Mar 24, 2019
Fr?
How can I check this? I mean, you know if there is some kind of wiki out there where I can see what each state, buff/debuff does in the game?
And why cant I even see that im under that effect?

Even in the first battle against Mimi I couldnt be healed. Even the potions do damage. I only receive the "Extra Healing" that they provide apart from their base recovery percentages, but due to the fact that healing does damage, with a hugh potion I only receive 20 HP points.

Dont have much sense. If I cant heal some battles become impossible, my only option would be to level up until I become ridiculously strong so as not to be defeated. But I don't find it fun to do that ngl lol

Thanks for answer btw, I may be sinning from ignorance but I dont mean to, Im just getting frustrated.
Honestly, I will admit, your issue doesn't make sense-

As in, yes, you're getting damaged like you're inflicted with zombie, but you don't have the zombie effect active (sign is a broken heart next to character), and you DEFINITELY shouldn't have the status active THAT early in the game, for multiple battles, as nothing can cast zombie on you until WAY later in the game.

Have you been messing around with save editing or cheat engine or MTool or changed any stats? (Not accusing by the way, just that this is a VERY unusual glitch, I use a lot of cheat programs for testing different things.)

As far as solutions go, have you tried starting a new save to see if you have the same issue? Since you're not too far into the game, if it can be fixed by a restart, it might be worth it since you're only just out of the tutorial. (You can hold ctrl and Enter to automatically speed through dialogue on replaying)

Mar 24, 2019
Fr?
How can I check this? I mean, you know if there is some kind of wiki out there where I can see what each state, buff/debuff does in the game?

Even in the first battle against Mimi I couldnt be healed. Even the potions do damage. I only receive the "Extra Healing" that they provide apart from their base recovery percentages, but due to the fact that healing does damage, with a hugh potion I only receive 20 HP points.

Dont have much sense. If I cant heal some battles become impossible, my only option would be to level up until I become ridiculously strong so as not to be defeated. But I don't find it fun to do that ngl lol

Thanks for answer btw, I may be sinning from ignorance but I dont mean to, Im just getting frustrated.
Worst case scenario you might need to uninstall and reinstall the game-

Because while the person who replied before me wasn't wrong in what it looks like, you definitely don't have the status effect active, as it's impossible for those enemies to apply zombie to you. (It's an advanced status effect that you're not supposed to see until like half way through the game)

I would also like to see what your stats look like and what equipment you're using, as it almost looks like your characters might've somehow gotten a negative number for their incoming healing effect somehow.

DiiGesta

Jan 13, 2022
Worst case scenario you might need to uninstall and reinstall the game-

Because while the person who replied before me wasn't wrong in what it looks like, you definitely don't have the status effect active, as it's impossible for those enemies to apply zombie to you. (It's an advanced status effect that you're not supposed to see until like half way through the game)

I would also like to see what your stats look like and what equipment you're using, as it almost looks like your characters might've somehow gotten a negative number for their incoming healing effect somehow.
I honestly have no idea how this types of games are developed, I am not involved in that world, so no, as far as I know I have not done or modified anything.

So far I have started four new games and the same thing has happened in all runs, each one with a different difficulty in case the problem happened to depend on it. I dont know if the "Story Mode Only" difficulty should work exactly as described, but on that difficulty the battles dont work automatically either, or if they should be skipped automatically, the game doesn't and I have to play it manually. I have even reinstalled the game twice, but its always the same.

I have changed a parameter once, but it was from within the game itself, in the book that appears at the bottom left on the global map, I just enabled and then disabled the "instant movement", I know that the other options that influence in the story mode, scenes, etc, can cause some error in the game cause it warns you about that, but I havent touched any of that.

This is my equipment [ ] I havent received anything through cheats or weird benefits from the game [such as those that give you items when you start a new game after having completed it for the first time], just the normal things that everyone probably had in that stage.

