Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
One other thing that might be nice is if the various talk options we have with various girls were displayed differently if we've already seen them in the current save, like greyed out or something. This should be simple to do as I believe they each give a one-time relationship boost so there must be a variable storing if we've talked about that. It would be nice because if we have several different saves with different builds a reminder of if this save was the one we talked about which subjects with which girls.

ThresholdMGD

Game Developer
Oct 31, 2017
when update?
When it's done.
Which is to say 'soon.'
Which is to say, I'm hopeful for sunday. But not set on it.

By all means I could put an update out now, but I want this section to be more done before I do that.

One other thing that might be nice is if the various talk options we have with various girls were displayed differently if we've already seen them in the current save, like greyed out or something. This should be simple to do as I believe they each give a one-time relationship boost so there must be a variable storing if we've talked about that. It would be nice because if we have several different saves with different builds a reminder of if this save was the one we talked about which subjects with which girls.
It sounds simple. But with how things are set up it'd actually be a lot of work. xD
At the very least I'd need to go into each menu to have something grey it or add a 'read' Icon to it out if the option has been hit.

and if I added that in, id probably also want to add in a system or alt options in that menu for choices so when a new dialogue pops up and is available or the talk changes it'd light up again.
It would be a mild rabbit hole.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
It sounds simple. But with how things are set up it'd actually be a lot of work. xD
At the very least I'd need to go into each menu to have something grey it or add a 'read' Icon to it out if the option has been hit.
Hmm, I figured that the json setup you've got going on rather than using plain renpy would make it easier, as rather than changing all the menus individually you'd just change the function that converts it.

sandsea_urchin

May 7, 2019
Hmm, I figured that the json setup you've got going on rather than using plain renpy would make it easier, as rather than changing all the menus individually you'd just change the function that converts it.
Well, that doesn't change the fact that a table/array would be required to save at least the booleans, and that this table would change every single time a line is added in the game - or worse, removed. I believe Renpy has a built-in 'skip read text' function, which might or might not be useful in the present case.
Rabbit hole, is a sugar chocolate-coated way to put it :sneaky:

I doubt this is really necessary; wouldn't a Diary of sort be better? As in, a book/menu when you can check your progress with each girl, in affection or % ? With battles/sex/etc. records for the RPG stats & numbers fetishists? Even this would be a late addition at this point, and would require a new game in any case.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Well, that doesn't change the fact that a table/array would be required to save at least the booleans, and that this table would change every single time a line is added in the game - or worse, removed. I believe Renpy has a built-in 'skip read text' function, which might or might not be useful in the present case.
Rabbit hole, is a sugar chocolate-coated way to put it :sneaky:
I mean, all these talk choices give +5 rep the first time you say them and don't on subsequent times. The data for if you've seen each one is already there, it's just a question of if it could be displayed to the player.
I doubt this is really necessary; wouldn't a Diary of sort be better? As in, a book/menu when you can check your progress with each girl, in affection or % ? With battles/sex/etc. records for the RPG stats & numbers fetishists? Even this would be a late addition at this point, and would require a new game in any case.
That would be nice too, but would be a more significant addition. It wouldn't necessarily need a new game though, as your save already contains information on what progress you've made with all the girls.

L30

Dec 20, 2017
Apologies for the lack of communication once again everyone, work is still exceedingly busy due to the pandemic unfortunately. Certainly doesn't help when record numbers of new cases in a single day are logged, but I digress.

Any completed save files would be much appreciated.
As others have stated, there is not really a gallery or the like to view scenes. A complete save would just skip all currently non-repeatable scenes such as Perpetua, the Black Knight, and certain one-off scenes like the special victory scene for headpatting Feng during the very first fight with her. A complete save could also potentially lock you in to relationships or routes that you may not like or enjoy for one reason or another, say if you do not want to be Sofia's sub/pet as an example.

I do have a cheat start save that does not have any stat points allocated so you can tailor your build to your preferences such as warrior, mage, and so on, it is level 110, and has 5 million Eros. The name is just a generic Hero, but you can change this using the console if you are not playing on Android. This on the wiki for MGD contains a brief but detailed walkthrough on how to enable the console and lists the various codes that can be used. If you would like to change the name from Hero to something else, after enabling the console and loading the save, just use:

Code:
player.name = "X"
Just replace the letter X with your name of choice but be certain that the quotation marks remain as this is a string and those are needed to make certain that the name change is registered properly. I'll attach the save to this post in the event you are interested.

Apologies that this is rather late compared to the day of your request, but I do hope that you find this helpful regardless, Another Story.

