3.00 star(s) 18 Votes

Xorgroth

Modder
Oct 12, 2017
Finally downloaded it and it's for sure not the English version. Doesn't seem like there's English at all and it's packed really weird. Needs Java for some reason, I have no idea why either.

Reactions: Nocro32510

Veniat

Aug 15, 2017
My antivirus kept on throwing errors up on it, got it working and played it last night, now something random happened this afternoon and it's stopped working randomly.

I hate this developer, I'm a patron but I'm def waiting for someone to pirate the game just so I can play it.

Xorgroth

Modder
Oct 12, 2017
I got it working properly, says it's only the 0.12 version of the game unless they never updated that part of the QSP file. Either way, I'd steer clear of this release to be honest. I'll repack some stuff and edit this post for anyone who still wants to play it in Russian.

EDIT:
Ok, extract the file where you want but move the pic folder from the original game in assets/standalone_content to the assets/standalone_content folder of the 7-zip you just extracted. Then go back to the main folder and double-click MBF.exe and play, in Russian but half-yay.

EDIT2: Looked at their site and they managed to piss off pretty much all of their donators with the new player. So they may go back in the future to the old system or whatever. If not maybe someone can share the actual English qsp and can just bypass it with what I got. QSP is really hard to DRM, so whatever they're doing is just odd as hell.

Last edited:

Jomane

Jul 11, 2017
well it is decided never more will play that crap, paying to play on a pirated game it is ridiculous,
have understood it exist ways but to complicateds for me,I am not one pro on informatic.
Dasvidania Jerks.

Reactions: krkarr

Veniat

Aug 15, 2017
I got it working properly, says it's only the 0.12 version of the game unless they never updated that part of the QSP file. Either way, I'd steer clear of this release to be honest. I'll repack some stuff and edit this post for anyone who still wants to play it in Russian.

EDIT: Download me
Ok, extract the file where you want but move the pic folder from the original game in assets/standalone_content to the assets/standalone_content folder of the 7-zip you just extracted. Then go back to the main folder and double-click MBF.exe and play, in Russian but half-yay.

EDIT2: Looked at their site and they managed to piss off pretty much all of their donators with the new player. So they may go back in the future to the old system or whatever. If not maybe someone can share the actual English qsp and can just bypass it with what I got. QSP is really hard to DRM, so whatever they're doing is just odd as hell.
I think he encapsulated and encrypted the updated file in the executable, or downloads it as needed then injects it into the player. The new launchers pissed me off as a patron, I want to report him for it but I don't really want to ruin the game for everyone just cause of one shitty dev.

I assume someone will figure out how to remove the DRM, it's pretty pointless, the more you annoy someone with bad DRM the more people will try to bypass it as a challenge. It's why most games just don't bother with DRM anymore, so dumb.

Xorgroth

Modder
Oct 12, 2017
I think he encapsulated and encrypted the updated file in the executable, or downloads it as needed then injects it into the player. The new launchers pissed me off as a patron, I want to report him for it but I don't really want to ruin the game for everyone just cause of one shitty dev.

I assume someone will figure out how to remove the DRM, it's pretty pointless, the more you annoy someone with bad DRM the more people will try to bypass it as a challenge. It's why most games just don't bother with DRM anymore, so dumb.
From what they mention on the site, it seems like you have send them your email then they manually verify your email as a supporter then when you launch the game next time it checks that you're on the verified list and downloads whatever's required to play the game. So pretty much just need whatever it downloads to bypass it all. A lot of effort for something that could probably be bypassed fairly quick.

Veniat

Aug 15, 2017
From what they mention on the site, it seems like you have send them your email then they manually verify your email as a supporter then when you launch the game next time it checks that you're on the verified list and downloads whatever's required to play the game. So pretty much just need whatever it downloads to bypass it all. A lot of effort for something that could probably be bypassed fairly quick.
Yeah, I subbed up then a couple hours later I got an email. I got the game working after getting my antivirus to ignore the launcher, which was a pain cause he's doing a lot of weird linking that my antivirus absolutely hates with a passion. Went to play it earlier and I think the game did something weird again which my antivirus picked up as bad, so I had to delete everything and reinstall it again, which is massive pain in the ass, and now when I tried to decrypt it again the game started giving me a random error message in russian, and won't let me decrypt it.

God this developer is an idiot.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
Isn't this just the same protection "Son of a bitch" had? If you supported the game, you typed in your email to unlock it.

Miðgarðsormr

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2017
Which is kinda dumb. The assets used are not the devs in the first place. On the other hand what devs have bought their assets in the first place? :unsure:
But if you only want patreons to play and only patreons can play how do you get new customers to your project? They just see the page and think "awesome let's give this dude 5 bucks so i can play the game only to find out i don't like it. Can i have my 5 bucks back please?" NO!
Devs gotta gamble on the fact that the game has to be awesome from the start. (never played i wouldn't know)

From a business point of view this doesn't make much sense.
From a anti pirate point of view this makes alot of sense. But the irony of it is just to much for me. :ROFLMAO:

munkiepower

Aug 20, 2018
went on patreon and supported yesterday. today i see that i got a e-mail from them with a link downloaded and was following their startup directions until my computer detected a Trojan horse in the .exe file. can anyone tell me more about this? is this known and what do i do now? I dont dare opening it now

Miðgarðsormr

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2017
went on patreon and supported yesterday. today i see that i got a e-mail from them with a link downloaded and was following their startup directions until my computer detected a Trojan horse in the .exe file. can anyone tell me more about this? is this known and what do i do now? I dont dare opening it now
Run the file through your anti virus software. If it detects something that could be bullshit from the AV. You could also upload said file and ppl who know their stuff about malware take a look at it. But i suspect because it unlocks stuff or triggers a download your AV yells an alert to the screen.
I have programs for work who also trigger alerts but are absolutely harmless.

processer

Dec 2, 2017
I ran it successfully with old version MBF.exe, but the content is Russian. Please share an English qsp file, thx.

Sorter

Aug 11, 2017
So can someone please tell me if I just wasted my time downloading this game? How do I gain access to it? When I press the Get a License button it says Cannot run program. Where do I supposedly enter my email address?

Last edited:
Reactions: KFeing

Trailblazer69

May 18, 2021
My antivirus kept on throwing errors up on it, got it working and played it last night, now something random happened this afternoon and it's stopped working randomly.

I hate this developer, I'm a patron but I'm def waiting for someone to pirate the game just so I can play it.
Apparently their security system automatically banned you. The same thing happened to me when I tried to modify the game files to understand how the protection works. Just write to their email and tell them you don't know what happened. They will restore access to the game.

About the antivirus, I asked the developers and that's what they wrote:

After numerous hack attempts and heavy server load for the same reason we had to encrypt the executable exe file from decompilation. A software package which performs this operation completely removes the digital signature of an executable file and along with it a part of the code containing information about the file type and its content. Many antiviruses react to this and mark the file as potentially dangerous (some as a trojan, some as a malware object).
In fact, the exe file is completely clean and won't cause any harm to your PC. Moreover, the information exchange system with our server is fully encrypted and we get only numerically lettered user identification.
Starting from 0.18 we will solve this problem.
For now you need to turn off your antimalware system in order to run the game.
I also came to the conclusion that they use a modified QSP engine. I think they even wrote somewhere that it is called LustGEN or something like that. According to my observations, the information received after the connection to the server is loaded into RAM and then executed. But this is only my guess.

3.00 star(s) 18 Votes