The only thing I have done is install a patch to have the game in Spanish, well, I think better said it was the complete game but in Spanish, since its weight was more than half a Gigabyte. But as a comparison with the original game, that file was losing +100MB, so, I had a neuronal activation and decided to past all the files from that "patch" into the original game folder. The game had a save of a few minutes played that I ended up deleting, I suppose it was to test that the language was correct, would you suspect that this "patch" was the reason? I havent played the original version as such, only in Spanish.

Thx for the help btw, especially with the zombie effect icon. And sorry for all the text.

Mar 24, 2019
I honestly have no idea how this types of games are developed, I am not involved in that world, so no, as far as I know I have not done or modified anything.

So far I have started four new games and the same thing has happened in all runs, each one with a different difficulty in case the problem happened to depend on it. I dont know if the "Story Mode Only" difficulty should work exactly as described, but on that difficulty the battles dont work automatically either, or if they should be skipped automatically, the game doesn't and I have to play it manually. I have even reinstalled the game twice, but its always the same.

I have changed a parameter once, but it was from within the game itself, in the book that appears at the bottom left on the global map, I just enabled and then disabled the "instant movement", I know that the other options that influence in the story mode, scenes, etc, can cause some error in the game cause it warns you about that, but I havent touched any of that.

This is my equipment [ ] I havent received anything through cheats or weird benefits from the game [such as those that give you items when you start a new game after having completed it for the first time], just the normal things that everyone probably had in that stage.

The only thing I have done is install a patch to have the game in Spanish, well, I think better said it was the complete game but in Spanish, since its weight was more than half a Gigabyte. But as a comparison with the original game, that file was losing +100MB, so, I had a neuronal activation and decided to past all the files from that "patch" into the original game folder. The game had a save of a few minutes played that I ended up deleting, I suppose it was to test that the language was correct, would you suspect that this "patch" was the reason? I havent played the original version as such, only in Spanish.

Thx for the help btw, especially with the zombie effect icon. And sorry for all the text.
No problem.

If I were to guess, there's probably a bug in the Spanish translation you downloaded.

Such glitches can sometimes happen in the translation process for RPGMaker games (The engine the game is built with), the translator might have made an error.

Is English not your native language? ¿El inglés no es tu lengua materna?

I could test the patch myself if you're able to send where you got it from.

Reactions: Kisama33
Mar 24, 2019

En Espanol:

Ningún problema.

Si tuviera que adivinar, probablemente haya un error en la traducción al español que descargaste.

Estos fallos a veces pueden ocurrir en el proceso de traducción de juegos de RPGMaker (el motor con el que está construido el juego), es posible que el traductor haya cometido un error.

Podría probar el parche yo mismo si puedes enviarme el lugar de donde lo sacaste.

DiiGesta

Jan 13, 2022
No problem.

If I were to guess, there's probably a bug in the Spanish translation you downloaded.

Such glitches can sometimes happen in the translation process for RPGMaker games (The engine the game is built with), the translator might have made an error.

Is English not your native language? ¿El inglés no es tu lengua materna?

I could test the patch myself if you're able to send where you got it from.
This is the page that has the game in Spanish and the mediafire link is where I downloaded it from

And no, English isnt my native language, although there is a lot of vocabulary that I dont know, since I have never studied it, when reading it isnt difficult for me to understand the meaning of the sentence.
For e.g, reading you isnt a problem, but reading complete sets of several thousand words, books or games too, isnt comfortable, because more than likely I will get lost in the story by not fully understanding it.

I do need a translator to write tho lol

Ty for writing in Spanish, I appreciate it. But isnt necessary. Believe me, this time my brain is doing a good job. lol
You can write in the language you feel most comfortable with dw

Reactions: Ballistic 9029

Kisama33

May 13, 2018
Fr?

Well looks like I was wrong and it really is a bug, thankfully you are already being helped by someone that knows a lot about the game from what I notice so you are in good hands.

