles with the other characters. The other characters will only get snippets and updates of their situation.
4. "But why wasn't it already changed?" - Because this is an extremely long game, and the final mission was released all at once. It took a long time for the complaints to build up, and I did make changes where I could to smooth out this issue from the criticism I'd received by that point. I looked at every single scene Swiftstroke appeared in and rewrote it to try to make her growth more natural. At this point, it's felt like it was too late, I made a mistake and there's no magical fix beyond rewriting 50,000 words of story - it'd feel even more wrong going back to the RPGMaker Engine which might be the single biggest thing preventing me from wanting to make any more changes to be honest. If this game was designed in Ren'Py I probably would have already changed the ending.

It's sad to me that 4% of the game, the very last mission, is enough to sour a previous fan into hating my game and hating its creator. I fucked up, and it's just that simple sometimes, and if you don't realize that then I don't think you realize just how hard writing can be. Consider this situation for a second, I made one small mistsake at the very end of my 500,000 word game and it was enough for you to drop my game from a "4/5 to a 2". That is insane.
I don't think it's as bad as others believe, but you should know quite well that fumbling the ending is one of the greatest sins of writing. I know you were around for the great Game of Thrones calamity, for instance. That final 4% probably does matter more than all the other work you've done, because it's the payoff and reward for all the time spent, all the tension, all the characterization, etc. It is probably quite literally the most important part of every story, and I don't mean the final page, but how everything comes together at the climax.

While most people will give a pass to a botched landing, they won't for an explosive crash with no survivors, lol. I'm sorry, but that's just the way it is. For a lot of people, it's as bad as a sudden cliffhanger that never gets resolved. It just leaves people feeling like they wasted all their time and can retroactively sour the entire experience.

My advise would be to not let it bother you too much, learn from the experience, and just do better next time. You have incredible talent, and you're also just human. Easier said to than, I know (I hear creatives often talk about hearing 100 good comments then letting the 1 bad one take over their mind), but that's probably your best bet.

I just kind of wanted you to understand that what you're saying is just how it's always worked in pretty much all mediums. You can't show off objectively impressive cooking skill, put out an array of sublime ingredients, and brandish the best cooking tools in the business, and then expect someone to give you a pass when the final meal is a burnt mess.

I'd argue that just makes it worse. If you know something is bad from the start, or mediocre, you don't ever expect much from it. The inverse, however, is true.

snivley123

Mar 27, 2024
ok so i have completed the "game" and only have a few things left. i need help with a few things, how do i get frachessca's blessing. i have been with her many times before and after endgame. not in inventory. also i have everything in city upgrated, how do i get t6/7 armours?

Reactions: Jonte555

Kisama33

May 13, 2018
ok so i have completed the "game" and only have a few things left. i need help with a few things, how do i get frachessca's blessing. i have been with her many times before and after endgame. not in inventory. also i have everything in city upgrated, how do i get t6/7 armours?
You get her blessing, the same a way you got the others, you fuck her, how? well remember that the "place" were you meet her have two sets of wood double doors, you use one set on the right to do "stuff" related to the area name and the other set on the left take you to her chambers were you can do the "stuff" you need.

About the armour tiers are you talking about adding them to your main village store? Don't know if you can but (yet) but it's possible that there's a way, otherwise just grab them from the endgame stores you can find in the later areas of the game, they appear there first before anywere else I think.

Darsca

Aug 19, 2022
IIRC, Francesca's Blessing is listed as a Key Item for most of the game, as it's too powerful for you to use when you first get it. You have to advance some way through the tournaments at the Colosseum for it to become available to use, I'm forgetting exactly how far, but the logical part of my brain is telling me it's after you defeat her in the Showmatch.

Kisama33

May 13, 2018
I'm forgetting exactly how far, but the logical part of my brain is telling me it's after you defeat her in the Showmatch.
If iirc I became able too use her blessing much sooner than that, this is the part I'm really unsure about but it I think it happened after main story event so unless there are more than a step to unlock it or my memory is tricking me.

Peacekeepr

Jan 25, 2023
Now, to play on Story Mode because auto battle, and get frustrated at seeing the enemies falling in a single strike (and missing most dialogue from the in-fight + possibly getting over-leveled with re-fight option while trying to complete the encyclopedia), or to play on Normal mode and get frustrated at having to micromanage everything (and wasting too much time on battles)...

Why couldn't there just be an "Auto" button close to Escape/Fight at least? Oh well.

EDIT: In the end, I just inserted contents into the "---------.js" plugin, and turns out it works like a charm. I can disable it for Advancement fights, and watch other fights. And now proper equipment choice is no longer obsolete. I guess my problem got solved, just took longer I originally expected.

Also: In some menus, pressing "X" will open the game menu, while in others, pressing "X" will select the second choice. For example, Hides-in-barrels (or whatever the shark girl was called). Pressing "X" will select the second ("talk") option. While to other townsfolk it'll open game menu.

It's a bit scary if you press 'X' to save in a menu and it selects something for you (although I admit I might be making too many saves).

Last edited:
4.50 star(s) 100 Votes