Unreal Engine Monster Girl Garden [v1.34b] [Noxious Games]

2.10 star(s) 9 Votes

rodgerroe

Aug 6, 2019
The game has been released on Steam. Can this link be added to the OP?

Spillthebeans

Jun 21, 2017
In addition to the steam release it's also worth mentioning that if you buy the game through steam you are supposed to get the ruby version(highest tier at 20$/month) of the game on a 1-2 week delay from patreon.

Reactions: rodgerroe

ragsterb

Mar 6, 2019
ok, so I tried this, and I encountered an issue, it involves pens, they just hug one side of the pen and don't really do much besides trying to walk through the fence wall I made. another thing, I am assuming the monster girls and such won't forcibly initiate smex, from what I have experienced so far that is, not that i saw it being such in the description, but i thought that it was based on what the itch thingy said.
it said: "Monster girls do what they want and it's hard to control them, they will wander the garden and do what they feel like." and: "Girls have a lust stat which raises over time and must be satisfied. If they can't find a willing partner they may engage a not so willing monster, or deal with it themselves." with the not so willing monster, i slightly figured that the player would also be a viable target.

Spillthebeans

Jun 21, 2017
ok, so I tried this, and I encountered an issue, it involves pens, they just hug one side of the pen and don't really do much besides trying to walk through the fence wall I made. another thing, I am assuming the monster girls and such won't forcibly initiate smex, from what I have experienced so far that is, not that i saw it being such in the description, but i thought that it was based on what the itch thingy said.
it said: "Monster girls do what they want and it's hard to control them, they will wander the garden and do what they feel like." and: "Girls have a lust stat which raises over time and must be satisfied. If they can't find a willing partner they may engage a not so willing monster, or deal with it themselves." with the not so willing monster, i slightly figured that the player would also be a viable target.
When a monsters lust hits a threshold they ask nearby monsters to have sex, if denied they will either attack that monster or masturbate. If they attack they fight as if they were in the arena and utilize any attacks they've been assigned e.g. they'll randomly heal at a certain distance or use a ranged attack, just like the arena. If they win they'll rape the defeated monster. You can also make residents fight and if the victors lust is high enough they'll rape the loser as well. You'll need to do this to make some monsters residents. The player can't fight so they can't be raped though it would be neat if they could be jumped by a high lust monster like breeders of the nephelym.

It's still quite a mess, however. Penis clipping/animation misalignment, monsters getting stuck in animations requiring a restart, monsters getting stuck on the edges of trees, tile requirements not tracking properly e.g. "0/25 grass tiles" in a garden full of grass, some monster types going mia for a long time like nekos, the list goes on. I wish the dev would spruce up the animations and commit to bug fixing for an update or two. It's a fun little game and I can even get adjusted to the models but the animations and bugs just reduces any desire to play after you've established your garden.

ragsterb

Mar 6, 2019
When a monsters lust hits a threshold they ask nearby monsters to have sex, if denied they will either attack that monster or masturbate. If they attack they fight as if they were in the arena and utilize any attacks they've been assigned e.g. they'll randomly heal at a certain distance or use a ranged attack, just like the arena. If they win they'll rape the defeated monster. You can also make residents fight and if the victors lust is high enough they'll rape the loser as well. You'll need to do this to make some monsters residents. The player can't fight so they can't be raped though it would be neat if they could be jumped by a high lust monster like breeders of the nephelym.

It's still quite a mess, however. Penis clipping/animation misalignment, monsters getting stuck in animations requiring a restart, monsters getting stuck on the edges of trees, tile requirements not tracking properly e.g. "0/25 grass tiles" in a garden full of grass, some monster types going mia for a long time like nekos, the list goes on. I wish the dev would spruce up the animations and commit to bug fixing for an update or two. It's a fun little game and I can even get adjusted to the models but the animations and bugs just reduces any desire to play after you've established your garden.
yeah, at one point, i interacted with a neko when i was in my player form and it got rid of all my ui options and i could not do anything, i had not saved the garden in 3 in-game days as well... it was one of the nekos that were hugging the fence, making me feel as tho the pen was not even that useful, which is strange since i had already got some apple trees into the pen, so i don't see a reason for them to want to escape the handmade pen so badly...

ragsterb

Mar 6, 2019
according to the itchio thingyo there are patchnotes for version 26 of it, but the max you can actually download was version 24

Spillthebeans

Jun 21, 2017
It is too raw. Monsters stack in trees and flowers quite often. Moreover, it is have bad optimization. I mean it is really bad. But bugs are main problem. Sometimes you don't know what to do and it is hard to enjoy this game. You have to spend hours to understand what to do and how it is work.
It's definitely raw but I wouldn't say it takes hours to understand. The flow of the game as long as I've known it has always been:
Sell acorns>buy fruit seeds>plant fruit seeds>clear garden>sell fruits>buy land>plant more fruit trees>repeat last four steps. Loyalty/hunger doesn't do anything, monsters won't leave of their own accord, die, or kill each other off like in viva pinata so once you have them there's no risk of failure. The arena is nothing but a stat check with no tangible reward and to make matters worse if you buy into the game on steam or patreon you get better tools which removes any other progression you would have had upgrading your tools to be quicker.