- Kaia

It is currently impossible, at least as far as I know, to enter a relationship with her without the encounter at the glory holes, using her spikes on yourself... ...I'm not the greatest fan of working at the brothel, for example. It would be really out of character for me my hero to work there... or use the spikes on himself. I grew quite fond of her, though. - Especially after seeing her romance route. So, here is my question. Do you think it should be possible to romance her by just spending enough time together? - (maybe having other events with her) - Or would you say it is fine as it is.

- Demon Layer

Now, here me out. How cool would it be if Demon Layer changed its physical form based on the players preferences the moment you obtain it from Lillian. Instead of a whip, which you can already get from Amber, it could change into a unique sword, spear, axe... you get the point. You wouldn't even have to scrap the original design either. Just write the whip-form to be Lillians own unique design of the -HOLY WEAPON-. Can you imagine the dialog options this realization could bring?
As for combat: There really isn't much you would have to change. Switch -lash out- for -strike-, if it took the form of a sword.
As for the enemy's reactions: The same. You can keep most, if not all of them. Think about it. Their reactions leave a lot of breathing room, - meaning it really wouldn't make a difference whether you have a whip or a sword in your hand.
All in all, making the Demon Layer a truly unique weapon would be a nice personal touch to both the weapon itself and the hero you play.
For the Manticore, working at the brothel nor shooting up Manticore Venom using her spikes is necessary to enter a relationship with her, they just make the process easier. To avoid having to meet her at the brothel and become addicted faster without needing to use the spikes, you'd need to increase how many times you visit her during the day, so you'd need to optimize your exploration and avoid resting during the day when possible so that you do not lose time that could go towards spending time with the Manticore and presenting opportunities for her to inject her venom herself instead. As for the Manticore accepting a relationship with you, I'll cover that in the following spoiler:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

So as you can see in the above spoiler, you can easily enter a relationship with the Manticore just by having her love you and having 150% or higher Virility and nothing else would be needed. Of course, raising her progress that high would likely involve either visiting her at the Inn's brothel, talking with her, and/or defeating her in combat and so on, so you'd have other point sources as well. Either way, visiting her at the gloryholes at the Inn is not necessary at all to enter a relationship with Kaia and can be passed over if such actions would be out of character for your player character.

Now as for the Demon Layer, that would not make any sense in this setting. Not trying to shoot the idea down or anything, but even Sofia states that Venereae's holy weapons are just essentially glorified sex toys. While more BDSM focused and it can have other applications, a whip can still be used in certain types of play and scenes. Something that is obviously an implement of war, like a sword, or would still be used for hunting or fishing, like a spear, is something a little too offensively focused. At best, if they were to take on a form like a more traditional weapon, they'd probably be like Amber's "dagger" in that case, in which her "dagger" is really just an oddly shaped set of anal beads.

Venereae is a Fertility Goddess, or put another way, she is a goddess of life and she cares for both humans and Monster Girls. The only beings so far to have anything to worry about with regards to real danger from Venereae's holy relics would be True Succubi as Lucille has stated that the Demon Layer would obliterate a True Succubus. Venereae herself, or whatever enchanted system is in place for the holy relics to judge the target, has apparently considered Sofia redeemed, so they are no longer lethal for her although the experience they provide her is still unpleasant rather than enjoyably pleasurable.

I do hope that you find this informative, Nevart.

Now for the update news, to start with the bad news, the update may not be ready today unfortunately. There is some unrevealed part of this update referred to as THE THING that appears to be taking more time than expected. But in a piece of interesting art news, it would appear that Melon a.k.a. has been commissioned to make the art for one of the Hellhounds of the Labyrinth. Their pixiv can be found . Watermelon/Elakan is decently active on MGD's discord and has shared links to delicious looking pieces on their Twitter such as , , and in the past, so I have no doubts about the quality of their art and look forward to whichever sister they will be drawing. So we have Ushris by ADOPOLICH, another sister by Elakan, and two other sisters with their artist yet to be announced.

So other than work on THE THING, there is a new scene that is about 2,200 words in length. It is apparently a somewhat odder scene that is not for everyone and is somewhat step related. So it sounds like this update will have something for feet aficionados or at least some type of niche content that could appeal to some fans of feet and stepping related content. There's another roughly 800 word long world building scene related to Venefica and about the past, and it also appears like it may foreshadow some things. For the remaining minimum content for this update, Threshold wants to write at least two more lewd scenes, THE THING, and reporting back to Elly.

