Luther Grady

Dec 5, 2020
Would someone do me a favor and list the scripted unwinnable fights for me? That way I can stop wasting resources on these fights and just lose to move the story along. If someone's already got this in the thread, please point me to it.

TwistedScarlett60

Will lewd cute girls for cash
Game Developer
Sep 13, 2019
Would someone do me a favor and list the scripted unwinnable fights for me? That way I can stop wasting resources on these fights and just lose to move the story along. If someone's already got this in the thread, please point me to it.
Only problem there is that every fight is winnable and if you beat them you get special rewards.

• Haha
Reactions: llat-2 and Kisama33
Mar 24, 2019
There's scripted losses in the story, yes, but every fight is "winnable" and if you beat particularly difficult fights even though it's not "cannon" you'll gain special rewards.

An example of some of those fights would be the first version of the final boss of the Misty Woods area (when your party fights them the FIRST time in that mission, not the second)

It's less of a scripted loss, more of a "you don't NEED to beat this if you don't want to", but you CAN and you WILL be rewarded for it.

There's not many though, I think there's one in Misty Woods, one in Magic Weavers (though in my first playthrough I didn't even realize it was "unbeatable" because I got first try), I can't remember if there's one in Little Shroom City or not, but I don't think so, one when you visit Calamity Overlook the first time (Which I believe is the only one that's not replayable), and there's one final one in the final main mission.

Keep in mind, they're not true scripted losses, they're more like optional super bosses, all of which are beatable, yes, even on your first attempt when you first encounter them.

If you're fine with missing out on rewards, then yeah, you can just lose, but you WILL miss out on those rewards and on alternative dialogue/scenes.

Rumple88

Jun 15, 2023
The ony one i could not beat at the story level was the pumpkin queen in Misty woods but thats due story wise. All other fights you could beat if you trained enough in my play through. Although i was also not able to deafeat Th`uban in Hayakawa at that time i first visited that place xD

Mar 24, 2019
The ony one i could not beat at the story level was the pumpkin queen in Misty woods but thats due story wise. All other fights you could beat if you trained enough in my play through. Although i was also not able to deafeat Th`uban in Hayakawa at that time i first visited that place xD
Actually you can even beat Pumpkin Queen first try, it just takes a very specific strategy to do so, of course, you can always do it later in the story and replay it, but it takes some of the main challenge away when you just over level for it and come back.

The early game strategy involves using the MC's counter ability, Bessie to lower her health SLIGHTLY (but not so much that she goes into rage) and then buffing and defending until you try to kill her with one attack from the MC. (or whoever does the most damage overall at that time)

Reactions: Rumple88

Rumple88

Jun 15, 2023
Actually you can even beat Pumpkin Queen first try, it just takes a very specific strategy to do so, of course, you can always do it later in the story and replay it, but it takes some of the main challenge away when you just over level for it and come back.

The early game strategy involves using the MC's counter ability, Bessie to lower her health SLIGHTLY (but not so much that she goes into rage) and then buffing and defending until you try to kill her with one attack from the MC. (or whoever does the most damage overall at that time)
Haha good thinking Ballistic, i did start a new play through yesterday and will test your strategy out :)

Mar 24, 2019
Haha good thinking Ballistic, i did start a new play through yesterday and will test your strategy out :)
I will say, it's kind of RNG, since you might need a high roll on your damage, and that's just the rough outlines-

I do have like a step by step guide from the game guide I was working on if you want that, includes all the armor and weapons that I at least used for it-

It's not a guaranteed win, but if you're doing it right with multiple attempts, you WILL get it.

Rumple88

Jun 15, 2023
I will say, it's kind of RNG, since you might need a high roll on your damage, and that's just the rough outlines-

I do have like a step by step guide from the game guide I was working on if you want that, includes all the armor and weapons that I at least used for it-

It's not a guaranteed win, but if you're doing it right with multiple attempts, you WILL get it.
Thanks mate, but i will try to do it on my own ^^ like the first time i played this great game i picked RPG Master mode and i managed to beat it 100% without cheats (although i had to grind at some parts xD ) but i always thoughed pumq was a guaranteed story based loss, but i will find a way to beat her now for sure ^^

Mar 24, 2019
Thanks mate, but i will try to do it on my own ^^ like the first time i played this great game i picked RPG Master mode and i managed to beat it 100% without cheats (although i had to grind at some parts xD ) but i always thoughed pumq was a guaranteed story based loss, but i will find a way to beat her now for sure ^^
Yeah, I was surprised to find out that ALL fights are beatable (even if you don't technically "win" in the story).

The challenges in this game are top tier for people that wanna actually strategize.

4.50 star(s) 102 Votes