ankhtar

Jan 24, 2020
Not really expecting a giant update. The way I'm led to understand, it's probably going to be a quick and small update (from the player's perspective) that just took forever to push out because of overly complex game mechanics that are going to divide the community between those who like it and those who really, really hate it.

Was never a pacman fan myself, and maze-like areas/zones of games generally annoy the crap out of me, so I'm already going in with a negative impression of it, still, I'm trying to withhold my opinion until it's out.

Reactions: Grora and Gojii

Gojii

Oct 29, 2019
Here's hoping for that in both sense of the term. Perhaps even adding a SSBBW facesitting scene to the next update.

View attachment 1642894
Maybe in a future update dealing with a hive with bees/some other insects with the "queen" being along those lines. I don't recall too much clamor amongst patrons for big women of that variety, if anything more gts related comments once in a while as it falls into the monster girl fetish more frequently.

Not really expecting a giant update. The way I'm led to understand, it's probably going to be a quick and small update (from the player's perspective) that just took forever to push out because of overly complex game mechanics that are going to divide the community between those who like it and those who really, really hate it.

Was never a pacman fan myself, and maze-like areas/zones of games generally annoy the crap out of me, so I'm already going in with a negative impression of it, still, I'm trying to withhold my opinion until it's out.
Its basically a waiting game at this point. I'm just looking forward to seeing what the big deal was about it and then go from there. I wouldn't say the wait is worth it for four-ish new characters, but I'm hoping I'm wrong.

Last edited:

tulkas11

May 3, 2018
One thing with the maze is that it's the third time threshold had tried putting in a maze. Maybe fourth? There's the temple which has light maze elements, the hiding from Venefica, and arguably the meeting Amy at the end of the caverns. So the labyrinth is the next one. Which basically feels like threshold has an idea of a maze like experience in mind and will likely keep trying variants until he's happy with the result.

ankhtar

Jan 24, 2020
Rather than the maze itself, which is admittedly annoying to begin with, I'm also worried about the contents of said maze. So far we're lead to believe that hellhounds are supposed to be these overly self-confident, towering domme types who are going to (attempt to) femdom the crap out of the MC if/when he gets caught. Some may be into that, I guess, but personally I ain't touching anything femdom with a 50ft pole, which is going to make the whole wait even less worth it in the end.

Also, why has Thresh stopped posting here? I went AWOL a while back and when I returned, he had apparently already gone full on radio silent. I was hesitant to start poking this dead horse because it already seems to be common knowledge for the regulars, but I'm genuinely curious.

Dec 3, 2017
but personally I ain't touching anything femdom with a 50ft pole
Isn't the vast majority of this game femdom content? Like, I know that there are plenty of maledom scenes but... femdom's the name of the game here, isn't it? Any loss against any enemy (which makes up the majority of sex scenes in general I believe), or a good chunk of regular sex scenes with the various characters are primarily femdommy in nature?

Succubus Hunter

Conversation Conqueror
May 19, 2020
Maybe in a future update dealing with a hive with bees/some other insects with the "queen" being along those lines. I don't recall too much clamor amongst patrons for big women of that variety, if anything more gts related comments once in a while as it falls into the monster girl fetish more frequently.

Its basically a waiting game at this point. I'm just looking forward to seeing what the big deal was about it and then go from there. I wouldn't say the wait is worth it for four-ish new characters, but I'm hoping I'm wrong.
A SSBBW queen bee domme could be interesting. I think Eli _uwu had a similar idea for one of those in the Domina thread.

MadFoole

Feb 8, 2020
Also, why has Thresh stopped posting here? I went AWOL a while back and when I returned, he had apparently already gone full on radio silent. I was hesitant to start poking this dead horse because it already seems to be common knowledge for the regulars, but I'm genuinely curious.
The more time he spends on here responding to complaints, the less time he has to write new sex scenes and build his Labyrinth...

HumanRug

Nov 11, 2020
When I download an updated version of the game, how do I apply it to my old saves?
You're supposed to move your saves to the new version, then get rid of the old version (don't replace versions by copying the new one over the old one, it could lead to a game's malfunction). And start playing in the new version.

Reactions: Gojii

Gojii

Oct 29, 2019
You're supposed to move your saves to the new version, then get rid of the old version (don't replace versions by copying the new one over the old one, it could lead to a game's malfunction). And start playing in the new version.
Don't most renpy games' creators tend to store savegames in the same location? It should have most recent save in the same save slots they saved them in originally (unless you have an entirely new drive you have the game/computer using). So it should just be a matter of booting up the new game and nuking the old one without even needing to mess with save files.