About the list of effects there is something like that in the game that you can check with Gaby in the first Hunter's Tavern if my memory is not failing me.

Reactions: DiiGesta
Mar 24, 2019
This is the page that has the game in Spanish and the mediafire link is where I downloaded it from

And no, English isnt my native language, although there is a lot of vocabulary that I dont know, since I have never studied it, when reading it isnt difficult for me to understand the meaning of the sentence.
For e.g, reading you isnt a problem, but reading complete sets of several thousand words, books or games too, isnt comfortable, because more than likely I will get lost in the story by not fully understanding it.

Ty for writing in Spanish, I appreciate it. But isnt necessary. Believe me, this time my brain is doing a good job. lol
I'll try to check it out and see if the bug is only happening on the translated version.

• Red Heart
Mar 24, 2019

Yeah...something is SEVERELY broken with the translation you're using, not only is healing not working like it should, trying to revive characters only revives them on 1HP, and then on TOP of that, enemies seem to do FAR more damage than they should-

I used one of the previously existing saves that came with the Spanish download you're using, and Mimi, who is supposed to be one of the easiest enemies in the game, one shot an entire party of level 22 characters, and barely took damage-

If I were to guess, the person or team that did the translation broke MULTIPLE game mechanics in the process, and have pretty much made the game into an ultra hard difficulty.

I wish I could help you in some way, but the official dev doesn't have a Spanish translation for their games, and the Spanish translator has said that it's a work in progress for them, and it's unlikely there are any alternatives-

However, I WOULD recommend telling the translator (politely) that they've broken the game a lot in the translation process, as they've been manually translating the game from what I can tell, describe to them what you've experienced, and hopefully they might patch the issues they created during translation, and will let you know when they've updated their Spanish version.

In fact, I'm going to try and leave them a comment so they know what exactly is going on, and maybe I can help them fix the bugs that they've added to the game. Since Twisted Scarlett's games are great, and I think they deserve to reach a wider audience, but I'm not a developer or translator myself, so the most I can do is tell the Spanish translators what has gone wrong between their version and the original.

I don't think this is an issue that'll be fixed immediately, unless the translators are quick to patch it, I don't know how hard it'd be for you to play the English version, but if you could, and wanted to immediately fix your issue, that would likely be your best bet.

I'm sorry for the bad news, and hope the translation works out in the end, or that you can find a decent way to enjoy the game.

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2019

I am still gonna look for alternative ways you might be able to play the game, as I do want to do everything I can to help you, just know that I may or may not be able to find something.

Mar 24, 2019

I DO have a potential solution for you though, which involves using automatic translation for the latest working version of the game with a program called MTool.

MTool is a multi-tool program that's built for translating and also cheating (if you wanted).

Don't be too overwhelmed, the translating process is VERY simple, and even free, though it may or may not be as accurate as the translation you were using before, and you'll need to use MTool to boot the game every time.

1. Download MG1K in this thread and extract the file to your location of choice (I'm assuming you use a Windows PC), it's the fully finished version.

2. Download MTool from here or here (I apologize that the tool itself only comes in Chinese and English, but you'll only need to navigate the English for a bit to get the game to work in Spanish)

3. Open the MTool file and start it with the "Use me to open the Tool.bat"

4. When you open MTool, it'll look something like this.
2024-06-17.png
You'll want to click on the tab in the top left (where blue-haired girl holding a sign is at)
image_2024-06-17_060948772.png
Once you get that open, you'll have a big section in the middle of the MTool screen that's asking you to either click and drag your Game exe into the MTool screen to start it with MTool, or click in the box to manually navigate to the game exe that way, either way, when you do, it'll automatically set itself up to work with that game (it might load for a bit)

But now you have access to all the functions of MTool, and more importantly, the translator.

