Fan Art Ms.Denvers Fan Art Thread

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
Is there a list of the morphs and assets that I need to load the dufs files into daz?
For "Wanda", these are the assets I downloaded. I am still missing some, but this was enough for the render I just posted. Not really in the mood to hunt down every parasite listed. There's only ONE I seen listed that I think is important to her appearance I couldn't find... otherwise... here's what I used for her...

Wanda (G8F) Assets
Character:
Head: Rose HD and Expressions for Genesis 8 Female & Ryleigh HD for Genesis 8 Female (I'm sure I am missing one more)
Hair:

Misc Morphs:

Noemi HD & Smile HD Expression for Genesis 8 Female
200 Plus Head and Face Morphs Bundle for Genesis 8 Female(s) and Male(s)
Killer Legs 2.0 Morphs for Genesis 8 Female

Bellerose HD for Genesis 8 Female
Super Curves Remastered - G8 and 8.1 Female

And, as I said, there's definitely a couple more I missed, but after all this... I had enough and proceeded to do my own thing, disabling a pile of these in the end; most weren't used, so not sure why they were attached, and a lot were needless and there were better built in DAZ options, but I digress.

Maybe someone else can fill in details of anything I missed. I documented all I found.
There is also the way of just loading the .duf file and copying the text in the pop-up box when warning of missing assets. I typically copy and then paste that list in Notepad++ then go through line by line to see what assets those are before loading it into my "FULL" DAZ library.

I also found an interesting side effect of directly editing the .duf file. Apparently, DAZ does not load the entire .duf file in one pass. I recieved a .duf that was full of parasite morphs (>100). I edited out all of the entries in the "modifiers" section of the .duf, simply deleting those sections. Well, when you subsequently load that .duf file the first pop-up box only listed a couple of entries that I had missed while editing. Then after you hit the OK button the rest of the .duf file loaded and all the entries I did not edit in the "annimations" section at the bottom popped up in the second warning box (100+).

Just thought that behavior was interesting.

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
There is also the way of just loading the .duf file and copying the text in the pop-up box when warning of missing assets. I typically copy and then paste that list in Notepad++ then go through line by line to see what assets those are before loading it into my "FULL" DAZ library.

I also found an interesting side effect of directly editing the .duf file. Apparently, DAZ does not load the entire .duf file in one pass. I recieved a .duf that was full of parasite morphs (>100). I edited out all of the entries in the "modifiers" section of the .duf, simply deleting those sections. Well, when you subsequently load that .duf file the first pop-up box only listed a couple of entries that I had missed while editing. Then after you hit the OK button the rest of the .duf file loaded and all the entries I did not edit in the "annimations" section at the bottom popped up in the second warning box (100+).

Just thought that behavior was interesting.
I found that when it gives you the first warning of what is missing, if you don't click okay, but rather, find and install the missing files, you can then click okay and it will find what you just installed and load them.

I plan to test for parasite morphs and such by just loading in the default Genesis 8 female, then saving her as a scene subset with zero changes. And then maybe examining her duf to see what was added. Or even temporarily remove the G8F Morph folder so it is ALL missing and see what all comes up in that first initial warning.

Reactions: Old Dog

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
I found that when it gives you the first warning of what is missing, if you don't click okay, but rather, find and install the missing files, you can then click okay and it will find what you just installed and load them.

I plan to test for parasite morphs and such by just loading in the default Genesis 8 female, then saving her as a scene subset with zero changes. And then maybe examining her duf to see what was added. Or even temporarily remove the G8F Morph folder so it is ALL missing and see what all comes up in that first initial warning.
Yep, that is how I have built my "Complete" DAZ library, find the missing parts, load the missing parts, then continue loading the .duf. But I have multiple libraries, after I build a morph specific to a character, I move it to my Fan Art Library, that is basically stripped of almost all character morphs. All my Fan Art scenes are built with this second library.

I have searched the DAZ forums for quite some time and there are no good answers why some morphs act as parasites. The ones that add themselves and actually change models can be fixed, but all those that simple add zero values to the .duf files, seems that either no one knows how to fix them or no one cares. Uninstalling seems to be the only soluition at the moment.

Reactions: Night Hacker

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
Yep, that is how I have built my "Complete" DAZ library, find the missing parts, load the missing parts, then continue loading the .duf. But I have multiple libraries, after I build a morph specific to a character, I move it to my Fan Art Library, that is basically stripped of almost all character morphs. All my Fan Art scenes are built with this second library.

I have searched the DAZ forums for quite some time and there are no good answers why some morphs act as parasites. The ones that add themselves and actually change models can be fixed, but all those that simple add zero values to the .duf files, seems that either no one knows how to fix them or no one cares. Uninstalling seems to be the only soluition at the moment.
Yup. I backed up my morphs folder to another drive, then deleted all the added morphs from Daz. I then gradually add them back in from my backup as needed, and this way I have found quite a few parasite morphs that were added to my own creations and I have a separate text file noting which ones NEVER to load again.

So far I have the following on my list...

Code:
/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/RFem/Ana B9/Analeine.dsf
/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/xenic101/Musculature/Flex/xFLXCollarUpR.dsf
/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/xenic101/Musculature/FlexAlt/xFLXAltCollarUpR.dsf
/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/Zev0/Breast Control/Nipples Size.dsf
/data/Daz 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/Marcius/Leia/LeiaEyeFixLeft.dsf
/data/Daz 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/Marcius/Leia/LeiaEyeFixRight.dsf

Reactions: Krull

Old Dog

Formerly 'Old Sea Dog'
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
Hey Old Dog, this is one of the better renders I have seen you do, the lighting is so much better. The characters have more POP! And the shadows look good too.

I am always amazed at the scenes you create. You have a lot more creativity than I do.
Thanks.
The fun part was adjusting the pose because as you know they always need adjusting.
I have one more scene to do.
I thought that somebody would of noticed the easter egg I left in the render.

Krull

Retired
GFX Designer
Donor
Respected User
Feb 1, 2017
Sexy.
Oops
Dam you Krull :ROFLMAO: I messed up
You are only human, old doggie, erm well kinda; is ok, no harm done.:ROFLMAO:

Hello Krull,
first of all may I wish you a happy new year, hope you are doing well and wow, what great artworks you are posting here in the Ms. Denver thread... Thanks for that and they look great!
Happy New Year! to you too and everyone, may it be a good year and filled with joy.
Thank you, i'm the newb here thou, but since Old Dog posted those templates files and i had daz recently reinstalled for a side experimentation in another area, i said i give back a little for the kind gesture.
And speaking of kind gestures, i found this site with free HDRis that you might find useful:
Code:
https://polyhaven.com/hdris

Last edited:
Reactions: Lanxorn and Old Dog
5.00 star(s) 2 Votes