I usually download new builds and then just shift the old versions to the external (because I'm retarded or a hoarder of old game builds....too many games with broken updates devs removing content through the years I guess, lol).

Gwedelino

Game Developer
Sep 4, 2017
I always told myself that I would like to create a mod for this game.

Then I remember i'm a professional procrastrinator.

However, I have just a little question for modder : is it either hard or time-consuming to add illustrations for sex scenes that doesn't already has one ?

Kratmann

Aug 3, 2020
How do I move saves?

Grinnvalesti

Sep 22, 2019
I always told myself that I would like to create a mod for this game.

Then I remember i'm a professional procrastrinator.

However, I have just a little question for modder : is it either hard or time-consuming to add illustrations for sex scenes that doesn't already has one ?
When you mean Illustrations do you mean still images or the expression / pose change stuff? Usually, each monster has its own Json file and within those files you have the image layers. You can create as many layers as you want, but you need to be mindful of the order in which you set them up. The top layer set will be applied first, so any layer that comes under that first layer will be applied on top. So you would have either the Nude or clothed layer first then the expressions layer under that, so they appear on top of the Nude or clothed layer.

As for complexity, it depends on how many parts the character has. Some like the Elf only have a single layer in which everything is tied to a single picture, so swapping them only requires a single Image swap, but more complex characters like Aiko who has a whole bunch of layers will require each layer to be swapped one by one as they are needed (Unless you create a layer set.) Illustrations would not be too hard to implement, as you can simply either add the image into the games image folder or make a Mod folder and set up the folders (See the Modding doc archive in the main game, it will take you to the modding wiki page that has everything you need.) Then on the Monster Json go down to the Pictures part and make a layer at the very bottom for the illustrations, making sure to include the file path for the image location. Then for any scenes including that character just change the image or apply the new layer to the illustration one and it will appear on top of all current layers. You can easily look at the existing Monster files to get an idea of how it works.

A little long-winded, but I am terrible at explaining stuff so apologies if it does not help. Alternatively, the Discord server has a few channels for Modding specifics which you can ask for advice in if you need more help.

Grinnvalesti

Sep 22, 2019
How do I move saves?
If you are on PC then the saves should be in the game folder (MonGirlDreams-Alpha/game/saves.) Then just copy these files into the game folder of the fresh version, then remove the old version. Just make sure you load from a save in town to prevent anything weird from happening.

But Renpy also creates a folder outside of the main game as well. If you do a file search using %APPDATA% then there should be a Renpy folder with all your MonsterGirlDreams saves inside of it. If you Don't see a folder it may be one folder deeper, for me, it was inside a Roaming folder.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nevart

Gwedelino

Game Developer
Sep 4, 2017
When you mean Illustrations do you mean still images or the expression / pose change stuff? Usually, each monster has its own Json file and within those files you have the image layers. You can create as many layers as you want, but you need to be mindful of the order in which you set them up. The top layer set will be applied first, so any layer that comes under that first layer will be applied on top. So you would have either the Nude or clothed layer first then the expressions layer under that, so they appear on top of the Nude or clothed layer.

As for complexity, it depends on how many parts the character has. Some like the Elf only have a single layer in which everything is tied to a single picture, so swapping them only requires a single Image swap, but more complex characters like Aiko who has a whole bunch of layers will require each layer to be swapped one by one as they are needed (Unless you create a layer set.) Illustrations would not be too hard to implement, as you can simply either add the image into the games image folder or make a Mod folder and set up the folders (See the Modding doc archive in the main game, it will take you to the modding wiki page that has everything you need.) Then on the Monster Json go down to the Pictures part and make a layer at the very bottom for the illustrations, making sure to include the file path for the image location. Then for any scenes including that character just change the image or apply the new layer to the illustration one and it will appear on top of all current layers. You can easily look at the existing Monster files to get an idea of how it works.

A little long-winded, but I am terrible at explaining stuff so apologies if it does not help. Alternatively, the Discord server has a few channels for Modding specifics which you can ask for advice in if you need more help.
My apologize if I was not clear enough, but by "illustrations" I meant pictures illustrating sex scene like Aiko's kimono scene.

But yeah, it's a good idea to advice me to go into the files folder to look how it's organized.

I'm too lazy to try to build my own mod, but I have no problem with commissioning artist for NSFW art.

Since I like MGD characters andc onsidering Threshold will never get an illustration for each sex scene in the game I would not mind trying to get more illustrations by myself.

I need to try to get in contact with Adopolich.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: decker2
4.60 star(s) 83 Votes