VN Ren'Py Abandoned Moonlight Sins [Ch. 1-4] [ThEngineer]

4.80 star(s) 5 Votes

Matoyoshi

Nov 27, 2018
I really tried to make this death happen as soon as possible so that the players wouldn't be so invested into the character, but it's still a very important part of the story and it kinda had to happen
Yeah, I completely understand that and am glad it happened before we got invested into the character but there was still enough there to let you know how the MC felt about the character. In my opinion it was good storytelling as long as the story follows through on exactly what she was investigating that got her killed.

Reactions: thengineer

thengineer

Moonlight Sins
Game Developer
Nov 19, 2018
Yeah, I completely understand that and am glad it happened before we got invested into the character but there was still enough there to let you know how the MC felt about the character. In my opinion it was good storytelling as long as the story follows through on exactly what she was investigating that got her killed.
Yeah, of course, the story will be really focused on that!

TiffanyMonroe

Forum Fanatic
May 29, 2018
I kind of hoped that as well, but at least it wasn't like another game that I won't name here where you got heavily invested in the characters first and then were forced to choose between who lived and who died. That one pissed me off so much I stopped playing after that scene.
Yeah, I remember THAT game. It was the best game on this site until the dev decided to kill his game for shock value.
Atleast this dev is not that heartless still kinda messed up but he said it's for the story so I guess we gotta trust them. lol

thengineer

Moonlight Sins
Game Developer
Nov 19, 2018
Found a silver lining. All the "consoling" we'll be doing with her bestfriend might help him get over his lost.
No comments there, but you might be onto something...
I'm not usually a tear-jerker, but the scene with the sister made me cry a little bit. I had similar situation with my ex-girlfriend, who has passed away. I really miss her.
Damn, thats really sad, I'm really sorry about that...

Rythan25

Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2018
Wow, very good game so far, even though its just two chapters I am already invested, and as someone else said, as said as what happened to the Sister, better now than to get more invested in her and have it happen later.

The rest of the cast is all very likable, from the black dude sporting the Union Jack, to Hannah who reminds me of Melissa and Megan from AL. If I have to say one character that immediately didnt seem either endearing or despicable to me, its the Tech girl that works on the servers... again comparing the game to AL, she is giving off major Leah vibes... The bad Lawyer is just an asshole, so thats good, but she is a wild card, and thats more alarming.

I just wish something could have been done about the Sister's fate, and she didnt even have to end up in "incest" just as a sister supporting character, but she is the catalyst for the story it seems, so kudos !

Look-see

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2018
Wow, very good game so far, even though its just two chapters I am already invested, and as someone else said, as said as what happened to the Sister, better now than to get more invested in her and have it happen later.

The rest of the cast is all very likable, from the black dude sporting the Union Jack, to Hannah who reminds me of Melissa and Megan from AL. If I have to say one character that immediately didnt seem either endearing or despicable to me, its the Tech girl that works on the servers... again comparing the game to AL, she is giving off major Leah vibes... The bad Lawyer is just an asshole, so thats good, but she is a wild card, and thats more alarming.

I just wish something could have been done about the Sister's fate, and she didnt even have to end up in "incest" just as a sister supporting character, but she is the catalyst for the story it seems, so kudos !
i mean i much woulda prefered she ended up in a coma until the end of the game lol

thengineer

Moonlight Sins
Game Developer
Nov 19, 2018

Sorry I took so long to reply, I've been a bit busy with stuff. Anyway, thank you for your in-depth post! I'm gonna keep my lips sealed regarding the story...
THX for the great Game so Far...Looking forward to it.
Keep Up the Great Work
Thank you!!!

Tanaxanth

Donor
Mar 2, 2018
The title says ch 1-2... the file is ch2... just curious is the file everything or just chapter 2? If it is, where is chapter 1? :)

slammed!

Feb 17, 2018
you had my curiosity now you had my attention. ill be watching this and see where it goes..

Here's the banana for support.

1549483702757.png

thengineer

Moonlight Sins
Game Developer
Nov 19, 2018
Decent game.

Suggestion: Force the player to click on the phone (by making the bed unavailable), cause I forgot to and I missed out on many scenes.
I appreciate the suggestion, and it could easily be done, but I want to give the player the choice to only pursue a certain girl, which wouldnt be possible if they HAD to set up dates with Sarah

thengineer

Moonlight Sins
Game Developer
Nov 19, 2018
I most certainly will, and would love a banner made of this game because it's already becoming one of my favs (also please add more Sarah content as she's becoming my favorite LI (not often we get darker skinned women as a potential love interest in these types of games sadly).
Hi, everyone! Just a quick update, I've made two banners you can use in your signature, from the two fan favorites: Sarah and Hannah!

This is Sarah's banner:

Which you can use by adding this code onto your signature:
Code:
[url=https://f95zone.com/threads/moonlight-sins-ch-1-2-thengineer.20962/][img]https://attachments.f95zone.com/2019/02/254835_sarahFinalSignature.gif[/img][/url]

And this is Hannah's banner:

Which you can use by adding this code onto your signature:
Code:
[url=https://f95zone.com/threads/moonlight-sins-ch-1-2-thengineer.20962/][img]https://attachments.f95zone.com/2019/02/254837_hannahFinalSignature.gif[/img][/url]
They're far from perfect, but they're my first go at this, so you can't expect too much. A huge thank you to Krull for teaching me how to make these!!!

Remzis

Feb 3, 2019
Downloading, lets check this out.

EDIT: Oh wow! IT. WAS. AMAZING.
I'll make sure to leave a proper review tomorrow.

thengineer

Moonlight Sins
Game Developer
Nov 19, 2018
Downloading, lets check this out.

EDIT: Oh wow! IT. WAS. AMAZING.
I'll make sure to leave a proper review tomorrow.
So I finally had time to play this...
Emotional roller coaster isn't even an accurate statement... I felt like you ripped my heart out stomped on it and then put it back...

Wow... this is amazing.
I'm really happy to hear both of you liked it! Thank you for taking the time to leave a post, it's always really nice to read some positive feedback!

Reactions: Remzis
4.80 star(s) 5 Votes