Gwedelino

Game Developer
Sep 4, 2017
That's it? This is what delayed the game for over half a year? 4 combat encounters and turn based Pac-Man that's mildly aggravating to navigate?

I exaggerate slightly, some new scenes, art's never unwelcome, but wow, you're not exactly showing us the promised land with this one Thresh. This should have been another dungeon, I've been saying it for months, and I'm vindicated now. I don't even want to do it again to see more scenes with the Hellhounds or grind the new combat encounters; because it's a pain in the ass to get to said encounters. The only thing that could make things worse is if the labyrinth minigame gets reused out of sunk cost fallacy or something.
Regardless of how you think Threshold works, I think the combination of :
- Months of Burnout
- trying to fit in Ren'Py a mechanic not suited for
- Releasing everything in 1 go

Had an overall bad effect.

The third point especially was annoying since we had months of Threshold only posting wall of text of progress update. I think people would be more satisfied if hellhounds girls and their levels were released gradually.

Vreis

Jul 9, 2017
I actually really love the labyrinth, and the new characters.
I hope they get more content down the road.
My only gripe like others have is the update time gap versus the new content.
Like god damn I'm tryna see this capital I keep hearing about.
Hey the new map looks clean tho.

Quintilus

Engaged Member
Aug 8, 2020
v24 is now out featuring the labyrinth! And a lotta other stuff! Check the changelog! : D

(Uploading the mirrors takes a while...)

If people have any questions I will do my best to answer them when I can. I'm not retroactively going through every post I've missed to respond to them.
Time to squish some bugs, yeeeeee....

After battles with...ehhhh, "snow lady"...hows her name again?...."frozen dungeon wall" image does not changes back to "just a dungeon walls".
In same battle 'frozen screen' overlay disappears when actual battle begins. It should have stayed, if I get that correctly.

New imps do not use/have scared facial expression, that one after she realized shes the only one left in battle that old ones have.

Stepping on an active aphrodisiac tile in labirynth AND clicking with left mouse button outside of navigational buttons produce this resulot in textbox (clicked bunch of times btw)
new.png

tsphazer

Jan 1, 2022
I'm slightly confused... is there sex scenes with the monster girls? Or will there be later on? I really do enjoy the game tho!

Quintilus

Engaged Member
Aug 8, 2020
I'm slightly confused... is there sex scenes with the monster girls? Or will there be later on? I really do enjoy the game tho!
There are, but in text form only. So no animations, video and such stuff. Use imagination.

Mustang Flex

Oct 24, 2017
I'm gonna need to drag myself to the Labyrinth again when I'm not as salty. Right now I'm not sure if I don't like the Hellhound sisters, or if my opinion is being colored by what's surrounding them. I'll say at least that I wanna see more of them, Especially Berith since we didn't get anything like the Oni sisters if you ran into her in the brothel first; and how she acts here is way off than what I thought it would've been based on that.

I've ruminated a bit on the level itself, though I haven't been able to muster much more of an opinion about it than my original mild aggravation. Implementing it in the first place was no doubt a trial and a half, and worthy of respect. That's mostly why I'm not more annoyed, since I know it's probably not because Thresh is running out of monster girl ideas. It's not impossible that it's a means of stretching the content we really want with technically impressive gameplay imposed tedium. But that's not a bet I'd take.

Reactions: Ghostload and lnppo

Crestrial

Mar 15, 2019
Except the engine is absolutely not made for anything that has to do with the labyrinth. Thresh had to do everything from scratch concerning the labyrinth and he vastly underestimated the time it would take him.
Surely this is all the Renpy engine's fault for their decision to do this. Now, if you would remove your lips from the base of the developer's cock?

About the labyrinth. Entered the labyrinth for the first time. Bug. I tried to leave the labyrinth. Crashed. I switched floors. Bug. Also it's not as fun as you'd believe to be walking over the same traps over and over again with the same encounters. On the last floor, every 3 steps I took was "YOU HEAR AN OMINOUS CLICK". It's also hard to tell what is and isn't a bug. Beris seems to level up because at some point I checked her level after some encounters and she was level 230. My only option was to wait for the stun that comes along with dodging her flurry of attacks (which had checks of like 25) then run because I did 0 damage to her. Nice, I guess Beris is the demon queen because that shit was fucking whack. Her level needs to cap off.

Ushris has an annoying mechanic where you don't really beat her as much as you just wait for enough turns to pass by. I noticed she uses energy to get away from your physical attacks. So surely if I use sleep to drain her energy I'll get an opportunity to attack right? She immediately woke up as if nothing happened and dodged my next attack. Okay so uhh, bullshit?

Power scaling feels ways off the charts. Venefica at full power is doable with good checks whilst buffing your defense. Iabel is just, what? New status effects that cannot be cured normally along with autohit attacks. She also is immune to debuffs, and aphrodisiacs. Resistant against a bunch of status effects. She can break out of restraints in 2 turns even while charmed. She is resistant to magic, pain, and holy. Seems to have good resistance against other attacks as well since my 75 technique attacks get dunked by 20 points of arousal. She can charm you straight through charm immunity. To top it all off her level is laced with invisible traps. I feel like you're not supposed to engage with her (yeah, the exact opposite of what you play the game for), but uhhh... Are we just power creeping over Sofia and Venefica now? Because Beris after X fights or Iabel can wipe the floor with you. This is an enormous step over the previous level or even over the first floor of the labyrinth.

The interactions with the new girls sadly feel limited. Generally you can fool around with most characters without battling them after the fact. Not these ones. It's all talk and it seems you can't even talk with Beris, the one you know best, as she dismisses you. Bruh moment.

Dec 3, 2017
> New update comes out
> Thread is still a warzone half the time

Yup, we're beyond the point of no return here. Was a fun ride while it lasted, but I really don't think there's any redeeming this place at this point. Guess checking for updates every few months is the only point to this place anymore

Ritsujin

May 30, 2018
This changelog brings me serotonin.

Talking about the CGs.
Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick.

Now to just get footjob CGs, heh.

BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY.
WHEN
CAN WE
ROMANCE THE BARWOMAN.
Easily flustered.
She is so cute.

azraelswegul

Dec 27, 2017
i think i encountered a bug: when i finish the dungeon there is the "congratulations" scene, but after that, instead of being teleported to town, i start a combat encounter with no rival and no targets, and no matter what option i choose it just says "Character's plans were interrupted" and an error kicks in and the program closes.

anyone knows how to fix this?

darker999

Dec 3, 2018
the labyrinth suck. he should of just add multiple background picture and chose which way you want to go and if you wander too far in one direction the background picture change so you know that you have to go back to complete what ever you left of.
That would ten time better than what he did.

i wander how the people feel who pay for threshold burnout and unique labyrinth.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: lnppo
4.60 star(s) 85 Votes