Nograzie

Jun 22, 2023
I had that same thing happen to me during my playthrough, its weird. For some context that is not something that has ever happened on my main game files version of the game, but this Beta 1 version was made by me downloading the version that was already compiled and online, adding the patches to it, playing through it, finding 3 more bugs and fixing those, then recompiling it and uploading it again. I was able to get it to go away though by I think going into a battle winning then leaving the merc group, and it didnt pop up again. Though I fail to see how that graphical bug would cause you to not be able to progress in the story? Its a visual element of a screen. It does not make it so buttons can not be pressed, or you can not traverse the world or continue the story? Are you saying if you save that it stays there forever for you? Like I said I was able to get it go away just by going into another battle. Its basically a bug where the code should be removing it. It seems to be some sort of artifact that is brought up by either A. Me updating to the newest version of Renpy to compile the game, or B. Something to do with when I compressed the game.
It doesn't reality prevent me from progressing the game, It Just stays there... Forever, even if i save and reload the game. I tried going out of the Merc group, going to sleep, going to Battle again and again, i tried to not one-shot enemies to see if that was the reason, but nothing worked.

I Just don't want to be stuck for the rest of the game with a sticker on the top left of the screen that glitch itself in the character's heads

Yamemai

Nov 1, 2017
- Fixed issue where you would crash if you moved Ariel to her room.
Regarding the Ariel problem; haven't actually gotten her yet [since I have no clue how to due to the guild staff being bugged]. Clicked on her in the guild during night caused the error, since it auto 'go on date' [these doesn't occur during dusk, as there's one choice there -- probably due to it being Sara's time for dating]

btw, seems sleeping with waifu at night doesn't change the day [at least in beta v0.1]

Last edited:

TwiztidSinX

Game Developer
Jul 11, 2021
Regarding the Ariel problem; haven't actually gotten her yet [since I have no clue how to due to the guild staff being bugged]. Clicked on her in the guild during night caused the error, since it auto 'go on date' [these doesn't occur during dusk, as there's one choice there -- probably due to it being Sara's time for dating]

btw, seems sleeping with waifu at night doesn't change the day [at least in beta v0.1]
Hmm seems like Maybe when I creating that hint system for Beta 2, I need to cover how to get the girls easier.
So each girl is basically coded nearly the same way, talk to the 10x to get the 10 convos, you should be getting +10 affection after each unique conversation. (Which you can check in your book)
After you reach 100% Affection dates become available, talk to the girl at Dusk to go on a date.
You must go on 5 dates. Then Talk to Lilia in the Kitchen at Dawn, to have the conversation about bringing the girl into the house. All the dates should start from their NPCs at the Merc Group.

Also you are awesome at finding this bugs I keep missing, I just fixed the sleeping with waifu at night on my game. Thanks for bringing that to my attention as well.

TwiztidSinX

Game Developer
Jul 11, 2021
It doesn't reality prevent me from progressing the game, It Just stays there... Forever, even if i save and reload the game. I tried going out of the Merc group, going to sleep, going to Battle again and again, i tried to not one-shot enemies to see if that was the reason, but nothing worked.

I Just don't want to be stuck for the rest of the game with a sticker on the top left of the screen that glitch itself in the character's heads
You should know by now that I always keep it 100. That said, its not that big of a deal bro. Mainly because, while I too ran into that issue on the Beta 1 version. TBH IDK How or Why it happened? But on my main version of the game I have restarted new games no joke over 200 times and have not seen that issue pop up again. My game is the Alpha 3 version.

