Unity Morningstar: Book of the Fallen [v0.4.0] [Droid Productions]

4.90 star(s) 12 Votes

malaac2025

Mar 17, 2024
Yes, Katie is much harder to beat when she stops holding back but I have defeated her every single time. I sparred with Katie 5 or 6 times and Emily 3 times from day 60 forward. How you set up your skills and devoting more time to sparring to gain skiil points is critical. By day 74 my MC is level 11 and nearly has enough points to go to level 12. I have Rage 3, One-Two 1, Weave 5 and Jump Kick 5. Once I get rage filled and I hit Jump Kick it will do massive damage and turn the board practically blue - game over. Opponents almost never get through my shields. I've noticed that Rage does not improve hardly at all after level 2 and gets no increase at all from level 4 to 5. Weave also only increases marginally after level 2 and One-Two only goes from 30 to 35 when upgrading to level 2. Still, One - Two is better than using jab and/or flurry - those are pretty much worthless.

Overall, the trick (at this time) is to turn up charisma and intelligence (this will refill gems faster and gain more experience). This makes weave much more effective. As shown above strength 73 only gets you 122 health. Why acquire so much strength when a much lower score will still give you 100 health? Gain more charisma and intelligence. It will make a huge difference.
Because you have the correct skills you can take her out before the glitch/bug hits. My style was defense and build up with flicker. The problem is that Katie after so many rounds seems to have some sort of bug and decimal place goes way off for her attack and she one shot kills. So I keep her from getting a build up of red's by using them myself.. she has no skills.. I've got my defense built up.. about to hit with the flurry.. than she will get one round over over 200 damage! Remember that she has NO SKILLS to use so this is impossible without some glitch/bug.

Dr.TSoni

May 20, 2022
I guess this time it won't be enough...

P.S.
Now I'm afraid of what ending I'll end up with, since I followed all three paths without any hesitation

Reactions: Droid Productions

UnoriginalUserName

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2017
Droid Productions

Not sure how much "accuracy" you want to have in the game, or if anyone's mentioned this to you yet (a search didn't turn up anything), but the pistol the MC is using is not a Sig Sauer P226. It's a Beretta 92 in stainless steel, or a clone of some sort (there are a few).

Also : Needs more Molly. :sneaky:

Gtdead

Jul 13, 2021
This is a great game and a worthy successor to Love of Magic. I like the new combat design with the abilities-based approach, even if I enjoyed the poker minigame more in LoM.

I wanted to report some odd issue. I haven't tried to recreate it yet because I don't know if it's expected or not, but:

After winning the first match, MC is supposed to be injured for a couple of days.
The problem is that he continues being injured for the rest of the game. Which means he can't train in the gym, can't do personal training / gain money etc, run in the tunnel etc.

Is this normal? At first I thought that the game will open more locations for MC to spend his time, but this never happened. So I expect this to be some odd bug.

Anyone has any ideas?

Reactions: Real Kreten
Jun 13, 2018
I wanted to report some odd issue. I haven't tried to recreate it yet because I don't know if it's expected or not, but:
......i have resisted rolling my eyes at people complaining at things like this.....and i also confess that at times i've also been guilty of this kind of thing, until i remember that this game IS NOT COMPLETED......so honestly, START A NEW GAME EVERY TIME THERE'S AN UPDATE. yes, it's a slog and some of these games are HUGE! (especially if, like me, you HAVE to play LoM as a complete trilogy.....EVERY TIME......).....so please, PLEASE, just try to report any issues you come across, but PLEASE don't try one playthru/save for EVERY update, because some creators, like Droid, put out updates that ONLY add things in earlier parts of the story or change minigame mechanics or other stuff that you might miss if your save is too far in the story. if you are one of those (like i am some of time) then simply wait for the game to be done/complete.......

Gtdead

Jul 13, 2021
......i have resisted rolling my eyes at people complaining at things like this.....and i also confess that at times i've also been guilty of this kind of thing, until i remember that this game IS NOT COMPLETED......so honestly, START A NEW GAME EVERY TIME THERE'S AN UPDATE. yes, it's a slog and some of these games are HUGE! (especially if, like me, you HAVE to play LoM as a complete trilogy.....EVERY TIME......).....so please, PLEASE, just try to report any issues you come across, but PLEASE don't try one playthru/save for EVERY update, because some creators, like Droid, put out updates that ONLY add things in earlier parts of the story or change minigame mechanics or other stuff that you might miss if your save is too far in the story. if you are one of those (like i am some of time) then simply wait for the game to be done/complete.......
My playthrough was fresh and I started it yesterday.
Also I'm not sure what you are trying to communicate here. I'm not supposed to know if something is a bug or not when it's not clear cut and has to do with flow control, like the situation I described. So I'm reporting it here to get some feedback and notify the developer.

Instead of trying to not roll your eyes, how about you tell me if that's the expected behavior or it's indeed a bug?

Last edited:

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
This is a great game and a worthy successor to Love of Magic. I like the new combat design with the abilities-based approach, even if I enjoyed the poker minigame more in LoM.

After winning the first match, MC is supposed to be injured for a couple of days.
The problem is that he continues being injured for the rest of the game. Which means he can't train in the gym, can't do personal training / gain money etc, run in the tunnel etc.

Is this normal? At first I thought that the game will open more locations for MC to spend his time, but this never happened. So I expect this to be some odd bug.

Anyone has any ideas?
I've heard some people report it before, I need to see if it's consistent.

