Unity Morningstar: Book of the Fallen [v0.3.0c] [Droid Productions]

5.00 star(s) 9 Votes

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Hi just wanted to point out that the wiki for the game was deleted or well closed.
Yeah, it keeps getting closed for inactivity, and the guy who maintains it has a lot of stuff going on IRL.

It's back up and alive now; feel free to sign up to help keep it alive :)

Reactions: SifRed

homor

Oct 22, 2023
Yeah, it keeps getting closed for inactivity, and the guy who maintains it has a lot of stuff going on IRL.

It's back up and alive now; feel free to sign up to help keep it alive :)
no thank u this new game is not good it can stop for i dont care:)

chicho1958

Engaged Member
Donor
Apr 28, 2020
Does either Path have more fighting skills or it's just a Path you choose? Fire or Light? Dev ain't making this game easy to make choices :rolleyes:

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Does either Path have more fighting skills or it's just a Path you choose? Fire or Light? Dev ain't making this game easy to make choices :rolleyes:
There's 4 endings; the paths correspond to which ending you're progressing towards. Path of Light will guide you towards Emily's ending, Path of Fire will guide you towards Katie's ending. Path of Submission is Lin's path, and Path of Shadows is if you decided to go neither of the 3 (you can still do all the side-characters, but this is if you don't do Lin's path, and you explicitly opt out of both Katie and Emily's branches).

chicho1958

Engaged Member
Donor
Apr 28, 2020
There's 4 endings; the paths correspond to which ending you're progressing towards. Path of Light will guide you towards Emily's ending, Path of Fire will guide you towards Katie's ending. Path of Submission is Lin's path, and Path of Shadows is if you decided to go neither of the 3 (you can still do all the side-characters, but this is if you don't do Lin's path, and you explicitly opt out of both Katie and Emily's branches).
Submission who? me or lin? I want bang her but not lick her feet. You not making it easy thou..I think I'll avoid them all want to keep by behind virgen :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: Besides got to play the game and see how it goes and also have to do the new game+ on LoM but will wait till you finish it that's why I'm playing this one.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Submission who? me or lin? I want bang her but not lick her feet. You not making it easy thou..I think I'll avoid them all want to keep by behind virgen :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: Besides got to play the game and see how it goes and also have to do the new game+ on LoM but will wait till you finish it that's why I'm playing this one.
Once you get into Lin's questline, it's pretty clear you won't be doing any feet licking :) It's not particularly harsh D/s roleplay, but it is very clear that MC's the Dominant in the pair :)

And yes, there is indeed a 40 year old wizard mode, if you are so inclined. I might even make an achievement for that ;)

Jackjack1

Jun 23, 2017
Hi there, love the game so far, played from the beginning up to day 44 in one go. Then load up my save and proceed through day 44, nothing special happens, go to sleep and then immediately get a cathedral scene with someone claiming to be an architect and something about surviving gunshots. Did I miss anything or did i skip a part? I only messed around with the debug menu giving myself +20 in the strength charisma and intelligence stat, seems weird that would cause me to skip an important scene.

Edit: After retrying the save a couple of times i seem to have found the glitch, my save starts in the morning of day 44. First segment i did PT, second segment, the evening i went to chloe's bar and got a soda from snowdrop to which katie makes a remark that i am part of the furniture in the club here and catapults me to the late night, skipping segment 3 of the day. After which i only can go to sleep and thus skipping the getting shot part, which does trigger correctly if i do something else in the evening segment.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Hi there, love the game so far, played from the beginning up to day 44 in one go. Then load up my save and proceed through day 44, nothing special happens, go to sleep and then immediately get a cathedral scene with someone claiming to be an architect and something about surviving gunshots. Did I miss anything or did i skip a part? I only messed around with the debug menu giving myself +20 in the strength charisma and intelligence stat, seems weird that would cause me to skip an important scene.