The groundwork for THE THING has been set at the very least and there has likely been more work towards its completion. In addition to this, the navigation system and Venefica's movement system was tested to make certain it works. Good news is that it does, but Venefica may not necessarily move around often enough, so it is possible her movement AI may be tweaked to make her roam more often either in this build or a future build as she may be too easy to avoid at the moment. As a final addition, there was apparently some other things that were addressed that modders may appreciate, but those are not being revealed as they are also related to THE THING and could spoil the surprise.

Time permitting, I'll try to update more frequently as I have in the past, especially with regards to the release date for the update since it does appear that there is a chance the update will not be ready by the end of today.

I do hope that everyone interested in this update news finds this at least a little useful.

RodolFaso

Aug 4, 2017
Apologies for the lack of communication once again everyone, work is still exceedingly busy due to the pandemic unfortunately. Certainly doesn't help when record numbers of new cases in a single day are logged, but I digress.

As others have stated, there is not really a gallery or the like to view scenes. A complete save would just skip all currently non-repeatable scenes such as Perpetua, the Black Knight, and certain one-off scenes like the special victory scene for headpatting Feng during the very first fight with her. A complete save could also potentially lock you in to relationships or routes that you may not like or enjoy for one reason or another, say if you do not want to be Sofia's sub/pet as an example.

I do have a cheat start save that does not have any stat points allocated so you can tailor your build to your preferences such as warrior, mage, and so on, it is level 110, and has 5 million Eros. The name is just a generic Hero, but you can change this using the console if you are not playing on Android. This on the wiki for MGD contains a brief but detailed walkthrough on how to enable the console and lists the various codes that can be used. If you would like to change the name from Hero to something else, after enabling the console and loading the save, just use:

Code:
player.name = "X"
Just replace the letter X with your name of choice but be certain that the quotation marks remain as this is a string and those are needed to make certain that the name change is registered properly. I'll attach the save to this post in the event you are interested.

Apologies that this is rather late compared to the day of your request, but I do hope that you find this helpful regardless, Another Story.

For the Manticore, working at the brothel nor shooting up Manticore Venom using her spikes is necessary to enter a relationship with her, they just make the process easier. To avoid having to meet her at the brothel and become addicted faster without needing to use the spikes, you'd need to increase how many times you visit her during the day, so you'd need to optimize your exploration and avoid resting during the day when possible so that you do not lose time that could go towards spending time with the Manticore and presenting opportunities for her to inject her venom herself instead. As for the Manticore accepting a relationship with you, I'll cover that in the following spoiler:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

So as you can see in the above spoiler, you can easily enter a relationship with the Manticore just by having her love you and having 150% or higher Virility and nothing else would be needed. Of course, raising her progress that high would likely involve either visiting her at the Inn's brothel, talking with her, and/or defeating her in combat and so on, so you'd have other point sources as well. Either way, visiting her at the gloryholes at the Inn is not necessary at all to enter a relationship with Kaia and can be passed over if such actions would be out of character for your player character.

Now as for the Demon Layer, that would not make any sense in this setting. Not trying to shoot the idea down or anything, but even Sofia states that Venereae's holy weapons are just essentially glorified sex toys. While more BDSM focused and it can have other applications, a whip can still be used in certain types of play and scenes. Something that is obviously an implement of war, like a sword, or would still be used for hunting or fishing, like a spear, is something a little too offensively focused. At best, if they were to take on a form like a more traditional weapon, they'd probably be like Amber's "dagger" in that case, in which her "dagger" is really just an oddly shaped set of anal beads.

Venereae is a Fertility Goddess, or put another way, she is a goddess of life and she cares for both humans and Monster Girls. The only beings so far to have anything to worry about with regards to real danger from Venereae's holy relics would be True Succubi as Lucille has stated that the Demon Layer would obliterate a True Succubus. Venereae herself, or whatever enchanted system is in place for the holy relics to judge the target, has apparently considered Sofia redeemed, so they are no longer lethal for her although the experience they provide her is still unpleasant rather than enjoyably pleasurable.

I do hope that you find this informative, Nevart.

Now for the update news, to start with the bad news, the update may not be ready today unfortunately. There is some unrevealed part of this update referred to as THE THING that appears to be taking more time than expected. But in a piece of interesting art news, it would appear that Melon a.k.a. has been commissioned to make the art for one of the Hellhounds of the Labyrinth. Their pixiv can be found . Watermelon/Elakan is decently active on MGD's discord and has shared links to delicious looking pieces on their Twitter such as , , and in the past, so I have no doubts about the quality of their art and look forward to whichever sister they will be drawing. So we have Ushris by ADOPOLICH, another sister by Elakan, and two other sisters with their artist yet to be announced.