The flag NO_FIGHT should be set after the Ubekz fight, then cleared on the party night 2 days later. You can manually clear it if it's not happening, and I'll see wtf is going on.

Ctrl + J, sort flags (NO_FIGHT) and make sure it's uncheked.

Jun 13, 2018
Instead of trying to not roll your eyes, how about you tell me if that's the expected behavior or it's indeed a bug?
dude, like i said- nothing against you or your issue, i'm just tired of the way alot of people act like EVERY update MUST have no flaws/issues/bugs/etc, and i'm sorry if t seemed that i was picking on you in particular. i personally have never come accross that issue, so i have no clue of what's up. one thing i HAVE noticed though- pressing "ctrl" to fast forward through some scenes randomly will break the game, making you restart the game because even if you go back (by reloading a save/etc) it will break at the same spot......

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Droid Productions

Not sure how much "accuracy" you want to have in the game, or if anyone's mentioned this to you yet (a search didn't turn up anything), but the pistol the MC is using is not a Sig Sauer P226. It's a Beretta 92 in stainless steel, or a clone of some sort (there are a few).

Also : Needs more Molly. :sneaky:
Cool, will adapt. Obviously there's a limit to the number of guns available (the rifle's completely wrong), but in this case it's close enough I can adapt directly.

UnoriginalUserName

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2017
Cool, will adapt. Obviously there's a limit to the number of guns available (the rifle's completely wrong), but in this case it's close enough I can adapt directly.
(y)

Yeah, I can't really speak about the rifle. I've put a few thousand rounds through both the 92 (although not a flashy stainless one, lol) and the P226 though. It was a "Wait a minute..." moment.

Sorry to add to your workload, especially since it takes time away from potential Molly content additions (you sensing a theme here?). :sneaky: :LOL:

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Sorry to add to your workload, especially since it takes time away from potential Molly content additions (you sensing a theme here?). :sneaky: :LOL:
Nah, it's only mentioned once... easy enough to amend it to a Beretta M9 (I changed it from the 92, since Hua Long's people seem to use military gear). In general I wanted a more realistic approach to gunplay, it's part of the world being grittier and more realistic; you see that when the gun's used again, and also in Katie's gun-range sessions.

LadySmoks

Apr 21, 2020
dude, like i said- nothing against you or your issue, i'm just tired of the way alot of people act like EVERY update MUST have no flaws/issues/bugs/etc, and i'm sorry if t seemed that i was picking on you in particular. i personally have never come accross that issue, so i have no clue of what's up. one thing i HAVE noticed though- pressing "ctrl" to fast forward through some scenes randomly will break the game, making you restart the game because even if you go back (by reloading a save/etc) it will break at the same spot......
The thing is, Droid Productions is human, and could miss something. Perhaps a tiny something that is far from a game breaker, but... And being that the game isn't completed, it helps when people let him know about bugs, or whatever, now, so they can be corrected... before it's completed.

UnoriginalUserName

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2017
Nah, it's only mentioned once... easy enough to amend it to a Beretta M9 (I changed it from the 92, since Hua Long's people seem to use military gear). In general I wanted a more realistic approach to gunplay, it's part of the world being grittier and more realistic; you see that when the gun's used again, and also in Katie's gun-range sessions.
Fair enough, they're practically the same pistol. Technically the M9 doesn't come in a stainless (or INOX as Beretta likes to call it) version, but then the real world doesn't have vampires and demons and shit either (that we know of), so who's to say the game world has to be exactly the same. Go for flashy! :LOL:

Isn't the pistol name mentioned twice though? First when he initially receives it, then again when he gets Katie's?

Last edited:

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Fair enough, they're practically the same pistol. Technically the M9 doesn't come in a stainless (or INOX as Beretta likes to call it) version, but then the real world doesn't have vampires and demons and shit either (that we know of), so who's the say the game world has to be exactly the same. Go for flashy! :LOL:

Isn't the pistol name mentioned twice though? First when he initially receives it, then again when he gets Katie's?
Yupp. Easy enough to edit :D

Reactions: UnoriginalUserName

EricGrey

Nov 11, 2020
Well, I've finally gotten around to starting this, and so far, I'm loving it. A couple of thoughts after reading through the thread.

The underlying logic is inspired by the eternal hero mythos, the idea that a soul (or souls) can be destined to be reincarnated to fight for the good guys again and again.
I love this idea. I've always loved Moorcock's eternal champion books and I'm currently re-experiencing the Elric series via audiobook.

Yeah, Lin escaped plot-jail in the same way Bella did in LoM. She was never meant to have a speaking role, she was just one of the three girls in the gym that MC trains, to give some visual candy to look at. Instead she busted out and took off :)
and...

Others are of course new; Lin broke out of plot-jail and even made it to the banner. Mu Lau and Saffron, Saoe, Gabby, Katja and a number of others join the cast. The final Love of Magic cast was 87, if I recall, so it's only the ones I loved the most that made the jump.
Love that Lin broke free. Such a pretty kitten.

And now, one bug I found recently.

On Day 54, the morning of the 2nd round of the championship I was able to read on Duck duck how I kicked Surasak's ass before leaving the hotel and heading to the gym. Some reporter out there is prescient, I'm just saying.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Droid Productions

This keeps happening and not just after saying good night.
I said good night to her and went to the room and sleep and this pops up again when waking up, it also does it on other things but can't really remember.
Morningstar 2024-05-30 07-49-11-46.jpg

Will get screen shot again once it happens on the other.

4.90 star(s) 12 Votes