karabiner98k

Jan 21, 2020
I started Alternative just to test if it'll work on my machine because there's no point getting invested in the series if the sequel doesn't work, I've set up the audio levels and made a save on the first line of dialogue. It's far more stable on Windows 10 than the prequal, that one doesn't even want to start unless I put the folder in Local Disk C.

Alternative shocked the hell out of me with English voice acting, I've never heard of a dubbed visual novel before. :unsure:

Jan 28, 2018
Need confirmation on the links. When I finished downloading, the files I opened up in there is Alternative Chronicles. Not Alternative itself. Meaning it is not the game I was looking forward to.

Plus I couldn't play it since the game wont start for some reason to confirm it

Please recommend mending the links. Or confirm if it is Alternative but was given the wrong file name.

Thank you.

Kratas1337

Nov 21, 2019
Is the link still broken
No idea if the links changed or anything but I downloaded and unpacked it. Saw that it was placed into a subfolder called chronicles vol 1. But when starting the game I'm presented with: alternative.jpg

Start screen is also alternative. So I recon its a wrong naming of the subfolder.

souldray

Jun 5, 2020
Well, this hard ass VN....really painful to play...and this is pretty much end of the good story. Sad thing that all of the other game in this series is just a bull of crap...i hope integral can bring back Takeru in this world yet again....

Last edited:
Reactions: satou1507

hicaptanunderpants

Mar 16, 2024
View attachment 713906
View attachment 713907
In case you never found a solution and for anyone who runs across this issue, the prequel to this game has a thread on this site as well. It includes instructions for if you receive errors like this. Primarily Runtime Error 406 or Runtime Error 1006 both are shown above.

Tested on Win10 Creators Update.
Usage:
1. Put vdf2registry.exe to game folder
2. Make sure .vdf file exist within this folder
3. Run vdf2registry.exe (This will reset your in-game settings)

This worked for me even with this game.

Edit: This fixed the 3110 error for me as well.
this is from a while ago but thank you so much, this literally saved my ass and fixed my 3110 error I was about to give up :D

5.00 star(s) 8 Votes