So other than work on THE THING, there is a new scene that is about 2,200 words in length. It is apparently a somewhat odder scene that is not for everyone and is somewhat step related. So it sounds like this update will have something for feet aficionados or at least some type of niche content that could appeal to some fans of feet and stepping related content. There's another roughly 800 word long world building scene related to Venefica and about the past, and it also appears like it may foreshadow some things. For the remaining minimum content for this update, Threshold wants to write at least two more lewd scenes, THE THING, and reporting back to Elly.

The groundwork for THE THING has been set at the very least and there has likely been more work towards its completion. In addition to this, the navigation system and Venefica's movement system was tested to make certain it works. Good news is that it does, but Venefica may not necessarily move around often enough, so it is possible her movement AI may be tweaked to make her roam more often either in this build or a future build as she may be too easy to avoid at the moment. As a final addition, there was apparently some other things that were addressed that modders may appreciate, but those are not being revealed as they are also related to THE THING and could spoil the surprise.

Time permitting, I'll try to update more frequently as I have in the past, especially with regards to the release date for the update since it does appear that there is a chance the update will not be ready by the end of today.

I do hope that everyone interested in this update news finds this at least a little useful.
Thank you very much and do not worry about the frequency of your updates, each one has their responsibilities to attend to so there is no problem.
The next update looks very promising, I am quite impressed with the great content it looks like it will have. I don't want a lot of spoilers about the surprise character, but by naming her that way, it makes me wonder if she was related to the Fantastic Four or to the space creature from John Carpenter's movie xD

Last edited:
Reactions: L30

Lazyrick

Jan 10, 2018
...I seem to have completely misunderstood the wiki in regards to the Manticore then. Sorry, I should've made sure I had everything right before posting.

While thinking about the Demon Layer, and possible alterations, swords... were the first things that came to mind... and I got stuck with that idea. I don't want to sugarcoat it. I had tunnel vision. Like L30 said, for it to make even remotely sense, Demon Layer would have to be a sex toy/sex toy 'variations' like Amber's dagger. Of course, to implement a change like that would mean far more work than I hinted at in my first post.
So once again: I'm sorry for proposing such a flawed idea. Won't happen again.
I just got another ide-

Thank you for the incredibly detailed answer L30. I really appreciate it.
Hey, no one's gonna judge you for wanting a shapeshifting weapon. This is a place where we've had friendly debates over the worldwide ramifications of the existence of an apathetic war veteran with a body count greater than several cities and power comparable to an intelligent, and potentially murderhungry, nuclear warhead (that grows with the kill count). suggesting a feature you think is cool is in no way frowned upon. even if you may think an idea 'flawed', who's to say that it doesn't just need some polishing to become great. I mean, with how mod friendly Thresh has made the game, the hardiest part of adding a 'weapon' that switches between various forms (i.e. vibe, dildo, anal beads etc.) would probably be adding in characters' reactions to each form.

Kiony

Apr 11, 2018
hello i played this game a long time ago and i though there were a skill who allowed to remove cloth from enemy i would be gratefull if someone can enlighten my question.

Volta

Apr 27, 2017
hello i played this game a long time ago and i though there were a skill who allowed to remove cloth from enemy i would be gratefull if someone can enlighten my question.
There isn't a specific skill, rather in some scenes a character will remove their clothes automatically, the manticore is a good example as is Mika, both of them have overlays in their image files for clothes, these overlays are removed if the scene requires it.

So no, there isn't a strip skill just some scenes where the girl loses her clothes, not all of the girls currently have full nude art i wonder if that will change in the future.

L30

Dec 20, 2017
Thank you very much and do not worry about the frequency of your updates, each one has their responsibilities to attend to so there is no problem.
The next update looks very promising, I am quite impressed with the great content it looks like it will have. I don't want a lot of spoilers about the surprise character, but by naming her that way, it makes me wonder if she was related to the Fantastic Four or to the space creature from John Carpenter's movie xD
You're welcome. As for THE THING, it may not necessarily be a new character. We do know that THE THING is Venefica related, but we don't know whether it is some special event for Venefica, some encounter with an existing character at Venefica's place, or if it is an actual new character. Whatever THE THING is, it does appear to have a rather complex scene or event.

This is not much, but I did want to clarify that it may not be a new character and that you find this informative as well, RodolFaso.

...I seem to have completely misunderstood the wiki in regards to the Manticore then. Sorry, I should've made sure I had everything right before posting.