As it is the game is just a tree farming sim with badly modeled "monster" "girls" randomly having poorly animated and severly clipping sex in the background. Still beats the "renpy game using daz 3d models where you fuck your family" we get on a weekly basis but it still has too far to go. It's a shame because the game looks like it could be really fun and different but either due to lack of support or incompetence of the dev I don't think we'll ever see anything of note to come.

BaasB

Post Pro
Uploader
Respected User
Donor
Aug 5, 2018
this version should be v.1.03b

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

i unpack, play wrong build?

V.1.02 Beta

BaasB

Post Pro
Uploader
Respected User
Donor
Aug 5, 2018
this version should be v.1.03b

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

i unpack, play wrong build?

V.1.02 Beta

Mega
replied to your comment on Noxious Games's page.
Hey there, sorry about the confusion, that is version 1.03b but I forgot to update the opening screen, so it looks like it's still the last version. I'll update this today to avoid any further confusion, thanks for the comment!

Thranduil77

Sep 7, 2018
I have download it and unzip it but as i have start the exe i have still a black screen a half hour long no matter which button i press still black screen so pls help?

BaasB

Post Pro
Uploader
Respected User
Donor
Aug 5, 2018
I have download it and unzip it but as i have start the exe i have still a black screen a half hour long no matter which button i press still black screen so pls help?
update your graphic drivers maybe?

Game works fine for me even on a older PC

May 2, 2017
Anyone else getting a bug where UI elements like the Journal and encyclopedia get stuck on the screen with no way to remove them? I permanently had the Journal stuck on there, but I assumed I just didn't know the shortcut to close it, until it also happened with the Encyclopedia.

Also, some other questions.
1. Is there any reason to put in the ridiculous amount of work it would take to pay off your debt?
2. How are sand tiles generated? Is it just a random occurrence after dirt tiles are submerged in water, or is there a way to create them instantly?
3. Is the hammock just useless, or do I just not get how to use it?
4. Should I save the ores from the rocks in the garden? Is there a way to make more rocks spawn or do you just get the ones you start with, and you have to buy more land to get more?

Reactions: green_vortex

Prick

Jul 17, 2017
Also, some other questions.
Not sure about the gui bug, it could be your resolution, or fullscreen / windowed mode, etc.

1. Not yet, AFAIK it's just for an achievement.
2. You're correct, just submerge them in water and wait. No other way.
3. Haven't played this mess of a game in a while, so not sure.
4. Yes, for upgrading your tools it is worth the effort. But you can obtain more ore behind the shops - in the quarry.

I've said it somewhere in this thread before, this game isn't worth the grind required.
Cheat Engine is a saint, just get a ton of cash, buy all the land, clear it, then build the garden and wait for monster girls to spawn while you do the quests.
I've begged Noxious more than once to make futa monsters and bestiality (wolves) optional per player's choice, big turn off for me. (Was once upon a time a Ruby patron, even got a free code for steam release.)
Not sure why he even pushed for steam, it was bare bones for years, and even now it's still not really a fleshed out game. Still poorly optimized, graphics are questionable, grind is too much for too little.. list goes on.
If you're not happy with the game, move on, there is better shit out there.

May 2, 2017
Not sure about the gui bug, it could be your resolution, or fullscreen / windowed mode, etc.

1. Not yet, AFAIK it's just for an achievement.
2. You're correct, just submerge them in water and wait. No other way.
3. Haven't played this mess of a game in a while, so not sure.
4. Yes, for upgrading your tools it is worth the effort. But you can obtain more ore behind the shops - in the quarry.

I've said it somewhere in this thread before, this game isn't worth the grind required.
Cheat Engine is a saint, just get a ton of cash, buy all the land, clear it, then build the garden and wait for monster girls to spawn while you do the quests.
I've begged Noxious more than once to make futa monsters and bestiality (wolves) optional per player's choice, big turn off for me. (Was once upon a time a Ruby patron, even got a free code for steam release.)
Not sure why he even pushed for steam, it was bare bones for years, and even now it's still not really a fleshed out game. Still poorly optimized, graphics are questionable, grind is too much for too little.. list goes on.
If you're not happy with the game, move on, there is better shit out there.
Thanks for responding so quickly!

Yeah, this game really isn't worth the grind and better games are out there, but also unless I'm missing a bunch, I think I've genuinely played through most of the actually decent games on here, so it's nice to just dig into some garbage now and then.

I, uh, have too much time on my hands. :sneaky:

I played this in early 2018 and basically, all I can tell has been changed is that there's more of a story and everything, and you can no longer just pick up and sell the item shop owner all of his merchandise on the shelves.

2.10 star(s) 9 Votes