image_2024-06-17_061855529.png
Once the tool starts, the game will be open, and in English, but you can click on the Translate tab in MTool (it might need to load the data from the game for a bit before it's ready), then change your source language to English (en-US), and your Target language to Spanish (Espanol), and click start translation (The MTool program might need to restart once so it gets all the files it needs, just open everything back up, and click start translation again)

And then once it's done it'll just have a little line of text displayed as "Status: Done", and it will immediately translate any text on screen into Spanish (It won't work on images but that shouldn't be a problem for this game).
image_2024-06-17_062433861.png
As you can see, it works. Also, Bing is your free translation option with MTool, so I don't know how reliable it is, but it's something. The developer of MTool also has paid options for translation on their patreon if you wanna go with that for a more reliable translation, this is something right now without spending ANY money though. (I don't support MTool on Patreon because I'm broke, and I don't need translation options very often)

I hope this can be your solution, and I can CONFIRM that regardless of the quality of translation, the game will 100% be playable this way, you'll just always have to either start the game with MTool through manually opening MTool, or through starting it with the "StartWithTool.bat" that it'll install in your game files.

Hope this is a good solution for you.

Mar 24, 2019

Also for future reference, MTool supports MOST visual novel game engines (Ren'Py, RPGMaker games, etc.), I don't know the full list, but it's A LOT. And in your case, this will even translate the descriptions of items and abilities because it actually automatically translates the game files too.

• Wow
Mar 24, 2019
Oh, and while I'm at it, I'll also mention that if anything looks off, like the text going off screen, you can turn down the font size so it fits into text boxes better. (In MTool, it's under the "Main" tab, beneath the anime girl icon, close to the bottom of the screen for MTool. Above a button that says "Force Kill Game". It'll appear as "FontSize: [0]" With [0] representing a box that you can set the value on.

Reactions: Kisama33

DiiGesta

Jan 13, 2022
Yeah...something is SEVERELY broken with the translation you're using, not only is healing not working like it should, trying to revive characters only revives them on 1HP, and then on TOP of that, enemies seem to do FAR more damage than they should-

I used one of the previously existing saves that came with the Spanish download you're using, and Mimi, who is supposed to be one of the easiest enemies in the game, one shot an entire party of level 22 characters, and barely took damage-

If I were to guess, the person or team that did the translation broke MULTIPLE game mechanics in the process, and have pretty much made the game into an ultra hard difficulty.

I wish I could help you in some way, but the official dev doesn't have a Spanish translation for their games, and the Spanish translator has said that it's a work in progress for them, and it's unlikely there are any alternatives-

However, I WOULD recommend telling the translator (politely) that they've broken the game a lot in the translation process, as they've been manually translating the game from what I can tell, describe to them what you've experienced, and hopefully they might patch the issues they created during translation, and will let you know when they've updated their Spanish version.

In fact, I'm going to try and leave them a comment so they know what exactly is going on, and maybe I can help them fix the bugs that they've added to the game. Since Twisted Scarlett's games are great, and I think they deserve to reach a wider audience, but I'm not a developer or translator myself, so the most I can do is tell the Spanish translators what has gone wrong between their version and the original.

I don't think this is an issue that'll be fixed immediately, unless the translators are quick to patch it, I don't know how hard it'd be for you to play the English version, but if you could, and wanted to immediately fix your issue, that would likely be your best bet.

I'm sorry for the bad news, and hope the translation works out in the end, or that you can find a decent way to enjoy the game.
I completely agree. I will also try to contact them to let them know. From what I could find out; From my total ignorance on this topic, by including these three .txt files from the patch to the original game
1718619710235.png
the game changes completely, each one of them changing, the healing [which doesnt work proprelly], the XP received and the enemies absurdly strong. I won't lie, I thought Mimi being so difficult to beat was part of the story for being the "first battle" of being part of the adventurers association, but it turned out that the game was simply broken. lol

And obviously I have no idea if knowing this is of any use, but I couldn't find any difference in the content between the .txt of the patch and the original, so I dont know why theres such a radical change in the game by including them.

