3.10 star(s) 40 Votes

filochard

Feb 1, 2018

Hi everyone.
First of all sorry for the delay before posting but I was waiting to have something concrete to tell you. I finally finished the renderings for the 0.8 version. Finally we are approaching 500 images of unique renderings.
Now that it's finished, I have to clean the images, finish the writing (I did about 65-70%), and code.
I know it may seem long but the more images I add the more the rest of the work increases exponentially, but we're on the final lap for this update.

I also quickly mentioned it in a comment but I will change my patreon levels and benefits starting next month. Without going into details all the changes will either be an improvement of the level's benefits or a price decrease of an existing level. I will make a separate post where I will explain the changes. ( You can thank RMA who encouraged me to review my levels ^^)

I thank you again for your support. And courage there is not long to wait to see the 0.8.
I'm going back to work. See you all soon.

fotogaik

May 13, 2017
And to think that version 0.8 was expected to be released back in September. I don't think we'll see it before end of November. Maybe before end of the year.
Which means that high tier patrons will have paid for four months (Aug-Nov) and were provided with nothing in those months.

Before any accusations: I know that it's their own money and patrons have their own choice to keep their subscriptions active regardless of the creator's actions. I also think it's sleazy for a creator to be leading people on like this. There's no contradiction in this.
I'm perfectly fine with creators getting "money for nothing". It's what patronage meant centuries ago, after all, and it gives creators the ability to focus on actually creating things. But this should be stated up front and not hidden behind a ruse that a release is just around the corner to keep supporters engaged.

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
And to think that version 0.8 was expected to be released back in September. I don't think we'll see it before end of November. Maybe before end of the year.
Which means that high tier patrons will have paid for four months (Aug-Nov) and were provided with nothing in those months.

Before any accusations: I know that it's their own money and patrons have their own choice to keep their subscriptions active regardless of the creator's actions. I also think it's sleazy for a creator to be leading people on like this. There's no contradiction in this.
I'm perfectly fine with creators getting "money for nothing". It's what patronage meant centuries ago, after all, and it gives creators the ability to focus on actually creating things. But this should be stated up front and not hidden behind a ruse that a release is just around the corner to keep supporters engaged.
yeah, thats why some more experienced devs are producing wallpapers and/or short comics so their high tier patrons are getting something...while waiting 6+months on an actual game update:HideThePain:
yet, what one can expect from smaller devs while top devs, such as dpc (badik), working "alone", take few developing months more with each update they release...and supporters are perfectly happy, and those devs are considered as hard working dedicated devs pushing hard and providing great updates:KEK:
small scale devs really have hard time, though im sure majority of them dream to be dpc one day.
for now, at least, they can adopt his "model" and "work ethic":BootyTime:

Mac182

Jan 1, 2019

Looks like Bella could use a hand from our hero. But to do what, that's the question.

1669319515395.png

1669319619255.png

Mrs. Wesmore looks hungry. We wonder what can get her into such a state.
1669319671673.png

filochard

Feb 1, 2018
Are there any updated dates?
You know that you can check that by yourself ?
You just need to go to his patron's page and, even if you didn't subscribed, you can see if he has posted anything since his last November 24th post...

filochard

Feb 1, 2018

Hi everyone, I'm coming to give you some news about the progress of the 0.8. I finally finished the writing (more than 70 pages) and made half of the images cleaning. Now I just have to code, finish the cleaning of the remaining images and the animations and it should be good.
We are in the last straight line before the release. I would estimate that there is still a large week of work left. I'll post a release date when I'm a little bit more advanced.
I'll get back to work and see you soon

fotogaik

May 13, 2017
I'll post a release date when I'm a little bit more advanced.
Translation: If I knew I'd finish this month, I'd say that now. But since I already know I won't make it this month, you'll be lucky if I release v0.8 in January and not later.
I'm going to tease a possible update this month anyway, and I'll post the actual release date when it's too close to the end of the month for you to do anything about it.

3.10 star(s) 40 Votes