But the BIGGEST reason I say not to stress it, is because the Alpha 3 version goes from RenPy Version 8.1.1 to Renpy Version 8.2.3 the newest version. And since I added all the new stats to the battle characters in Alpha 3, it forces everyone to start over anyways. So the newer Renpy Version + Adding the new stats and all that made it so there was no viable way for me to keep saves able to carry over. I am going to try my best though to not force wipe peoples saves after Alpha 3. I will not say it will NEVER happen again, because I don't know all the variables that are going to be changed or added over time, and if I told you it would 100% never happen again, and it did, that would make me a liar and I do try my best not to lie to people about anything. Like if you were a free member of my patreon you would see that I have posted many times on there, that when I don't do a daily update, its just because of 1 of 2 reasons either 1. I took the day off, or 2. Nothing of note really happened that day. (It's normally this one. Because I have only had 2 weeks off in the last year.) Like right now I havent been posting updates on my patron in the last couple of days, and that is because I am struggling with writing Route 3 of Her Fall Chapter 9 part 3, I am not a fan of writing Netorare content. I am just as against that as I am against Loli content, so I struggle when it comes to writing that route in particular. Which sucks because I used to love working on Her Fall, mostly due to how easy it was. The coding for that game is so simple that I could teach anyone how to write the Renpy code for it, and they could literally have it mastered in less than 3 hours. And making the scenes and animations for it are pretty easy to, as it does not use any custom animations like MH does. So when it comes to Her Fall, 1 update takes me 1 day to code, 1 day to get all the renders and animations, usually its 5-600 renders and around 700 animations. But writing the script can literally take me more than a week, just because I have to put my mind in a dark place to write the NTR route. IDK how other Devs do their writing but for me, I create the characters and give them their own personalities so while writing I will think to myself "Ok this person said this, how would this person react to that." And the Route 3 version of Misaki is dark and twisted by everything that has happened, to the point that I do not enjoy writing her dialogue anymore. The only reason I am continuing to do it, is because I promised 10 chapters to that game. Thats literally it. I am at the point where I do not have fun or enjoy creating that route at all. So for the last 3 days I have done nothing on that games update when I should have it almost done by now, instead I keep running to this page and searching for bugs in beta 1 to fix. Thats fucked up right? Its like I am hiding from my own game.

Yamemai

Nov 1, 2017
Hmm seems like Maybe when I creating that hint system for Beta 2, I need to cover how to get the girls easier.
So each girl is basically coded nearly the same way, talk to the 10x to get the 10 convos, you should be getting +10 affection after each unique conversation. (Which you can check in your book)
After you reach 100% Affection dates become available, talk to the girl at Dusk to go on a date.
You must go on 5 dates. Then Talk to Lilia in the Kitchen at Dawn, to have the conversation about bringing the girl into the house. All the dates should start from their NPCs at the Merc Group.

Also you are awesome at finding this bugs I keep missing, I just fixed the sleeping with waifu at night on my game. Thanks for bringing that to my attention as well.
lol, I think that part is bugged too -- At least in Beta v0.1 -- Since I haven't talked to Ariel at all when she appeared in the guild. After I talked w/ Sara about 10 times, both her and Ariel appeared at the guild. With you being able to 'date' Ariel at any time besides dusk.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

breds5

Oct 10, 2022
WHERE IS Pursena ?
I'm having the same issue my friend. I have all the other girls recruited but her. her boss fight never popped up, idk about you but I think I glitched Linia cause she moved into my house but she has o affection and I have no options when I talk to her

TwiztidSinX

Game Developer
Jul 11, 2021
I'm having the same issue my friend. I have all the other girls recruited but her. her boss fight never popped up, idk about you but I think I glitched Linia cause she moved into my house but she has o affection and I have no options when I talk to her
That is exactly what happened. You unlock Pursena while recruiting Linia their stories are intertwined you can not do one and not the other. You should start by beating the Linia boss fight, then talk to Linia in the highschool 2nd floor hallway, only at the Afternoon time. You talk to her 10x during those conversations you are trying to piece together where Pursena is and how to rescue her.

Reactions: breds5

breds5

Oct 10, 2022
That is exactly what happened. You unlock Pursena while recruiting Linia their stories are intertwined you can not do one and not the other. You should start by beating the Linia boss fight, then talk to Linia in the highschool 2nd floor hallway, only at the Afternoon time. You talk to her 10x during those conversations you are trying to piece together where Pursena is and how to rescue her.
well I restarted to see if I could get it to work, are there any other requirements? I did the boss fight but when I go to talk to her at the school it doesnt give me any choices, it just says nevermind.

kitsunedawn

Aug 17, 2017
Hey thanks for taking the time to try it, So I know this does not help things right now. But there is an NPC in the game currently that does tell you where to go next you are actually directly next to them after the tutorial ends. Though the next update I going to be working on for the game I will be changing the scene for the office area completely, removing that NPC and adding it all to the book menu as I want to put as many features into that book as I can.

