Quintilus

Engaged Member
Aug 8, 2020
first both are friendly monster so one won't eat or kill the other
Harpy did not know that at this point. Plus, there are a lot of not very nice monster girls, which is a common knowledge in game universe.
Imagine you was captured(!) by someone in ominous looking armor. I doubt you first thought would be "its a nice guy, no doubt, that just need friend".

second she is a harpy they have a bird brain and can forget things really fast like when she forget about the enchantment around the island that's when we going to
It would be "HAHA FUNNY, GOT THE JOKE" if this was at least a little bit developed character. It literally first time this character are introduced into the story. In addition to that, other harpies was not presented as having wind in their heads. Nor with in battle quotes nor with encyclopedia description.
And also, know such word as a "panic"? I mean, she literally was in the hands...tail of a dragon (scary), with broken wing (its quite painful), for a quite some time (stress) and the first minute she get out of it, you want her to beat Kasparov in chess in six moves? Really?! Maybe highly trained soldier, that went through hell and than come back, will be able to do so, but not delivery girl.

third topic why she will keep the fear when she know that she is safe and would love exchange some healing crystals
That should have just break the ice between them, but it turned it to beach of a tropical island. She still captured her, after all.

summing up: there is no "alternative path" and that's path is pretty logical is not like they hate each other to begin with.
By alternative path I meant choice where you pick sprayer with water and tell to Jora "no, bad dragon, bad, no hurting captured innocent civilians, thats not how you make friends". She becomes very sad from that and goes to her cave.
BUT, harpy then tells you that she actually hurt her wing by the wind (gusting wind throw her onto the rock). You then tries to cheer Jora up but she permanently removed herself from game by digging tunnel straight to the Australia (c ya m8).
That why its logical, because it builds atop of already known information about character.

And this "but" is an important piece of information, that are not presented in other path choice. Without it it looks very strange.
Its implies that Jora capture her, then broke her wing and then release her and then fix her wing. Eh???????? Why she should be overly excited after all that?
In other words, if there would be line like "OMG, I thought Im a dead meat because wind broke my wing and then I got captured by a dragon. Good thing its turned out that this dragon actually a nice gal that, non intentionally, protected me from dangers of a mountains and healed my wing." Id just raise my eyebrows slightly and thats would be it. Like "oh, she thought that she fucked, but it turned to be good situation, totally related, yeeeeeeeeeeee".
But without such line I should pull my eyebrows from the back of my head back to face with hands, to recover from such plot twist. Line of character here are twisted into a spiral.

• Angry
Reactions: Master of Puppets

IFortheGloryn

Feb 2, 2020
That should have just break the ice between them, but it turned it to beach of a tropical island. She still captured her, after all.
if you talk with the manticore(name's kara I think)she will tell you that harpy tend to become very friendly too easy,(sometimes too friendly) like what happens to jora when the harpy just jump on her face and decided that she is a friend now.
It would be "HAHA FUNNY, GOT THE JOKE" if this was at least a little bit developed character. It literally first time this character are introduced into the story. In addition to that, other harpies was not presented as having wind in their heads. Nor with in battle quotes nor with encyclopedia description.
actually there is some information about that, try to lose for a harpy and see the defeat scene she will forget about her succubus nature and fuck the MC trying to make his dick "relax" until the moment that she remember that thanks to her body's nature this wont happens but the MC already are squezed dry and that's quite funny :LOL: .
Imagine you was captured(!) by someone in ominous looking armor. I doubt you first thought would be "its a nice guy, no doubt, that just need friend".
No, my first thought will be "why use such ominous armor. this guy are trying to compensate something?":unsure:(never lose a joke) and second "not panic or this will only get worst" and finally I will try to think how escape and maybe fail.

and finally I have to ask you why we are having such a conversation about "logical" in a game where you fight with a dick and dildos and win when your opponent reach a orgasm?:D, in the end it doesn't matter let's just play the game and enjoy the history or maybe not this is up to you have fun or not,have a good night.

Azure Sun

Apr 15, 2021
I can't tell if you two are exchanging fisticuffs or having fun. Anyways, IFortheGloryn, back to your corner; Quintilus, you're up.

