HumanRug

Nov 11, 2020
an unstable and potentially violent religious extremist
Hmm, I should really pay more heed to the NPC's backstories. I don't remember her (or anyone else, like Vivian) telling us that, but it's also true I don't read through all the scenes of a character I'm not too interested in.

Aylia

Oct 18, 2021
Allow me to share my theory as well.

I believe the demon queen wants to completely fix the relationship between humans and monsters and the goddess is just sending the PC as a precarious move in case the demon queen motive is nefarious.

If you speak with Elly at the guild she explains more about the enchantment how it works and his effects on the island. The enchantment bends the reality of the terrain giving it a dream like state (since the name of the game) one off this proprieties is making humans that hate monsters and monsters that want to enslave humans to find no one during your trips. Making like this only the ones that can have a (somehow) positive interaction can meet. Another thing is the way how the monsters police themselfs (seem by the succubus trio freaking out when they think Catherine have killed you), and how there is a push to rehab monsters that have committed grave crimes against humanity like Sofia and Kotone.

By the goddess side, if you speak with the angel in the church she explains how the war was. She explains how a demon queen gain in power and struck down the goddess making her to weak to intervene and cut the communication with her angels when her send then to help humanity. After she guided the first hero to defeat the demon queen and banish the monsters to the island, others demons queens tried to start another war which are frustrated by the goddess with the help of a hero. So i think the goddess is seeing the current demon queen gaining a lot of power and is preparing the PC to deal with her if is necessary. But even the angel thinks that the current demon queen does not have any nefarious reasons so that is why i believe that the goddess is just playing safe.

And about Vivian i think she is working with the demon queen by playing match maker with the adventures with the monsters. She tried to make you work at the brothel, and then tried to hook you up with Nicci and then with Nara and the succubus trio. Maybe by making the monsters and the humans date and marry each other will create true peace among the species and it will stop the violence from the adventures side to the monsters.

And that is my theory, a erogame theory thanks for reading :)

Quintilus

Engaged Member
Aug 8, 2020
one off this proprieties is making humans that hate monsters and monsters that want to enslave humans to find no one during your trips
Is it?! That would make traveling directly to the queen castle an eazy peazy saturday sunday walk i.e. bloodthir...paladins would flood monsters capital in seconds and will finish war in zerg rush manner.

Aylia

Oct 18, 2021
Is it?! That would make traveling directly to the queen castle an eazy peazy saturday sunday walk i.e. bloodthir...paladins would flood monsters capital in seconds and will finish war in zerg rush manner.
If i understand correctly, if a bunch of paladins goes to the capital to kill all the monsters they will find a empty city, and since the enchantment nullifies violent acts they will not be able to hurt anyone even if they find someone.

I believe the bosses may be a exception but imagine a poor bastard that just came out of the boat and goes right into Sofia.

anon8881888

Jan 19, 2021
Hmm, I should really pay more heed to the NPC's backstories. I don't remember her (or anyone else, like Vivian) telling us that, but it's also true I don't read through all the scenes of a character I'm not too interested in.
Afaik she's more Aqua like lol (she's gonna exorcise a lich for you)

Mustang Flex

Oct 24, 2017
You won't find refferences to this in game, because it's not backstory stuff(except for one scene, but I'll let you find that one) . Basically, in earlier versions of the game, Lilian's writing was...different. She was still energetic and bubbly, but her purity and chasteness bordered on deranged. All sorts of things were just slightly off, like the statue she mentions having carved herself was described in those versions as a regular one of the goddess that she defaced to have more modest proportions. Stuff like that.

Thresh apparently didn't want what we were reading into the character being the truth, so she was changed. I still liked that version more, mostly for the implications of why everyone's going along with her delusions. Nowadays, it seems like everyone is just toning down the lewdness when she's around just because she's an innocent lil cinnamon roll. But before, I liked to think they did it out of fear that she'd go full on zealot if she learned that the people around her did the sex.

HumanRug

Nov 11, 2020
Basically, in earlier versions of the game, Lilian's writing was...different.
Ah, I'm not sure, but I recall started playing since version 21 or so. Can't remember exactly, but I began playing at around my join date here, that's probably why I didn't know.

Quintilus

Engaged Member
Aug 8, 2020
If i understand correctly, if a bunch of paladins goes to the capital to kill all the monsters they will find a empty city, and since the enchantment nullifies violent acts they will not be able to hurt anyone even if they find someone.

I believe the bosses may be a exception but imagine a poor bastard that just came out of the boat and goes right into Sofia.
Its possible to bypass it, enchantment, by a very powerful action. Like if that group of paladins would commit group mastur....smite it will break through enchantment.

And also, unique lizard in forest, on first encounter, literally tried to cut you, player, in half with a big fucking sword (BFS).
This....does not matches well with "humans that hate monsters and monsters that want to enslave humans to find no one during your trips". Yes her point was not enslavement, but not a tea party with cakes ether.
I mean, this part of lore is not fleshed out to have any sensible arguments.

Elsiss Surana

Jan 15, 2019
Doesn't she specify that the reason she tries to kill you is because she wants a badass warrior husband?
On that note, we still haven't gotten the ability to wife up the lizard girl. Very disappointed. I think she's been around for over two years now. I was kinda hoping the story would have continued by now. That lizzy girl is hot for breeding.

4.60 star(s) 82 Votes