Mayrun

Feb 12, 2019
So, basically what I'm seeing is that someone made a lewd MUGEN fighting game, decided to simply name it after the engine, and is now taking credit for all this work done by other people to make money? Well, hope nobody feels any guilt for taking this for free. Especially considering that MUGEN is free in the first place...
No he didn't. Redflash doesn't advertise his work outside of twitter and always links back to his blog where he has multiple disclaimers and guides to what exactly MUGEN is, how it works and links to other MUGEN repositories. As such he never saw fit to name his collection of contributions, because it wasn't suppose to exist outside his blog and patreon where everyone knows he didn't create the engine. You wish to blame someone, blame this site for their titling conventions and not thinking of a way to pass this information along.

You would've known this if you read the thread because this is the 3rd time I've had to explain this, but no, you just had to jump right to the end and start firing accusations without any of the context.

happablap

Dec 7, 2018
So, basically what I'm seeing is that someone made a lewd MUGEN fighting game, decided to simply name it after the engine, and is now taking credit for all this work done by other people to make money? Well, hope nobody feels any guilt for taking this for free. Especially considering that MUGEN is free in the first place...
Good luck finding those bottom animations and compability anywhere else. He MADE them, try dropping in any lewd character with ddc or any of the redflash bottoms with a top and realise that theres no compability. They usually just have the "doggy" animation.

Shilou

Donor
Nov 26, 2018
Hey everyone here is October's Update, premade Mugen below!

PLEASE NOTE!!! This is the last update for characters made by Redflash for MUGEN. He has stopped support for this engine and is making a new game.

Redflash said:
OCT 4, 2020 AT 4:27 PM
Mugen October Update

This is the last update for mugen, from now on, the mugen updates will be replaced with content from the new game.

*Some of the characters were removed but the files are still there, if you really want them ingame, you can manually add them.
Windows (.exe):

Enjoy! \^o^/

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

MODS: Please mark abandoned.

Wayne

Life's pretty Straight without twisties
Donor
Nov 16, 2016
M.U.G.E.N is a freeware 2D fighting game engine designed by Elecbyte, written in C with the Allegro library. The engine was originally released in July 17, 1999. Beta versions of it were made to work on DOS, Linux and Windows platforms, distributed through their website. The engine allows users to insert created characters, background stages, and other game objects through interpreted text files, graphics, and sound compilations to create a functioning fighting game similar to commercial games. While the engine is set up primarily for fighting game development, several other game types have been developed using it, including shooter and platform style games. Officially, Elecbyte claims to have forgotten what the acronym M.U.G.E.N stood for, but the readme documentation states that its meaning referred to the days when the engine was meant to emulate shooting games as opposed to fighting games.

The development of the DOS version ceased when Elecbyte switched to the Linux platform in November 2001. For a time, Elecbyte had posted a request for donations on their site to legally obtain a Windows compiler to make a Windows version of M.U.G.E.N. However, the development group discontinued the project in 2003 and shut down their site. One version for Windows, WinM.U.G.E.N, circulates on the internet. The website resurfaced in 2007 with a FAQ, though it has not been updated since. Only the software itself is part of Elecbyte's license, so creations such as characters and stages for use with M.U.G.E.N are covered.Elecbyte itself has not made a public statement since 2003, when they stated that the project had "hit a snag".

TeamHentaiX

The Dark Side loves Da Booty + Naughty OoOooo
Uploader
Game Developer
Sep 20, 2017
Wow Mugen Abandon hehe thats a first mmm :eek::cool:

ejmuerte

Sep 24, 2018
Hey everyone here is October's Update, premade Mugen below!

PLEASE NOTE!!! This is the last update for characters made by Redflash for MUGEN. He has stopped support for this engine and is making a new game.

Windows (.exe):
MEGA

Enjoy! \^o^/

MODS: Please mark abandoned.
really?? what new game is he planning now?? any future announcements on his new game?

Mayrun

Feb 12, 2019
really?? what new game is he planning now?? any future announcements on his new game?
He hasn't said much, just that he is building everything from the ground up with the help of others and that DDC appears to be the protagonist.

Shilou

Donor
Nov 26, 2018
Here are some posts, the one from September 24th was a poll that started it.

The new game Cervius Game will be made in Godot over RPGM.
Redflash said:
SEP 24, 2020 AT 10:55 PM
Important announcement and Poll

Summary: Some characters will be fully dropped (Characters removed from mugen and changed to be adapted for Pal(Megaman and Lan) I am making a poll to know if I should drop Mugen to make a new sprite based game with the contests from Pal and improve upon that idea. Cervius will be the main character of this new game.

So, it's been a lot on my mind lately and now I gotta ask you guys about it since it's important and will be impacting my supporters. Basically, what I'm thinking of doing is making a "new" game and dropping work on Mugen for now. There are two main reasons for this. The first is that I'd like to try something else, and the other is because I want to drop some of its content completely. Before I get into the former reason and idea, let me talk about the latter. Personally, I've never enjoyed too much working on that kind of content, so I'd rather stop before people ask me more and more for it. Those characters also kind of risky to be working on and I'd rather be safe than sorry. (It's why Lan and Megaman look more mature and I plan on adding to Megaman some more in Pal.)
Now, about Mugen, I would not completely remove that kind of content from patreon and all that. Quite on the contrary, I plan to keep on making sprite animations and I have the perfect idea for it. This idea would be to make another RPG Maker based game, however, this time, it would be solely focused on the "contest" part of Palestra. Also, whatever the new game may be, I plan to have Cervius as the main character expand upon him.
Now, if you guys absolutely want to keep Mugen, some changes will have to be made. I will be removing and stop working on some of the characters (Pit, Erile, Megaman at the very least).
I think this sum what I wanted to talk about and now, you get to vote!
*Do note that for the future version of Mugen and the Free version, the previously mentioned characters will still be removed
Redflash said:
SEP 27, 2020 AT 9:58 PM