While thinking about the Demon Layer, and possible alterations, swords... were the first things that came to mind... and I got stuck with that idea. I don't want to sugarcoat it. I had tunnel vision. Like L30 said, for it to make even remotely sense, Demon Layer would have to be a sex toy/sex toy 'variations' like Amber's dagger. Of course, to implement a change like that would mean far more work than I hinted at in my first post.
So once again: I'm sorry for proposing such a flawed idea. Won't happen again.
I just got another ide-

Thank you for the incredibly detailed answer L30. I really appreciate it.
No worries, better to vocalize and have any misunderstandings cleared up rather than keep quiet and continue to believe a misconception.

Then as Lazyrick said, no judgement here and wanting a shapeshifting weapon is more than fine. It certainly has potential for a mod in any case. It's a fine idea, it just needed a little tweaking in order to adapt it to this setting considering violence is prohibited by and large on the continent of Lucidia. As an example for Demon Layer - Transmogrification Edition, you could make the classic whip variant into a hybrid Holy-Pain move with a stun chance, Demon Layer - "Dagger" into a set of anal beads much like Amber's set and make it into a hybrid Holy-Ass type attack and possibly add bonus damage when used on sleeping or stunned enemies, Demon Layer - "Spear/Lance" into a mechanized shaft with a dildo on the end and capable of rapid thrust due to the motorized stock making it into a Holy-Sex ability similar to Multi Thrust giving it three attacks and thus three chances to hit and crit individually, and finally Demon Layer - "Sword" into an oddly shaped and possibly oversized vibrator that inflict pure Holy damage through the vibrations on any point of the body making it an all-rounder weapon that would only be disadvantageous against the rare enemy that is able to resist Holy damage.

So there's nothing wrong with having an idea, and sharing said idea could help reveal any problematic elements to said idea, such as the original incarnation of your shapeshifting weapon that used actual weapons.

So sharing ideas is fine, and turning those dreams into reality by creating a mod that would support them if the game does not is encouraged, Nevart.

Thanks for that, a good laugh certainly helps out in times like these. So thank you very much once again, sandsea_urchin.

Oh I didn't know there was a thread for the game here. Just wanted to say, one of the best games I've played in a while, even including non h-games
Yes, the thread for this game has been here for years now. Updates to the game are shared here once Threshold finishes uploading them and updates the thread. Update news for the title is also regularly shared, so if you are not in MGD's or do not want to hunt down all the news yourself in the channels on Discord, this thread could be an acceptable source of information.

While this is not much, I do hope that you find this at least a little helpful, Hhhhhhshshsnz.

Now as for update news, the update may be ready for release tonight but will be certainly be released by tomorrow night at the latest as that will have been 30 days since the last update and Threshold does not want to go beyond that, barring some unfortunate event happening.

As for progress on this update, THE THING is now technically complete. It still needs a lewd scene and for it to be tested to ensure that it works properly, but it is finally finished. As for other content for this update, there are 1 to 3 more erotic scenes in addition to the lurid scene for THE THING that need to be penned and implemented. Time permitting, reporting back to Elly for this leg of the investigation needs to be written and implemented as well, but that may be pushed back to the following update. Also, the new Mountains Background should be implemented and included in this update.

As for a mild change of plans, finishing Venefica is now on the docket for this month with the Labyrinth being moved back to the Christmas update at the earliest. If it appears that the Labyrinth will not be ready in time for December's update, then there will be some sort of small clean-up release, scattershot update covering miscellaneous additions to preempt and support the Labyrinth, or some other smaller release of that nature to help tide things over until the Labyrinth is ready for release.

I do hope that everyone interested in this information finds this at least a little useful.

Last edited:

Anarchistic

Apr 30, 2018
I'm honestly always hyped for any update to this game as it's a huge favorite of mine. I can usually find one thing every update to really dive into and explore so I'm sure this one will tickle my fancy as well. Will 100% check back tonight and tomorrow night for it and keep my eye out.

Thank you for the constant community updates here L30. We really all appreciate it.

Also, if Threshold doesn't scream "Unleash . . . THE THING!"in the most menacing voice they can when they update the thread, I will be greatly disappointed in the missed opportunity.

Kaftein

Nov 22, 2019
Found a bug, ThresholdMGD . When I moved to leave Bon Bon Bun after finishing an extended shift (and exploring pretty much everything in the place, minus capture scenes), the same actions as would appear in the labyrinth section popped up.

Basically:

1. I finish exploring BBB labyrinth and nabbed all the goods I could get.
2. I complete the job session.
3. I move to exit BBB and return to town. However, this brings up action choices like during the labyrinth exploration.

I did a few more test runs, went along with the cycle to see if anything changed, bought a Mint Chip to try and shake things up--no dice, still shows me labyrinth options when I try to leave.
Edit: Specifically, the options for her bedroom.

4.60 star(s) 83 Votes