But howherver, TYSM for taking the time to check it and respond. For the short time that I have played in recent weeks [especially because of the broken patch] this game seems to be very good, and it is the style that I like so I will definitely play it even if it is in English and it is very tedious for me to do xD

Reactions: Ballistic 9029
Mar 24, 2019
I completely agree. I will also try to contact them to let them know. From what I could find out; From my total ignorance on this topic, by including these three .txt files from the patch to the original game
View attachment 3743618
the game changes completely, each one of them changing, the healing [which doesnt work proprelly], the XP received and the enemies absurdly strong. I won't lie, I thought Mimi being so difficult to beat was part of the story for being the "first battle" of being part of the adventurers association, but it turned out that the game was simply broken. lol

And obviously I have no idea if knowing this is of any use, but I couldn't find any difference in the content between the .txt of the patch and the original, so I dont know why theres such a radical change in the game by including them.

But howherver, TYSM for taking the time to check it and respond. For the short time that I have played in recent weeks [especially because of the broken patch] this game seems to be very good, and it is the style that I like so I will definitely play it even if it is in English and it is very tedious for me to do xD
I recommend you look at the posts I sent regarding MTool, I showed step by step what you need to do to take the download on this page and translate it ALL to Spanish without breaking. I hope that helps. XD

Mar 24, 2019
View attachment 3743618

Also, it's easy, and doesn't require you to mess with ANY of the files.

Mar 24, 2019
View attachment 3743618

I DO have a potential solution for you though, which involves using automatic translation for the latest working version of the game with a program called MTool.

MTool is a multi-tool program that's built for translating and also cheating (if you wanted).

Don't be too overwhelmed, the translating process is VERY simple, and even free, though it may or may not be as accurate as the translation you were using before, and you'll need to use MTool to boot the game every time.

1. Download MG1K in this thread and extract the file to your location of choice (I'm assuming you use a Windows PC), it's the fully finished version.

2. Download MTool from here or here (I apologize that the tool itself only comes in Chinese and English, but you'll only need to navigate the English for a bit to get the game to work in Spanish)

3. Open the MTool file and start it with the "Use me to open the Tool.bat"

4. When you open MTool, it'll look something like this.
View attachment 3743592
You'll want to click on the tab in the top left (where blue-haired girl holding a sign is at)
View attachment 3743594
Once you get that open, you'll have a big section in the middle of the MTool screen that's asking you to either click and drag your Game exe into the MTool screen to start it with MTool, or click in the box to manually navigate to the game exe that way, either way, when you do, it'll automatically set itself up to work with that game (it might load for a bit)

But now you have access to all the functions of MTool, and more importantly, the translator.

View attachment 3743608
Once the tool starts, the game will be open, and in English, but you can click on the Translate tab in MTool (it might need to load the data from the game for a bit before it's ready), then change your source language to English (en-US), and your Target language to Spanish (Espanol), and click start translation (The MTool program might need to restart once so it gets all the files it needs, just open everything back up, and click start translation again)

And then once it's done it'll just have a little line of text displayed as "Status: Done", and it will immediately translate any text on screen into Spanish (It won't work on images but that shouldn't be a problem for this game).
View attachment 3743625
As you can see, it works. Also, Bing is your free translation option with MTool, so I don't know how reliable it is, but it's something. The developer of MTool also has paid options for translation on their patreon if you wanna go with that for a more reliable translation, this is something right now without spending ANY money though. (I don't support MTool on Patreon because I'm broke, and I don't need translation options very often)

I hope this can be your solution, and I can CONFIRM that regardless of the quality of translation, the game will 100% be playable this way, you'll just always have to either start the game with MTool through manually opening MTool, or through starting it with the "StartWithTool.bat" that it'll install in your game files.

Hope this is a good solution for you.
This is the post by the way-

4.50 star(s) 102 Votes