Others Completed Mushi no Kangoku [v0.71b] [Mr. 183]

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

mahavv

Feb 18, 2019
A user on ULMF already translated the 0.71 content:

Though it only translates what got added in 0.71. So if you want a "full translation", you would have to keep 2 separate versions.
Yeah I guess I should have said full translation, I already have the first one and the 2nd leads to a dead link. Sucks that updates bork the translation but at least there's still the one for 0.70

monomulti

Jan 13, 2018
Yeah I guess I should have said full translation, I already have the first one and the 2nd leads to a dead link.
What do you mean it leads to a dead link? The one I linked still has the mega up.
A full translation is essentially already available. Based off what the translator said, it would require many hours of work to carry over the 0.70 translation. So it's either that or the user just takes a minute to switch versions.

mahavv

Feb 18, 2019
What do you mean it leads to a dead link? The one I linked still has the mega up.
A full translation is essentially already available. Based off what the translator said, it would require many hours of work to carry over the 0.70 translation. So it's either that or the user just takes a minute to switch versions.
Was referring to the 2 mega links, though the 2nd apparently is old content. It's all good, was just wondering if somebody bothered to carry over the translation to 0.71 since it's been 2 years and couldn't find an answer, cheers (y)

BakaBaka121

Mar 20, 2020
Any hopes for 0.71 translation?
It actually is translated on ulmf. Sadly its isolated so you either get the 0.71 TL scenes or you stay with 0.70 for the full TL.

Basically you gotta play the rest of the game in JP but the new 0.71 scenes will be translated in that version.
Must say, some of the scenes were worth it.

Aug 24, 2019
Both of the Mega downloads are the same file. Is that meant to be?
I'm getting the same thing, both files are the same, there is no CardWirth.exe.
Edit: looks like some links got mixed up. Use this one it's in the second list, 3'rd one over.
It has the files we need!

Last edited:
Reactions: SpiderPsycho

f9account

Engaged Member
Mar 20, 2020
It actually is translated on ulmf. Sadly its isolated so you either get the 0.71 TL scenes or you stay with 0.70 for the full TL.

Basically you gotta play the rest of the game in JP but the new 0.71 scenes will be translated in that version.
Must say, some of the scenes were worth it.
May we please get a description of some of these scenes?

BakaBaka121

Mar 20, 2020
May we please get a description of some of these scenes?
If i remember correctly, one of them is a hornet/bee scene which is pretty standard quality. The other is a banana scene which is absolutely top tier and simply worth installing that patch for. Especially love the bit where the banana comes to life and entirely crawls inside her.

f9account

Engaged Member
Mar 20, 2020
If i remember correctly, one of them is a hornet/bee scene which is pretty standard quality. The other is a banana scene which is absolutely top tier and simply worth installing that patch for. Especially love the bit where the banana comes to life and entirely crawls inside her.
Thanks!! You wouldn't happen to have a save game near said banana, would you? Or even advice on how to get there?

CrusherD

Sep 2, 2021
The game was a total failure because of the system, very unfriendly to many users even with the guide. I would say the CGs are great but the system it runs sucks. Since the developer already spent so much on CGs (which is the most expensive and time-consuming part), why use a UI system that totally sucks and ruin the playing experience

monomulti

Jan 13, 2018
Since the developer already spent so much on CGs (which is the most expensive and time-consuming part), why use a UI system that totally sucks and ruin the playing experience
I doubt CardWirth was chosen for the ui. For whatever reason, this creator chose CardWirth as the engine. It could be that it's relatively easy to create a game in for someone without a programming background.
The other big "artist friendly" engine is RPGMaker. However, making a game in that requires some sprites and tilesets while CardWirth is just a simple point and click.
Also, the way the scenes are animated in CardWirth are by rapidly showing a sequence of frames while playing sounds at specific points. Some frames are looped a few times but it regularly changes in speed, sounds, frames, etc. This might not be something RPGMaker is capable of. Generally I only see simple looped animations with a looped sound effect, but that could just be having not as much effort put in.

Reactions: f9account

ZedTed

Sep 24, 2017
card wirth is ancient and clunky, but art is top notch. are there more of this genre (bug/insect/parasite oviposition)?
In terms of games dedicated to this genre, not really: some games have some oviposition but its more of a side thing. Only a few come to mind at the moment:
Cyclet -
Cyclet -

Nothing else really pops into my mind other than some (mostly) text based games with oviposition as a side feature.

You would be better off looking for CGs and doujins, here are a few with great style:
(the person who made this game)

(Their 3 earliest translated works are what you are looking for)
(A classic, but their page is completely clogged with 10 different translations of every doujin)
(Very good content wise, less-so art wise)

There are a few more I didn't list but you will come across them. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 3 Votes