VN Ren'Py Abandoned Moonlight Sins [Ch. 1-4] [ThEngineer]

4.80 star(s) 5 Votes
U

User_32285

Graphics look great it also seems like a lot of work and love from dev went into this, I just can't stand another asshole MC again.

Maybe I'll try again in the future when I am not saturated by MC's I hate.

Reactions: thengineer

jish55

Nov 23, 2017
Another great chapter, and one that made me tear up... I hate how we never got to know more about the sister, but now I'm hoping that, in the future, we'll get a prequel game focusing on the mc and sister relationship prior to this game.

thengineer

Moonlight Sins
Game Developer
Nov 19, 2018
Nice update and cant wait for more.

P.S. I see harem in the tags but is it gonna be a true harem or are some girls gonna get jelly for playing with others?
I’m actually still not sure myself, I want to give the player as much freedom as I possibly can without making the girls feel bad/making him feel guilty, but I also dont want to make things too unrealistic, so ill have to see how i balance that
Another great chapter, and one that made me tear up... I hate how we never got to know more about the sister, but now I'm hoping that, in the future, we'll get a prequel game focusing on the mc and sister relationship prior to this game.
Thank you! I actually had some ideas for something like that, not exactly as you described it but with his sister in it! If it ever does happen, though, it will be a loooong time from now, since finishing this game is bound to take a while
This game is well made. The story is quite interesting.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Thank you! Will keep my lips sealed about the story, Hannah will start get a new feature just for her starting from the next update, but i wouldnt call any of them “main” girls, they just all play a different role on the story
I don't think so. In fact I think that the MC's side of the story currently is not the main meat of the story.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Canto Forte

thengineer

Moonlight Sins
Game Developer
Nov 19, 2018
Game crashed just after Mc Late paperwork.
Thank you for showing the crash report! Not on pc so cant look at code atm, but it might have to do with old saves not being compatible, did you download the regular version? Theres a download link in spoilers of the OP with a compatible save that starts at chapter 3 and which should allow you to change your name

thengineer

Moonlight Sins
Game Developer
Nov 19, 2018
@thengineer

got this when attempting to access phone.

View attachment 295673
Ok, so 2 things:
Had you played the game before? Old saves dont work, although you can start straight from chapter 3 (just go to the OP and check the download links inside a spoiler
If this is your first time playing, then its an actual bug, if thats the case, could you scroll a bit down and then send another screenshot? The one you sent doesnt really help in diagnosing the issue

Spiderfox

Nov 28, 2018
Ok, so 2 things:
Had you played the game before? Old saves dont work, although you can start straight from chapter 3 (just go to the OP and check the download links inside a spoiler
If this is your first time playing, then its an actual bug, if thats the case, could you scroll a bit down and then send another screenshot? The one you sent doesnt really help in diagnosing the issue
No, it was an old save, I'll try again before sending you anything.

thengineer

Moonlight Sins
Game Developer
Nov 19, 2018
No, it was an old save, I'll try again before sending you anything.
Ok, thank you! I apologize for old saves not working, i definitely dont want that to be the norm, its just that there was an issue i just couldnt solve without rewriting the texting framework and making it incompatible with previous saves

Spiderfox

Nov 28, 2018
Ok, thank you! I apologize for old saves not working, i definitely dont want that to be the norm, its just that there was an issue i just couldnt solve without rewriting the texting framework and making it incompatible with previous saves
Played through 3 with no issues. Was definitely the old save thing.

BigLurker

Jun 16, 2018
Just started playing the game. Top quality.

Points are a bit weird. I just ended chapter 2, plot twist and suddenly game gives me 3 free points and congratulates me.
A bit weird feeling.

I am looking forward to see more of this game.

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
Also had the same issued with old saves couldn't access the phone but starting a new game sorted that out (y)First thoughts are this is one of the most tragic MC you play as, his birthday scene kind of sets the tone too feel sorry for the guy and the end of chapter 2 was just brutal for him. But with lots of lovely women in this game I'm sure our MC will be just fine in the end.

thengineer

Moonlight Sins
Game Developer
Nov 19, 2018
Played through 3 with no issues. Was definitely the old save thing.
Great, nice to know!
Just started playing the game. Top quality.

Points are a bit weird. I just ended chapter 2, plot twist and suddenly game gives me 3 free points and congratulates me.
A bit weird feeling.

I am looking forward to see more of this game.
Thank you! Yeah, the free points were just so people could test out the new voice messages system and give me feedback on it. I’ll remove it next update or the one after
Also had the same issued with old saves couldn't access the phone but starting a new game sorted that out (y)First thoughts are this is one of the most tragic MC you play as, his birthday scene kind of sets the tone too feel sorry for the guy and the end of chapter 2 was just brutal for him. But with lots of lovely women in this game I'm sure our MC will be just fine in the end.
Sorry about the saves issue, you didnt have to start a new game though! You could have continued through a clean save from chapter 3 which asks you for your name and last name

Kalkuv

Feb 8, 2019
Are we supposed to feel an emotionale impact?
IMO there wasn't enough time to learn the bond of MC and his Sister. Also, skipping almost all griefing didn't help in that matter.
Espacially, when nearly the same time is used for paperwork.

One last thing, which makes me wonder: The bathroom scene. After all the talk about making the MC forget the griefng und making him feel better, he jsut got blue balled?

As a whole i really like the game, but it's missing to make me love it...

jughead004

Donor
Sep 19, 2017
Theres an issue when I open the phone after seeing it in the church and finishing the paperwork right before bed. Apparently it just caused issues.

RoadWulf

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2018
Are we supposed to feel an emotionale impact?
IMO there wasn't enough time to learn the bond of MC and his Sister. Also, skipping almost all griefing didn't help in that matter.
Espacially, when nearly the same time is used for paperwork.

One last thing, which makes me wonder: The bathroom scene. After all the talk about making the MC forget the griefng und making him feel better, he jsut got blue balled?

As a whole i really like the game, but it's missing to make me love it...
The impact of the Sister wasn't actually that high for me either, because of what happened in Chapter 2, when they met at the Gazebo. I was like

"Well are they going to show her or not? No... ok so this isn't a character who's going to have a future in the story clearly, because they aren't even bothering to show her. So you have no reason to recognize her later. That clearly shows she's going to die."

I called it just from that. If she wasn't even visually represented, and she's talking about this massively dangerous assignment she's on, I mean, they're called Tropes for a reason.

4.80 star(s) 5 Votes