RPGM Completed Monster Girl Quest: Paradox [Part 3 Demo v3.00] [Torotoro Resistance]

4.70 star(s) 32 Votes

Karl Speidel

Sep 20, 2021
This is going to be the h game equililant to the game of thrones fandom experiencing the end of their series together.

This sounds pretty accurate for MGQ.

Agreed. A gem like MGQ is worthy of waiting for a quality translation.
Game of Thrones was fucked up since season 5/6,thats what happens when the original writter who was director left and Dumb&Dumber were out of material from the books to copy.
Its not win for books over movies. If Martin doesnt die till he releases his winds of winter.

• Wow
Reactions: Succubus Hunter

Heissar

Apr 16, 2018
Was there / is there any kind of balance fix for the Paradox difficulty? It's my favorite difficulty for the game, but I dislike immensely that it makes 1-2 build types useless. I'm talking about defense builds and, especially, regeneration builds. What's the point of regenerating 15-60% of your health per turn when you get either oneshotted or twoshotted...

Or, maybe, a mod of some kind? I saw the one that fixes evasion builds, but nothing else...

Due to that problem I MIGHT just start my new playthrough on 1 step lower difficulty... or not... gah, I just want to persevere through Paradox dif with ALL builds being viable!

• Wow

Ogrexin

Nov 25, 2020
Was there / is there any kind of balance fix for the Paradox difficulty? It's my favorite difficulty for the game, but I dislike immensely that it makes 1-2 build types useless. I'm talking about defense builds and, especially, regeneration builds. What's the point of regenerating 15-60% of your health per turn when you get either oneshotted or twoshotted...

Or, maybe, a mod of some kind? I saw the one that fixes evasion builds, but nothing else...

Due to that problem I MIGHT just start my new playthrough on 1 step lower difficulty... or not... gah, I just want to persevere through Paradox dif with ALL builds being viable!
That's sort of the point? I"m not familiar with any mods but the highest difficulty has ridicilous modifiers (since torotoro doesnt understand difficulty design)
You just need intiative and one shot them first, though i honeslty wouldn't recommend that, paradox isnt a complex nor a game worth playing on harder difficulties and it only serves to waste your time

Heissar

Apr 16, 2018
That's sort of the point? I"m not familiar with any mods but the highest difficulty has ridicilous modifiers (since torotoro doesnt understand difficulty design)
You just need intiative and one shot them first, though i honeslty wouldn't recommend that, paradox isnt a complex nor a game worth playing on harder difficulties and it only serves to waste your time
Yeah, initiative and nuke-them-before-they-nuke-you is the way I was doing it... guess I'll try Hell difficulty then.

Sscdrake

Jun 24, 2018
What you meant is that he doesn't understand the difference between challenge and tedium like many devs.

coreywil13579

Dec 28, 2020
I noticed in 3.00 from 2.41 how easy it is to kill the slime girls on Illias Mountain in very hard mode, but also how easy they can kill you. Difficulty modifiers definitely have been changed.

JakeMSG

Jul 2, 2017
Yeah, initiative and nuke-them-before-they-nuke-you is the way I was doing it... guess I'll try Hell difficulty then.
What you meant is that he doesn't understand the difference between challenge and tedium like many devs.
The one thing I'd actually say is that Paradox difficulty (and arguably Hell Difficulty too) should be gated behind doing at least a playthrough of the game. They realistically aren't meant for a New Game, but a NG+ at the very least. A good example of that you get if you play the game on Paradox (like I did, on a NG+) up until the Collaboration Event, where your previous loadout is temporarily unavailable (and would have to face monsters on Paradox difficulty without any of your previous advantages). IMO, they should've had the Collab Event also auto-switch your difficulty to Normal for its duration.

Aside from that, if you view those as Post-game modifiers, they feel quite alright. Not only that, but they are left to your own choice (there isn't any difference between playing the game on Normal or Paradox), aside from Superbosses, where your difficulty is automatically set to Normal if it was lower than that.

My real complaint here is that they don't also bump up Exp&Money&Item drops (and maybe even recruitment chances) on higher difficulties, that would've felt like a fair tradeoff (and incentive for people to attempt higher difficulties), and many other RPGs use similar systems.

I noticed in 3.00 from 2.41 how easy it is to kill the slime girls on Illias Mountain in very hard mode, but also how easy they can kill you. Difficulty modifiers definitely have been changed.
Hmmm, interesting. Maybe they reworked the system a bit? I'd hope they added increased drops on higher difficulties while they were at it (although I can always mod it back in on the full v3.0 when it arrives).

Damnation0202

Jan 31, 2022
Sup everyone, just downloaded the 3.0 demo. I import my saves from the previous version but i discover that my combat replayer been erased. anyone know how to get it back? (without fighting the monster girl of course.)

Noctis_

May 12, 2020
Apologies if this has been asked already, but are the sex scenes in the demo translated or nah?

4.70 star(s) 32 Votes