lorenzo110

Jul 25, 2020
The new renpy version dont support windows xp anymore if that is what you were using, also here is a quote from their site.
Thanks for the reply. I am running windows 10 duo core CPU 19 inch screen Samsung Laptop. Not sure of the graphic card but it may be the culprit at this point. But with that being said I have downloaded a game with the similar issue I was having with My Best Deal. Milky Touch also updated to the new renpy. I wasn't able to play the game on the windows version but I had no problem running it on the Android emulator on the same Laptop. I just kind of find it odd that I have no issue at all running this renpy game Milky Touch on an Android emulator with the same graphics card unchanged on the laptop. With no lag or drag issues what so ever, with the new content running fine and viewable. I am hoping that Pirot will drop an Android version of this game, so I will be waiting patiently till then, since I am unable to run the windows version of this game. Thanks again.

Grimtown

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2020
I'm a bit confused by the walkthrough, when it says that you get a relationship point with Annie in her control path but not in her love path when the event itself suggests the opposite.
Is that a bug in the walkthrough or do i missunderstand the use of relationship points in the game?
I too am confused by this point? Should the relationship point not be given on love path?
I think the same. Pirot King Can you shed some light on this?

alibaba34

Mar 11, 2018
Stop spreading FUD. Even though RenPy and Python are open source, how exactly do you suggest Joe Random commit a HUGE chunk of malicious code somewhere and it would pass review and go unnoticed?

Jeez, I literally pointed it out 7 posts above:

If the source was infected, whether RenPy or Python, it would affect both versions, 32 bit and 64 bit alike, since they would be compiled from the same source.

Again, what exactly do you get from infecting just the 32 bit version that's going to be played by maybe 5% of people who download the game?

Let me repeat what I said above:
You could download source code of RenPy and Python, compile them yourself on a clean Windows installation on an air-gapped machine and it will still say the 32 bit version has a virus.
Now explain how exactly would that be possible (other than a false positive) and why would open source be vulnerable to this.
Buddy, this is a new thing and happens more often than you think. It’s not even an obscure type of attack. Instead of accusing me of spreading FUD, you could just

Software dependencies go really deep. It’s not realistic to be aware of every bit of code that you end up shipping. The least you can and should do, is to be aware of the stuff a level above. And maybe test it in a couple of different machines, as your own PC maybe compromised. I don’t understand why pointing out this, which may hurt people is such a big problem.

In my case, defender specifically pointed out the severe threat - Ymacco Trojan - in the exe. So it stands to reason that something fishy happened while building the game. And I have the 64bit version as well.

Last edited:

MobileGrunt

Oct 5, 2019
Buddy, this is a new thing and happens more often than you think. It’s not even an obscure type of attack. Instead of accusing me of spreading FUD, you could just

Software dependencies go really deep. It’s not realistic to be aware of every bit of code that you end up shipping. The least you can and should do, is to be aware of the stuff a level above. And maybe test it in a couple of different machines, as your own PC maybe compromised. I don’t understand why pointing out this, which may hurt people is such a big problem.

In my case, defender specifically pointed out the severe threat - Ymacco Trojan - in the exe. So it stands to reason that something fishy happened while building the game.
I've been getting the Woreflint.A!cl warning.

alibaba34

Mar 11, 2018
I've been getting the Woreflint.A!cl warning.
Maybe these are false positives, maybe they aren’t. My point wasn’t to insist there’s a virus. Only that people should know these kind of virus attacks are possible and they happen a lot. So take whatever warnings are shown seriously and at least understand the risk before proceeding. I don’t approve of simply dismissing these dangers.

Reactions: Wooloomooloo

lorenzo110

Jul 25, 2020
Hi everyone. I am not sure if this bit of information will help some that are having an issue with the Renpy game loading for Windows due to the new update for Renpy software forced on creators of these games, my assumptions. I discovered a work around I think. I did the following which finally loaded the new version of My Best Deal. I clicked the 64 bit exe to launch program and hit the shift key. Then at the display screen prompt that popped up in the renderer section I chose (force angle renderer) then closed the screen. I relaunched the game and the new version launched fine in windows without any issue. I hope this helps though I have to add that I am not sure if the startgame.bat exe file that was uploaded by a previous user also may have helped. If someone who might want to test this without the .bat file could let me know that would be helpful. I really hope this bit of info helps those that are having an issue with the new Renpy game files coming out. If I find out anymore stuff I will let the community know. Thanks everyone.

Reactions: Tomy75

fotogaik

May 13, 2017

False positives are a big problem. It's fine when your AV software is aware of the potential of false positives and gives you a chance to search for additional information regarding this "threat," or better yet, look it up on its own, and let you choose whether or not you want to launch that executable, but it becomes an issue when it's big bold red letters and you can't do anything.

