sandsea_urchin

May 7, 2019
You're replying to the wrong person.
you're an idiot
Subtlety aside, this is the part I was advising you against...

Anyways...
I wouldn't share private statements made in private places such as Discord, so:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
These don't sound like a scammer's honeyed words at all.
'Baffling and disconcerting', are words he could take right out of my mouth. I'm (also) blaming the Patreons here; I'll end up blaming the man himself, if at some point he does not put his Patrreon on hold OR create an actual team to meet the standards that have been imposed on him in the last 1-2 years (which he cannot meet, that much is obvious).
Let's wait and see the Labyrinth for now. What's 1-2 weeks more at this point?

Sadly, it's probably too late to consider releasing a "MGD episode 1", like I was suggesting long ago (in hindsight, marking a change with MGD ep.2 focusing on different mechanics).
Cramming too many things into this game, breaking under peer pressure, losing sight of the end goal... yeah, things ain't looking too bright if at least this doesn't get solved soon.

"One person isn't enough". It's simple as that and nothing shameful. The only alternative - keeping MGD simple and clean, the way it was before all these gimmicks and suscribers' requests - is not an option anymore. It's already pre-paid and pre-ordered, that much is on Threshold (I'm sorry to say).
(just me killing time; because my/our free time will be greatly reduced once Labyrinth is out ;))

afedvfe

Oct 8, 2020
I'm betting some of you peeps will spend hours in furious masturbation sessions once the update comes out, all the while cursing at Patreon

(i admit I'd hatefuck Patreon as well)

• Thinking Face
Reactions: lnppo

Crestrial

Mar 15, 2019
Ahh yes, old human trait, count money in other peoples pockets.
Very popular among....ehh, I will not continue because there are a chance I get banned for this.
Goblins? Weird how they're not in this game.

You're replying to the wrong person.

Subtlety aside, this is the part I was advising you against...

Anyways...
I wouldn't share private statements made in private places such as Discord, so:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
These don't sound like a scammer's honeyed words at all.
'Baffling and disconcerting', are words he could take right out of my mouth. I'm (also) blaming the Patreons here; I'll end up blaming the man himself, if at some point he does not put his Patrreon on hold OR create an actual team to meet the standards that have been imposed on him in the last 1-2 years (which he cannot meet, that much is obvious).
Let's wait and see the Labyrinth for now. What's 1-2 weeks more at this point?

Sadly, it's probably too late to consider releasing a "MGD episode 1", like I was suggesting long ago (in hindsight, marking a change with MGD ep.2 focusing on different mechanics).
Cramming too many things into this game, breaking under peer pressure, losing sight of the end goal... yeah, things ain't looking too bright if at least this doesn't get solved soon.

"One person isn't enough". It's simple as that and nothing shameful. The only alternative - keeping MGD simple and clean, the way it was before all these gimmicks and suscribers' requests - is not an option anymore. It's already pre-paid and pre-ordered, that much is on Threshold (I'm sorry to say).
(just me killing time; because my/our free time will be greatly reduced once Labyrinth is out ;))
This was said in their public discord and in a public channel, I'm not sure what makes Discord 'private'. It's the only venue outside of patreon to get progress updates right now. I don't think Thresh went into this going "Man I can't wait to scam all these people", but it is optimistic to believe that these slow and/or minute updates are not due to burnout when it has been a problem before. They said they'd start on the labyrinth early last year.
6 months later:
1651269386409.png
Okay now lets assume they finally started working on the Labyrinth in August (which is also the date of the last update)

By no means should it have taken 8, coming up on 9 months. No excuses. Even if you've never coded before and have no reference point for how long things should take, just think of all the things you do or can do in 9 months time. If you're this person's boss and you asked them to add a labyrinth to a game and you come back 9 months later and it's not done, well, you know something isn't right. As such, I think we're past the point of this slow update issue being solved soon.

Last edited:
Reactions: lnppo

Cross Zero

Jun 12, 2018
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

By no means should it have taken 8, coming up on 9 months. No excuses. Even if you've never coded before and have no reference point for how long things should take, just think of all the things you do or can do in 9 months time. If you're this person's boss and you asked them to add a labyrinth to a game and you come back 9 months later and it's not done, well, you know something isn't right. As such, I think we're past the point of this slow update issue being solved soon.
Except the engine is absolutely not made for anything that has to do with the labyrinth. Thresh had to do everything from scratch concerning the labyrinth and he vastly underestimated the time it would take him.

Reactions: Konstantinus

Oluap-Player

Jan 7, 2019
WTF I THOUGHT YOU GUYS SAID THE UPDATE WASN'T COMING OUT FOR ANOTHER YEAR???? THAT THE GAME WAS DEAD???? HOW COULD YOU LIE TO ME????

Jokes aside, about fucking time. Time to have some fun.

Reactions: Konstantinus

ThresholdMGD

Game Developer
Oct 31, 2017
v24 is now out featuring the labyrinth! And a lotta other stuff! Check the changelog! : D

(Uploading the mirrors takes a while...)

If people have any questions I will do my best to answer them when I can. I'm not retroactively going through every post I've missed to respond to them.

Mustang Flex

Oct 24, 2017
Well shit in my mouth and call me the Gages, looks like the update's actually out this time. Can't wait to see what we've all been waiting for. From the description, sounds like the labyrinth is actually done too, not in some half completed/placeholder state like I figured.

lnppo

Jun 23, 2018
Cool, but it is almost midnight here, I'm going to bed. Looking forward to reading the comments tomorrow though. :LOL:

joeys88

Oct 10, 2017
v24 is now out featuring the labyrinth! And a lotta other stuff! Check the changelog! : D

(Uploading the mirrors takes a while...)

If people have any questions I will do my best to answer them when I can. I'm not retroactively going through every post I've missed to respond to them.
Just a bug report for you. I can't speak as to whether this happens for every new floor, but the first time I made it to Iabel's floor I decided to leave back to town to rest and it acted like I was in a fight with nothing. The fight finished and I gained 15 sensitivity and an error popped up. It wasn't a fatal error and let me continue though. Nothing seems busted, I was able to go back to floor 4 when I went back, just giving you a heads up.

Edit: One more bug with her combat. If she tries to use conquering advance, and you don't resist, it says Iabel combat broke, and nothing happens.

Last edited:
4.60 star(s) 85 Votes