Palestra, Cervius Game project and blog post

The blog was updated with information on what will be removed from the next Mugen version next week:

Mugen and Patreon reward changes for now:
This month is a really odd month for me because the announcement from a few days ago is throwing everything off balance. To start things off, since this is a new project, I need to give it much more time than I usually would compared to Mugen in order to create a solid base. Doing this will allow me to later push out better monthly updates. My goal would be to release a mock up of the gameplay loop somewhere in November.
In the meantime, the Mugen polls will be replaced with Polls for the Cervius Game Project (with the first one starting in a few minutes). Mugen updates will also be replaced with special previews for some of the stuff coming for the new game (may it be animations, portraits, backgrounds, etc.) After the next small (and last) Mugen update comes out next week, I will be changing the Patreon rewards to reflect those changes. Also, do note that since I am spending a huge amount of time on the new game, it will also significantly reduce the scope of the Palestra updates for this month and probably next month.

Palestra:
This week, I didn't have much time to work on Palestra but I did do a few things. Since Palestra will be affected by all the work I have to do on the new game, the new update will mainly consists of new outfits, portrait reworks and random events. I hope you understand why I can't keep those updates as big as usual for now ><.

Cervius Game Project:
This project is what I've spent the bulk of the week working on (about 14 to 16 hours a day lol, if you're interested, my Picarto is always up )
For the last few days, I've been creating documents to detail the game and doing tutorials for a new game engine. Contrary to what I first thought, Cervius's game will be made in Godot, not RPG Maker MV. Why the change in engine? Because the game will also be much better than what I first envisioned :p. Thankfully, I am being helped by two other patrons who are more knowledgeable than I am about the program and we can all thank them for that because it will make the initial work much faster and easier (I'm not sure they want to be named so I won't for now just in case).
I can't share too much right now about the gameplay and all that because we're still ironing out details, but I should have more to share in the coming weeks. Also, do not worry, my goal with this game will still be to make sprite animations on a monthly basis.
Among all this information, there is something I can share now, and this is the first character that will appear in the game:
As I mentioned in the comments under the poll a few days ago, I would prefer not to use licensed characters for the new game. Instead, I would prefer to make original characters based on some of those character or make entirely characters (or use some of my already existing OCs like Ragna, Clef, ect.) The set of portraits for the hero above (dressed, underwear, naked, aroused) will be available to 5$ patrons (along maybe with a tiny animation on his dick for the aroused portrait haha)
Once I am more at ease with the state of the game, I plan to have patrons choose which characters will be used as a base to create a new original hero character :). I hope you look forward to this new idea because I had a lot of fun making this character. Any feedback on the character is welcome!
This has been a lot of information for this week and I want to keep some for later. For now, I will leave you guys with a poll to decide on this new character's name! :p
The name Soren won the poll.
Redflash said:
SEP 27, 2020 AT 10:01 PM
Pick a Name Poll

This poll will help me decide the name for our first new hero:
If you need a little bit more information about him before picking a name, here are some tidbits:
World: Radian
Virtue: Temperance
Short description: He is the descendant of two legendary heroes and takes pride in that. He is a free adventurer often called upon by the royals due to his numerous achievements and is considered a genius knight in his kingdom. He can use the power of light and wields a legendary blade he treats as his faithful companion. He is an enthusiast hero who will leap to protect others in the face of danger. He also has his lazy side as he loves to lie down near the coast and rest while listening to the sound of the sea.
Redflash said:
OCT 4, 2020 AT 4:54 PM
Cervius Game October Content

In this first content package, I included the portraits for Soren and Cervius as well as an animation example, there is no background but you can see the resolution of the sprites which will be really close to what it was in mugen but with a bit more quality. The resolution for those pixel animations now matches what I use in Palestra.

• Wow
Reactions: Selg and ejmuerte

Shilou

Donor
Nov 26, 2018
I'll get another thread started for the new game once the first version is released. :]

• Love
Reactions: ejmuerte

ejmuerte

Sep 24, 2018
so this cervius game project, that character hero has a mix of sora and link lol xD, i wonder how lewd is he.

and im confused the second part on Palestra.... is he still going to continue updating the game???

Godot engine has a nice stable game engine so far than unity because unity is not good for stable engine unless if you keep updating the unity engine.

Shilou

Donor
Nov 26, 2018
so this cervius game project, that character hero has a mix of sora and link lol xD, i wonder how lewd is he.

and im confused the second part on Palestra.... is he still going to continue updating the game???
That's what I thought too lol, though I really love the design.

Palestra will be the main game he'll be making, updates won't stop anytime soon. This new Cervius Game is more of a side project like how MUGEN was. It will focus on the "contest" element of Palestra. I'm assuming the contest battles with new NPCs in Godot. He has said that characters in Cervius Game will not be included in Palestra.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: ejmuerte

YoichiYukimura

Apr 29, 2019
That's what I thought too lol, though I really love the design.

Palestra will be the main game he'll be making, updates won't stop anytime soon. This new Cervius Game is more of a side project like how MUGEN was. It will focus on the "contest" element of Palestra. I'm assuming the contest battles with new NPCs in Godot. He has said that characters in Cervius Game will not be included in Palestra.
Well one thing about the new game got me hyped, the animation is way better, this way we can have a lot more detail than before

Untamed

Mar 8, 2018
Can we give this a different name?
This isn't Mugen, this is someone's collection of Mugen fighters.
Call it something like RedFlash's Mugen

4.50 star(s) 2 Votes