Edit: After retrying the save a couple of times i seem to have found the glitch, my save starts in the morning of day 44. First segment i did PT, second segment, the evening i went to chloe's bar and got a soda from snowdrop to which katie makes a remark that i am part of the furniture in the club here and catapults me to the late night, skipping segment 3 of the day. After which i only can go to sleep and thus skipping the getting shot part, which does trigger correctly if i do something else in the evening segment.
The game auto-saves each morning, check Load from day. My guess is you played past the end of content, and you're now halfway up act IV without having done the stuff in between. What was the last day that had proper content for you? Are you on the development branch?

Jackjack1

Jun 23, 2017
The game auto-saves each morning, check Load from day. My guess is you played past the end of content, and you're now halfway up act IV without having done the stuff in between. What was the last day that had proper content for you? Are you on the development branch?
Just using the 0_3_0c version from here. It's that specific snowdrop (in the evening) =>drink => katie interaction (calling you furniture and then you get the side bar message that you feel closer to her) that seems to be taking up 2 time slots springing to late night. And since every night slot from day 44 onward has a scripted event, i haven't been able to test if the katie thing works properly in a night segment.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Just using the 0_3_0c version from here. It's that specific snowdrop (in the evening) =>drink => katie interaction (calling you furniture and then you get the side bar message that you feel closer to her) that seems to be taking up 2 time slots springing to late night. And since every night slot from day 44 onward has a scripted event, i haven't been able to test if the katie thing works properly in a night segment.
Pass me the savegame, and I'll have a look.
You can find it here:
PC: %USERPROFILE%/AppData/LocalLow/Droid Productions/Morningstar
Mac: ~/Library/Application Support/Droid Productions/Morningstar
Linux: $XDG_CONFIG_HOME/unity3d/Droid Productions/Morningstar
SteamDeck: /home/deck/.config/unity3d/Droid Productions/Morningstar

Jackjack1

Jun 23, 2017
Pass me the savegame, and I'll have a look.
You can find it here:
PC: %USERPROFILE%/AppData/LocalLow/Droid Productions/Morningstar
Mac: ~/Library/Application Support/Droid Productions/Morningstar
Linux: $XDG_CONFIG_HOME/unity3d/Droid Productions/Morningstar
SteamDeck: /home/deck/.config/unity3d/Droid Productions/Morningstar

Save attached, had to put it in winrar since the site didn't allow me to directly attach it. After making a rar file of my manual safe the game doesn't seem to recognize the save file anymore, but using the "load from day" function loading the same day 44 gives the same result. Katie taking up two segments and skipping the predetermined getting shot scene. Same for every day after that where there is a scripted event in the night segment.

Last edited:
Reactions: Droid Productions

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Save attached, had to put it in winrar since the site didn't allow me to directly attach it. After making a rar file of my manual safe the game doesn't seem to recognize the save file anymore, but using the "load from day" function loading the same day 44 gives the same result. Katie taking up two segments and skipping the predetermined getting shot scene. Same for every day after that where there is a scripted event in the night segment.
Thanks, I see it. Basically, because it takes two timeslots (which it shouldn't) it can break progression. Fixed in 0.3.23b (later today). Thx for the heads up!

Reactions: Jackjack1

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017

Okay, 3 weeks left until release. I'm putting the final touches on Act IV today, and hopefully that'll go out for testing shortly. At that point I'm a bit over halfway done (It's planned for 6 acts), though I've got a lot of optional side content to go.

If you haven't, don't forget to give it a wishlist to help it have a great launch!

malaac2025

Mar 17, 2024
Game seriously bugged where you enter name at the Sidhe you can't get past it! It will not take your name! This is a game breaking bug I had to first get my hands on the 0.2b version to get past the name entry. I could than load that save into 0.3c.

How the hell was this bug not found it's a fatal game breaking bug.

Jun 13, 2018
Game seriously bugged where you enter name at the Sidhe you can't get past it! It will not take your name! This is a game breaking bug I had to first get my hands on the 0.2b version to get past the name entry. I could than load that save into 0.3c.

How the hell was this bug not found it's a fatal game breaking bug.
it seemed to be a VERY erratic bug. i thought the same, but then when i started a new game AGAIN, it worked fine...... it was weird....

5.00 star(s) 9 Votes