I have seen a couple of comments about the font color, so that baby blue color is the one you have issues with right?
Can you let me know what would be a better color? Personally I am debating just going with black arial font as a default for the beta 2 update as it will make it easier since that update will also be adding the Russian and Spanish translations to the game. Do you think that would look better?

The arrows thing, I agree they can be a bit of a pain in the ass to see, I am thinking about just changing them to a solid black arrow, I was going for a stylized look before and try not to cover up to much of the screen. But yea I have noticed sometimes that its like .... where tf is the arrow to leave this room.

This is not directed at anything you said, but it is something people have asked about or mentioned so I figured I would comment on it here too.

I am also going to be removing all of the fade and dissolve transitions when moving around in the beta 2 update, mainly to get feedback on what people prefer.
The blue was a bit hard to see, yes. It could get washed out and lost in the background.

As for the arrows things, I'd say an option might be to have a 'highlight' that happens in the directions you can go. So along the edge of the screen, you get a kind of graying or highlight. You can keep the arrows with that, stylistically, but the slight 'highlighting' will better help people figure out where to go or where to move to.

I'd also say, it may not hurt to add a 'highlighted' point for areas of interest you need to go to. So, just using it as an example, the one cell you have at the mansion or home I think it was? The little circles for each of the various rooms. A gold outline around one if you need to go there. Do the same with the map. If you need to, for example, go to the tavern area to do something, (I forget if you had a tavern area, but eh, this is just an example), then you have a kind of highlight around that area's icon. That tells the player "Hey, you need to go here"; without specifically saying where inside that area they need to go, or revealing the specific character the player needs to interact with.

TwiztidSinX

Game Developer
Jul 11, 2021
well I restarted to see if I could get it to work, are there any other requirements? I did the boss fight but when I go to talk to her at the school it doesnt give me any choices, it just says nevermind.
I just checked double checked my code to be sure, and yes for Linia's conversations to be available you need to be on Chapter 10.

The Following is a full walkthrough for every Chapter Flag in the game, and in the order they should be done.

1. Go to sleep on your second night.
2. That now continues from chapter 1 automatically.
3. Complete 25 E-Rank Missions, battle Sara, Talk to Sara in the Castle's Courtyard. 10 days in a row. (Only Available at "Morning") After talking to her 10x a new Option will appear that says Do you Need Help with Anything, which will load you into a special battle.
4. After Beating that battle you will get Chapter 4 cleared.
5. Talk to Sara in the Mercenary Group.
6. Head Home and go to sleep for another Visit from the Man-God.
7. Talk to Orsted in his office.
8. Complete 25 D-Rank Missions, Battle Ariel, Talk to Ariel in the Library 9x Can Talk to her Both at Dawn and at Morning so 2x per day. After the 9th time she will tell you to talk to Sylphy, You need to meet Sylphy in her room at Dawn for this conversation to happen. Then return to Ariel for the 10th Convo, then Back to Sylphy for a 2nd Convo, And then Back to Ariel for the 10 and 11th Convos, After this Ariel will move from the Library to the Merc Office.
9. Talk to Orsted in his office.
10. Complete 25 C-Rank Missions, then Battle Linia< This will get you to Chapter 10.
11. Talk to Linia 4 Days in a row, until you see the Conversation "Any News" for the Chapter 11 marker. Talk to Linia again 1 more day, this time instead being back at the school it will teleport you to your kitchen for a conversation with Eris.
12. You get Chapter 12 after finishing talking to Eris.
13. Talk to Linia again for Chapter 13 marker.
14. Talk to Orsted in his Office.
15. Talk to Linia again for Chapter 15 marker, which will again teleport you infront of Eris.
16. You get Chapter 16 for talking to Eris here.
17. Talk to Linia again.
18. Walk into you office to begin the Pursena Rescue Mission.
19. This is acquired also durin the Pursena Rescue Mission After the Battles.
End of Current Update.

2.30 star(s) 3 Votes