Reactions: Nevart

Quintilus

Engaged Member
Aug 8, 2020
if you talk with the manticore(name's kara I think)she will tell you that harpy tend to become very friendly too easy,(sometimes too friendly) like what happens to jora when the harpy just jump on her face and decided that she is a friend now.
Checked whole definition of a manticore, Kara and all related scenes in game files. The only related things about harpies is (game folder\game\Json\Events\Mountain\SleepingManticore.json, line 1280 and on)

"I have a place higher up on the mountain where I'm currently living, I'm uh, renting it from harpies actually.",
"I also have a friend who lives around here, the mountains I mean, she helped me get the place from the harpies, otherwise they probably would have all just flown away in a panic when they saw me...",
But now I can barely get them to leave me alone when they see me... They are too fucking friendly sometimes...",

So no, she didnt said "harpy tend to become very friendly too easy". And she became friends with them by

"You know, there was this one time I accidentally got my aphrodisiac venom into some of the harpy village's food supply, my tail brushed into it with a bunch of spikes, so uh, apparently like, a quarter of the village fucked like bunny girls for a night, and next time I came into town they {i}paid me{/i} for it instead of being pissed about it.",

which is "ehhhh...okay".

and finally I have to ask you why we are having such a conversation about "logical" in a game where you fight with a dick and dildos and win when your opponent reach a orgasm?:D, in the end it doesn't matter let's just play the game and enjoy the history or maybe not this is up to you have fun or not,have a good night.
Because its a game that moved forward by its characters. Even if its "background character number 584". Its a visual novel after all, characters are most important aspect of it. And if character do something unexpected, that does not got explained in future, disbelief (to the story) created by it ruin immersion.
As I said before, important piece of information, that required to understand character behavior, are omitted, which creates this disbelief. I find it only because I played enough of LucasArt games to know that its really important to save you game in a new slot before each dialogue choice.

IFortheGloryn

Feb 2, 2020
I can't tell if you two are exchanging fisticuffs or having fun. Anyways, IFortheGloryn, back to your corner; Quintilus, you're up.
well even I can't tell...whatever...this conversation already taked long enough.
Checked whole definition of a manticore, Kara and all related scenes in game files. The only related things about harpies is (game folder\game\Json\Events\Mountain\SleepingManticore.json, line 1280 and on)

"I have a place higher up on the mountain where I'm currently living, I'm uh, renting it from harpies actually.",
"I also have a friend who lives around here, the mountains I mean, she helped me get the place from the harpies, otherwise they probably would have all just flown away in a panic when they saw me...",
But now I can barely get them to leave me alone when they see me... They are too fucking friendly sometimes...",

So no, she didnt said "harpy tend to become very friendly too easy". And she became friends with them by

"You know, there was this one time I accidentally got my aphrodisiac venom into some of the harpy village's food supply, my tail brushed into it with a bunch of spikes, so uh, apparently like, a quarter of the village fucked like bunny girls for a night, and next time I came into town they {i}paid me{/i} for it instead of being pissed about it.",

which is "ehhhh...okay".

Because its a game that moved forward by its characters. Even if its "background character number 584". Its a visual novel after all, characters are most important aspect of it. And if character do something unexpected, that does not got explained in future, disbelief (to the story) created by it ruin immersion.
As I said before, important piece of information, that required to understand character behavior, are omitted, which creates this disbelief. I find it only because I played enough of LucasArt games to know that its really important to save you game in a new slot before each dialogue choice.
As I said is up to you decide to have fun or not.

All I can tell is people who let Jora with a heartbroken are the worst in my opnion.

Justsomeone99

Jun 11, 2018
I've come back to this game since quite a bit, did this have a cheat sheet? I actually don't remember but i think it did, like cheat codes and stuff like that

And also, are the mods compatible with this version of the game? I think I'll check some tutorial to see how to put mods, don't wanna bother you guys too much

HumanRug

Nov 11, 2020
That's fancy as hell but even by the standards of revolver bayonets it looks bad, doesn't look like the gun part would work at all with that on there.
If you look closely, it seems like the bayonet is moved enough to the right side of the barrel (looking at it from behind, where you take your aim), so the bullets can be shot without any problem. The bad part comes at reloading, in which that kind of revolver is a pain in the ass to reload, and even more if you have to pull the bayonet out in order to do it, then putting it in again when finished reloading.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
If you look closely, it seems like the bayonet is moved enough to the right side of the barrel (looking at it from behind, where you take your aim), so the bullets can be shot without any problem. The bad part comes at reloading, in which that kind of revolver is a pain in the ass to reload, and even more if you have to pull the bayonet out in order to do it, then putting it in again when finished reloading.
Hmm it could be behind, it's hard to tell from the picture. Still though when working the loading lever your hands would be right by the blade, and having to remove it to reload would be a real pain.

Reactions: HumanRug

MadFoole

Feb 8, 2020
I've come back to this game since quite a bit, did this have a cheat sheet? I actually don't remember but i think it did, like cheat codes and stuff like that

And also, are the mods compatible with this version of the game? I think I'll check some tutorial to see how to put mods, don't wanna bother you guys too much
It's got console commands to alter your stats, *or* there's a simple mod titled "Dirty Cheats Done For Free" that when applied, can get you a fat stack of eros, an equippable item that super-buffs your character, and unlocks a Forest event that gives you maximal XP gains for minimal combat.

There is a good wiki, found It even has a section listing current compatible mods and giving instructions for installation.

4.60 star(s) 83 Votes