decker2

Jul 6, 2017
My apologize if I was not clear enough, but by "illustrations" I meant pictures illustrating sex scene like Aiko's kimono scene.

But yeah, it's a good idea to advice me to go into the files folder to look how it's organized.

I'm too lazy to try to build my own mod, but I have no problem with commissioning artist for NSFW art.

Since I like MGD characters andc onsidering Threshold will never get an illustration for each sex scene in the game I would not mind trying to get more illustrations by myself.

I need to try to get in contact with Adopolich.
so you want to commission an artist to get more cgs in this game?
i guess you could make a fan mode game with your artist cgs...

in terms of implementation, i tried to get these cgs in the game:

but i've already given up. it's not worth the effort...

the best help you can get here is from sandsea_urchin
although his answers will only make you ask more questions:cautious:

and you definitely need one of these:
also the game only works with png.

the rest will just tell you to learn to code and how easy it is:rolleyes:
like i said not worth the effort:p

Reactions: sandsea_urchin

IFortheGloryn

Feb 2, 2020
I always told myself that I would like to create a mod for this game.

Then I remember i'm a professional procrastrinator.

However, I have just a little question for modder : is it either hard or time-consuming to add illustrations for sex scenes that doesn't already has one ?
well I think that what you trying to do isn't really hard but I won't say that is something easy, once you learn how to put the first image you can use this knowledge to put the rest of your ilustration but of course you will need some basic knowledge about programing with ren'py, python and maybe a little about json so you will need to consume a lot of time and money with the artist, I recommend you to try create this game mod for fun(I mean if you have fun doing something you won't procastin it) or you can try just to get some experience but I have to warning you again this will take a lot of time.

by the way I am not a modder so I never try to create mod for this game I am just using some past experience with programming to say that.

Gwedelino

Game Developer
Sep 4, 2017
well I think that what you trying to do isn't really hard but I won't say that is something easy, once you learn how to put the first image you can use this knowledge to put the rest of your ilustration but of course you will need some basic knowledge about programing with ren'py, python and maybe a little about json so you will need to consume a lot of time and money with the artist, I recommend you to try create this game mod for fun(I mean if you have fun doing something you won't procastin it) or you can try just to get some experience but I have to warning you again this will take a lot of time.

by the way I am not a modder so I never try to create mod for this game I am just using some past experience with programming to say that.
Knowing myself it's definitly not worth to try then. :LOL:

sandsea_urchin

May 7, 2019
the best help you can get [edit::cry:. Yes it's not my first smiley hack :p]
Ah ah, I show my S side during handholding scenes :devilish: I try with headpatting but I fail so often...
When one gives a fish, I'm pretty sure no one but the recipient will gain anything. When one tries and leave fishing tips, the recipient or any onlooking passerby might graduate from the peanut gallery and be sharing fishes for others someday. Often proven wrong, but I so love to see examples when that happens :love: I must suck at teaching, is all. Makes me sad :cry: No hard feelings either way.

The more time he spends on here responding to complaints, the less time he has to write new sex scenes and build his Labyrinth...
Wise words. I hope Discord users will read and understand them properly as well.

Last edited:

BlackOne 34

Sep 17, 2017
I'm fine with waiting as long as it needs to be for Threshold to release the new update. So far from what I see it looks cool and even if it doesn't lead up to the hype it will still be good content. I just hope the amount of time this update is taking will mean there should be practically no bugfixes (although I am sure there will be some).
Do you know where to find the snake hair woman of the picture in your post?

RajunCajun

Mar 27, 2018
I'm a bit puzzled by this one. I heard it was text based but that does not really seem to be the case at all from screenshots I've seen. When I think text based I think like those really old early PC dungeon crawler RPG's from the 70's where it's literally all just a text parser describing what's happening in the game with maybe some ASCII art here and there, but I guess some people interpret that designation as largely text based in terms of combat even though there's clearly graphics for the monster girls and a BF GUI for keeping track of stats and what not. The user above me has some foot fetish looking stuff with the Monster Girl Dreams label for example. Also it's in alpha apparently but how much content is there exactly? Are we talking a couple of hours or something a bit more expanded because it seems like it has a decent sized fanbase and imagery for something that is apparently text based and in alpha?

Last edited:

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
I'm a bit puzzled by this one. I heard it was text based but that does not really seem to be the case at all from screenshots I've seen. The user above me has some foot fetish looking stuff with the Monster Girl Dreams label for example. Also it's in alpha apparently but how much content is there exactly? Are we talking a couple of hours or something a bit more expanded because it seems like it has a decent sized fanbase and imagery for something that is apparently text based and in alpha?
There is quite a lot of content I'd say. It's text based because while there are portraits of the girls, there are very few pictures other than portraits so far. The vast majority of scenes don't have pictures yet.

Gojii

Oct 29, 2019
I'm a bit puzzled by this one. I heard it was text based but that does not really seem to be the case at all from screenshots I've seen. When I think text based I think like those really old early PC dungeon crawler RPG's from the 70's where it's literally all just a text parser describing what's happening in the game with maybe some ASCII art here and there, but I guess some people interpret that designation as largely text based in terms of combat even though there's clearly graphics for the monster girls and a BF GUI for keeping track of stats and what not. The user above me has some foot fetish looking stuff with the Monster Girl Dreams label for example. Also it's in alpha apparently but how much content is there exactly? Are we talking a couple of hours or something a bit more expanded because it seems like it has a decent sized fanbase and imagery for something that is apparently text based and in alpha?
People seem to use VNs and VN-like games like these interchangeably with "text-based" as nearly everything is static images and text with a UI. The main differences with this game and those people consider "text-based" are a prettier UI, scenery background images for different locations and using renpy vs like flash or something.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Is a prettier UI that isn't HTML hyperlinks with more pictures enough? Idk I just think of it as a VN type game myself. Either way, neither of them are games with full fledged 3D/VR gfx engines with walkable maps. Really just semantics/minimal difference if you think about it.

Last edited:

Gojii

Oct 29, 2019
I may have overlooked this game because of the mistaken belief that it was strictly text only, but am kind of interested now.
It's a solid game, (despite a few of us getting pissy about the long time since last patch drop). If you like monster girls, its a must try imo. A lot of aspects to it with a few deep characters.

MadFoole

Feb 8, 2020
When Threshold started this project, there were no images, instead there'd be a block of text with the character's description in it. It's "Text based" in the sense that it has a very large volume of writing within it. The style is much more RPG/Visual Novel now that art assets have been added to the existing parts, but if you seek out everything to do/find within the game, it'll definitely take more than 10 hours if you're reading everything along the way. It's "in alpha" because it's still a work in progress... Threshold is currently working on the next area of the game (a Labyrinth), and he's previously mentioned at least 3 possible other areas he'd like to add (a capital city, an all-elf village, and I'm forgetting the third).

I'd actually think it might be amusing to have a text parser engine adventure smut game, something like Zork in playstyle but writing more like Leisure Suit Larry. I'd just hope there wasn't any really bad "How was I supposed to figure THAT out" type puzzles in it, like the infamous ones that killed the point and click adventure game genre.

TheeSonus

Mar 30, 2020
Quick and potentially stupid question: Is there a level cap and if yes what is it?
I don't recall there being a LEVEL cap, but there is a STAT cap at 100 per each core stat. HP, EP as well as I think SP aren't capped though.

Reactions: Gojii
4.60 star(s) 83 Votes