2.60 star(s) 5 Votes

Takanao

Donor
Aug 31, 2019
I get the worried feeling that with so many people going "Dude I know this is totally oxopotion look the style is similar and so is their icon and everything else", if it IS oxopotion, it might freak them out enough to quit again for fear of people irl discovering he still does NSFW content. (There'd have to be a reason why he wouldn't just go back to using his old name, right? Going "omg it's him it's him it's totally him" despite the identity change would make the whole thing rather pointless.)

If it isn't oxopotion, it may give the creator a really bad case of "Your stuff looks way too similar to this other person's content", which might upset them. Learning that your style isn't all that unique and that people have done it before to the point you're constantly mistaken for somebody else by every other person that notices your work might tear apart some people's self-esteem, especially if they're new to this whole thing.

And I'd hate for everyone to turn out to be entirely wrong and an up-and-coming NSFW content creator quits because people have:
A. Mistaken them for someone else
B. Forced that person's standards of quality onto a new artist (e.g: seeing this person's work and going "Wow, oxopotion did this SO much better before, what the hell happened to his talent???")

TL;DR: even if you believe 100% for a fact that LiquidOwl is actually Oxopotion under a new name, maybe it'd be better safe than sorry if we at least pretended it's someone new, for now? That way, if it does turn out to actually be a brand new artist that just looks like Oxopotion's stuff (Which has happened, plenty of people have artstyles inspired by older artists), nobody winds up with egg on their face or ends up disappointed to discover that Oxopotion still hasn't come back.

Last edited:

SukebeDude

Jul 27, 2017
I get the worried feeling that with so many people going "Dude I know this is totally oxopotion look the style is similar and so is their icon and everything else", if it IS oxopotion, it might freak them out enough to quit again for fear of people irl discovering he still does NSFW content. (There'd have to be a reason why he wouldn't just go back to using his old name, right? Going "omg it's him it's him it's totally him" despite the identity change would make the whole thing rather pointless.)

If it isn't oxopotion, it may give the creator a really bad case of "Your stuff looks way too similar to this other person's content", which might upset them. Learning that your style isn't all that unique and that people have done it before to the point you're constantly mistaken for somebody else by every other person that notices your work might tear apart some people's self-esteem, especially if they're new to this whole thing.

And I'd hate for everyone to turn out to be entirely wrong and an up-and-coming NSFW content creator quits because people have:
A. Mistaken them for someone else
B. Forced that person's standards of quality onto a new artist (e.g: seeing this person's work and going "Wow, oxopotion did this SO much better before, what the hell happened to his talent???")

TL;DR: even if you believe 100% for a fact that LiquidOwl is actually Oxopotion under a new name, maybe it'd be better safe than sorry if we at least pretended it's someone new, for now? That way, if it does turn out to actually be a brand new artist that just looks like Oxopotion's stuff (Which has happened, plenty of people have artstyles inspired by older artists), nobody winds up with egg on their face or ends up disappointed to discover that Oxopotion still hasn't come back.
It's an inevitable comparison, assuming it's not Oxopotion it's still very clearly heavily inspired by Poke Abby.
Personally, even if all the evidence would point at them being same person, i'm going to operate under the assumption it's not the same person until it's officially confirmed one way or the other, for the same reasons you argued.

pluto4473

Feb 10, 2018
Do any of you know why I no longer hear the girl's voice?
is it a bug or did I disable it by pressing some key?

Placebo00

Jan 3, 2019
This is strangely adorable lol

Wonder how far this one gets, or what the plans are for the future at least. And for the record; No, i have no clue who Oxopotion is, or Pokke Abby for that matter...

zackattack64

Jun 5, 2019
Poke Abby but furry, less animations and suspiciously similar animations to Oxopotion's.

This is strangely adorable lol

Wonder how far this one gets, or what the plans are for the future at least. And for the record; No, i have no clue who Oxopotion is, or Pokke Abby for that matter...
Google "Poke Abby". It used to be free but Oxo changed his mind and made it donation-only. You can still find a few free copies online. It's way better than this edition and way more polished.

Takanao

Donor
Aug 31, 2019
Poke Abby but furry, less animations and suspiciously similar animations to Oxopotion's.

Google "Poke Abby". It used to be free but Oxo changed his mind and made it donation-only. You can still find a few free copies online. It's way better than this edition and way more polished.
"Suspiciously similar"

"This edition"

You seem to be making the mistake of assuming that this is just Oxopotion under a different name, which is something I warned about literally on this very same page of this thread.

You know people can be inspired by other people's art styles and make things based off such, right?

ATEX3D

Dec 12, 2022
Judging by this old GIF posted by oxopotion on tumblr, it could very well be him.
No need to go into details if it's really him or not tbh, but if it's really him, I'm glad such a great artist/dev has made a comeback. :)
His style really inspired me years ago when I first discovered "Poke Abby" and made a huge impact! His artstyle can easily be replicated and it's something I'm very keen to approach in my asset creation pipeline, because as a solo dev, assets can be quite time consuming.

Only time will tell who it really is, but it warms my heart that even if it's not him, his legacy lives on and people still appreciate his style to this day. :)

oxocat.gif

anonsquid

Dec 6, 2020
I keep getting a fatal error relating to il2cpp when trying to run this game through wine, has anyone else experienced anything similar or is it just a wine issue?

Poneman

Dec 21, 2022
I dunno, man. I set up a clean 64-bit windows prefix using Playonlinux, set it to Proton 7.10 GE, unzipped Mura, and it just worked. It was briefly under Wine 6.14 because PoL doesn't want to create a prefix using my manually installed wine versions, so maybe try that, too?
You might also try testing the zip file to make sure you haven't got a broken zip. Mine is Mura_the_Maid_1.3.1.zip at 162389206 bytes exactly.

2.60 star(s) 5 Votes