Mr.Dots New Game, Sunshine Love Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 18, 2019
About the new character

The character in the previews below is the female-MC’s "best friend".

She’s eighteen years old, a keen surfer, and is currently studying at college. Her intention is to also help your friend with the running of the hotel.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

She's a lot shorter than the MC. She's 152cm tall or 5 feet tall. FMC calls her Shortcake because she's short, sweet, and adorable! :p
She is perfect. Maybe one idea. She is described as a keen surfer. Perhaps its just me, but her hairstyle could look more wild. Maybe just without the pony and longer hair. open or as tail. Maybe even give her a scar or something since she is doing sports and right now she looks more like if she isn't doing dangerous sports ^^

Also maybe even resemble it with the clothes or something. What about a surfer necklace or ankle bracelet (you know wood and beige, maybe some turqouse, blue or green, shark tooth, pearls/beads,... or whatever^^) Maybe it's too cliche but I think it would bring her character out more.

Last edited:

Jeff Steel

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
She is perfect. Maybe one idea. She is described as a keen surfer. Perhaps its just me, but her hairstyle could look more wild. Maybe just without the pony and longer hair. open or as tail. Maybe even give her a scar or something since she is doing sports and right now she looks more like if she isn't doing dangerous sports ^^

Also maybe even resemble it with the clothes or something. What about a surfer necklace or ankle bracelet (you know wood and beige, maybe some turqouse, blue or green, shark tooth, pearls/beads,... or whatever^^) Maybe it's too cliche but I think it would bring her character out more.
Good ideas - though right now she’s a little based on Gidget. Somewhat, with differences.

Hadley

Sep 18, 2017
Seriously, why even bother with this "Landlady", "Roommate" crap? Even the American Prudes at Patreon know that "Landlady" just means Mother...

Reactions: botc76

jish55

Nov 23, 2017
Damn, I lost the bet in thinking Dots was going to use the same models again XD. I'm honestly glad he's not though since the models look amazing.

Les_Riggs

Oct 19, 2017
Damn, I lost the bet in thinking Dots was going to use the same models again XD. I'm honestly glad he's not though since the models look amazing.
I think it was mentioned somewhere (probably the discord) that he always intended to move from Genesis 3 models to Genesis 8 with this new game. You can already see the difference with these early previews.

Maldus

Donor
Mar 28, 2017
SL Development Update 4 - New Character Unveiled Today!

Hello to all our fans and supporters!

As promised, we are today unveiling our fourth character in our forthcoming release for Sunshine Love (a little earlier than scheduled).

As we have mentioned previously, there will be a variety of different female characters that will feature throughout this new VN.
Therefore, it gives us a better chance of providing a character that might be suited more to your specific tastes, interests, desires, etc

We also mentioned in our post last week that we will reveal a new character each week, up until just before the first version of Sunshine Love is released.

About our new character
The character in the previews below is the female-MC’s "landlady", who we have named “Ashley”.
You will be able to rename her to a name of your choosing when she appears in the game.
So have a good think about the name that you would like to give her ;)
(Feel free to post a name that you might consider for “Ashley” in the comments section.)
She is in her early-40s, and is the previous owner of the hotel B and B that your “childhood friend” now co-owns. Ashley also used to be in a relationship with your father, but they were never married.
A younger version of “Ashley” also features in the early parts of this visual novel, so you will get to see both a younger and older version of her ;)
You will get to learn more about this character very early on in the game, what her strengths and weaknesses are, and how she could aid or maybe even hinder your chances of bringing more business to the hotel.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
About your recent donations

As most of you are well aware of by now, we have been raising money for Wildlife Victoria in Australia. Your very kind donations to the Victorian bushfire appeal will be distributed to wildlife shelters and carers, to help rebuild enclosures and equipment that they have lost in the recent Australian bushfires.

In return for your donation ($5+), we will provide you with a download link and a zip file that contains pictures of the character from our first game, and some of Melody as well. The set has a very Australian theme to it. ;)

You can view our donation page to Wildlife Victoria here:

Over the weekend, we surpassed $1,000 in donations from you, our incredible supporters!

We've had nearly 200 people donate to the cause so far, with the most being a very generous $50 donation!

Feedback

So anyways, please leave us your thoughts, feedback and constructive criticism about our new character previews, or anything to do with the new game, in the comments section below.

Thanks to all you guys (and girls) that have posted up messages and suggestions on our various pages over the past few weeks.

We’re still going through them all and we’ll do our very best to include these ideas into this new VN wherever we can.

And if we don’t, then we will consider them for our other current game or any VN’s that we create in the future ;)

SL v0.1 will be released in late-March, with an exact release date to be posted up soon.

Be sure to check back with us next week for our fourth character preview, as well as more details about the release of Sunshine Love!

Have a great day!

Mrdots.

IMPORTANT: I won't be online next week, so if I don't respond to your questions or PM that's why :) If you have any important issues to report or discuss, please go to the Unofficial Discord channel here:

Pantisocrat

Jul 3, 2017
I like her a lot - two thumbs way, way up - but you're going to get complaints that she 'looks the same age' as the first female MC. I say ignore them, but I say that because I've kind of half written off the first female MC anyway - like I said, a recurring feature of Mr Dots' games is that I prefer the side girls. The headline is I like this one, she's good.

Reactions: Rythan25

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
I like the overall profile of her, but her face looks off to me. The marks between her eyes are weird, they show age but the rest of her face is young. Like she is halfway between a sister and a mom character. Her rounder face makes her look younger too.

Watcher X

Dec 26, 2017
Zzzzzzzzzzzz....

Why am I not inspired by any of these characters? Melody was a crap story but at least all the characters looked interesting. So far all of these new ones have this fake, plastic feel to them. This 'landlady' looks like the result of what a computer would spit out if you input every man's idealised female physical dimensions. She screams 'Barbie doll!'. All the girls in Mr Dots previous games had a real look to them. Yes even D.

The games setting doesn't look very interesting either. All I can say is, the game-play better knock my socks off or I'm out.

Yuri L

Apr 28, 2017
I suggested to MDots a kenetic VN with manipulatable locations at points, something like in Heavy Rain.
You must mean something else since a Kinetic VN means a VN with no choices. I'm guessing you mean a VN with adventure game type of hot spots to click for things that the user can interact with in various ways.

Reactions: Jeff Steel

Jeff Steel

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
Zzzzzzzzzzzz....

Why am I not inspired by any of these characters? Melody was a crap story but at least all the characters looked interesting. So far all of these new ones have this fake, plastic feel to them. This 'landlady' looks like the result of what a computer would spit out if you input every man's idealised female physical dimensions. She screams 'Barbie doll!'. All the girls in Mr Dots previous games had a real look to them. Yes even D.

The games setting doesn't look very interesting either. All I can say is, the game-play better knock my socks off or I'm out.
I would just skip it. Not worth the risk of you wasting your time.

Jeff Steel

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
You must mean something else since a Kinetic VN means a VN with no choices. I'm guessing you mean a VN with adventure game type of hot spots to click for things that the user can interact with in various ways.
You are correct. You would think with such a beautiful word, like kenetic, we wouldn’t have leashed it to VN and come up with it meaning no choices.

Reactions: Yuri L
Status
Not open for further replies.