In my case, defender specifically pointed out the severe threat - Ymacco Trojan - in the exe. So it stands to reason that something fishy happened while building the game. And I have the 64bit version as well.
"Something fishy happened while building the game."
No.
As I said, it's going to happen on a clean installation when building Python and RenPy from source and compiling either of the two included tutorials into a standalone game.
Nobody answered the most pertinent question: Where does that virus come from?
1. If it was a virus somewhere deep in the compiler, everyone would be affected, it would essentially doom humanity.
2. If it was malicious code in Python source, a lot more important software would be affected.
3. If it was malicious code in RenPy source, it would affect both 32 bit and 64 bit versions.
4. If it was malicious code in some game, it would affect both 32 bit and 64 bit versions and other games would be unaffected.
The explanation is simple: RenPy executables are essentially scripts compiled to binary which launch a Python interpreter environment for RenPy. They're largely identical for all games, so a virus with an internal structure similar to a RenPy 32 bit executable will cause AV software to flag all those files as suspect.

It's a wider issue. AV software is way too sensitive these days and a lot of false positives is sleazy advertising relying on scare tactics to a) there are a lot of threats out there; b) show that your antivirus is protecting you; c) you're not safe without antivirus. And a lot of people fall for it. It's a self-perpetuating lie.
What next? Somebody creates a virus with a structure similar to explorer.exe and AV software breaks your Windows installation over it? Of course not, AV is designed to be very careful with false positives concerning critical system files. But any third party software is fair game.

Gmandingo

Nov 3, 2019
Hi everyone, this is my very first post. I really enjoy this game and always look for it in the recent update page of this forum. But since many of the renpy game creators have recently gone to the updated renpy creator software none of those updated games can be played on my windows laptop. I discovered a work around for some of the games by downloading the android version and running the game on the Bluestacks emulator. But unfortunately some games like this awesome one does not have an android version. Is there any advice from some of you techy smart posters here that could provide me with a work around to continue playing this great game? Or maybe a free IOS emulator you can recommend to me? I would hate to delete and remove this game all together considering it was one of my favorites to play. I hope this is not a repetitive question that is being asked and I apologize if it is. It isn't my intentions to make anyone angry for asking this. Thank you for any response.
Try looking up unofficial android on the search tab for the vn / games you like hope this helps buddy ;)

lorenzo110

Jul 25, 2020
Try looking up unofficial android on the search tab for the vn / games you like hope this helps buddy ;)
Thank you for your reply. I will definitely keep it in mind if I run into the problem again. Though I got the windows version working again for me after trying a few things. Seems I didn't need an upgraded windows or graphics card after all to run the new Renpy games. Just had to change a setting in the game application and restart and it now opens up just fine and plays great. Thank you again.

Reactions: Gmandingo

longjohngold

Jan 22, 2020
This was pretty good.

Minor thing but someone needs to take out the " Others: COMPRESSED*" in the OP, my brain quickly jumped to that and saw that there wasn't a compressed version linked yet (as it's just white text) and so was waiting for it to appear... only later on closer inspection is there an entire set of compressed links above it, haha, so I'm not even sure why that bit is in there.

Only real complaint with the game itself is I hope there'll be more choices about how things go down in the future... it's not that short but really the only thing that feels at all impactful is if you let that teacher femdom you or not... I'm presuming the Annie choice will have more consequences later but so far didn't seem to change anything (I skipped through a second time to see), oddly enough while I like corruption, control and rough stuff I chose the love option for her as she was pretty cute... the family so far all are just on the love path with no choice about it... at the start of the game I actually thought I'd missed a tag and it was a kinetic novel.

That one rude blonde girl that tells you to go see the teacher at one point, that I'm hopping will later be an opportunity to really abuse Hecate's powers... I seem to remember in the devs other game you could get pretty rough with one of the girls so hopefully he'll step up to having more of that kind of stuff in this one.

So yeah, it was visually great, I love superpowers and supernatural stuff, I thought it was cool that the characters would often be moving ever so slightly as you talked to them, made it felt more alive... but I hope in future it'll feel more like you're actually getting to make choices and there'll me more opportunity to be real rough if you want to be.

Reactions: The Sailor Man
Jun 1, 2017
This was pretty good.

Minor thing but someone needs to take out the " Others: COMPRESSED*" in the OP, my brain quickly jumped to that and saw that there wasn't a compressed version linked yet (as it's just white text) and so was waiting for it to appear... only later on closer inspection is there an entire set of compressed links above it, haha, so I'm not even sure why that bit is in there.

Only real complaint with the game itself is I hope there'll be more choices about how things go down in the future... it's not that short but really the only thing that feels at all impactful is if you let that teacher femdom you or not... I'm presuming the Annie choice will have more consequences later but so far didn't seem to change anything (I skipped through a second time to see), oddly enough while I like corruption, control and rough stuff I chose the love option for her as she was pretty cute... the family so far all are just on the love path with no choice about it... at the start of the game I actually thought I'd missed a tag and it was a kinetic novel.

That one rude blonde girl that tells you to go see the teacher at one point, that I'm hopping will later be an opportunity to really abuse Hecate's powers... I seem to remember in the devs other game you could get pretty rough with one of the girls so hopefully he'll step up to having more of that kind of stuff in this one.

So yeah, it was visually great, I love superpowers and supernatural stuff, I thought it was cool that the characters would often be moving ever so slightly as you talked to them, made it felt more alive... but I hope in future it'll feel more like you're actually getting to make choices and there'll me more opportunity to be real rough if you want to be.
About choice to cum or not in Rin , have some impact later another than get her preg or not?

D

Deleted member 3103287

this would be a great game if 70% of the dialogue was removed.

3.80 star(s) 108 Votes