2.50 star(s) 47 Votes

CAT0X0

Jul 26, 2019
So when does it end?, I'm still having to get the data from Ivan laptop quest and already got the second card from Rita, but whatever I do I cannot combine card and camera, and yes it's the one with a card reader slot
Apparently the task "Get the data from Ivan's laptop", ends after Rita gives the second memory card to the mc in this version of the game, and everything suggests that it will continue in the next update.

And if you decompile the file:
...\MCR2-1.0.01013extra-pc\game\_content\city2\gromov_house\Ivan_office\nout.rpyc
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
which corresponds to the failed attempt to hack Ivan's laptop with the first memory card + camera MK2 (or higher) + cable, there is no other subsequent rpyc inside that folder containing texts linked to another hacking attempt with the second memory card. And if there is no rpyc corresponding to that event, we will have to wait until the next update. And the game also doesn't allow to combine the second memory card with the camera yet for that reason.
And in the thread so far no one mentions that he was able to combine or hack Ivan's laptop with the second memory card in this version of the game, and only ask about how to do it, so everything points to the fact that this task ("Get the data from Ivan's laptop") cannot be completed in the current version.
And also because of not having performed the tasks related to "Get the data from Ivan's laptop" in the correct order, some tasks that should have been completed continue to appear as pending. Because when the mc arrives at the Gromovs' House or the University for the first time after arriving in Russia, he finds the laptop in Ivan's office with the ! symbol with that task enabled, or Rita in the Laboratory ready to answer him, when he should only see Rita again after Tolik warns him first in the corridor:

Tolik: "Hi, have you seen the new chemistry teacher yet?"
mc: "Not yet"
Tolik: "Be sure to go to her lecture, I'm sure you'll like it. It's best for you to sit in the second empty seat in the third row, counting from the bottom."

then attends that class in the Lecture Hall, where he is surprised to find that Rita is the Chemistry Professor, and where after finishing that chemistry class and before the mc leaves the hall, she asks him:

Rita: "Did you find something for me?"
Derek: "Um, what was I supposed to find?"
Rita: "Ah, yes, I forgot that you went instead of Mike. I should have given you a briefing."
Rita: "Remember, I told you on the plane that Ivan is developing biological weapons. Our task is to neutralize these weapons."
Rita: "Your task is to get the files from Ivan's laptop without him noticing."

after which only then should the ! icon appear on Ivan's laptop enabling that task, or Rita appear in the Laboratory, and not after the mc arrives at the Gromov's House or for Anya to take the mc to the University for first time.

Last edited:

tamaco

Jul 19, 2017
can't combine with the memory card and the camera.
I mean the second memory card. I have already combined the first one, but second one doesn't work

sb10l

Apr 9, 2020
Could use a bit of help/advise. Hack Ivan's computer and film wife. Tried searching, maybe I wasn't using the correct words. I have a camera, a card received from Russian lady (Russian language) and a cable. I put the card with the camera. Went to Ivan's office. Can't get anything to happen! How to connect camera/card and cable to Ivan's laptop???? Either a glitch or I am not doing it in the proper order???? Thanks

CAT0X0

Jul 26, 2019
Could use a bit of help/advise. Hack Ivan's computer and film wife. Tried searching, maybe I wasn't using the correct words. I have a camera, a card received from Russian lady (Russian language) and a cable. I put the card with the camera. Went to Ivan's office. Can't get anything to happen! How to connect camera/card and cable to Ivan's laptop???? Either a glitch or I am not doing it in the proper order???? Thanks
If you mean the task of trying to hack Ivan's computer with the first memory card that Rita gave to Derek in the Chemistry Lab at the University. You have to open the inventory, select the icon of the first memory card with the mouse, hold down the mouse button after selecting it to be able to drag it over the icon of the camera, which does not have to be the MK1 but an MK2 or higher, which are the ones with a memory card reader. After dragging the memory card icon over the camera icon in the inventory, a warning appears when I combine them, replacing those two icons with the icon of a camera with the memory inserted. Then you have to select the cable icon in the inventory and then the Ivan's laptop to start the hack.
If you are referring to the second memory card that Rita gives to Derek after an event in a chemistry class in Lecture Hall, you cannot yet combine that second memory card with the camera, because all sugests are that this task will be continued in the next game update.

And in order to complete the task "Put the phone on the nightstand" that you have to complete first in the task "Lida's video", an alternative is to edit line 209 of the file hero_quests.ini:
...\MCR2-1.0.01013extra-pc\game\db\quests\hero_quests.ini
replacing in the line 209:
daytime = evening night
by
daytime = evening
which was what at least I did in order to complete that task "Put the phone on the nightstand", which was bugged by not having done some "Get the data from Ivan's laptop" tasks in the correct order as I commented in this other post:
https://f95zone.to/threads/my-cute-roommate-2-v1-0-extra-fixed-astaros3d.90002/post-12627005

Reactions: djdevastate

usurpatore

Jan 2, 2019
Start out by only going in one step on the righthand slider. Basically just put the tip in and out one step of the slider... after you go back and forth doing that a few times the pleasure meter will go up a bit and then level off... when it starts leveling off, go in one step deeper on the slider and in and out again several times... just one notch... again the pleasure meter will go up again a bit before leveling off.

Repeat this process of sticking it in a tiny bit further and then going in and out 1 step to get the pleasure meter a little higher before it levels off again. Eventually you'll fill the pleasure meter and finish the minigame.
I tried, but when the pleasure bar is full, the game restart from 0.
Can someone give me a save file or complete my minigame?

Last edited:

CAT0X0

Jul 26, 2019
Last edited:

Takkertje

Mar 4, 2020
Oke , just deleted this whole shit before i got a hammer and destroyed my expensive Asus laptop.
What the fuck is wrong with this game?
Keep getting this dickhead when starting that 'downloads' a virus>complete and shuts the lot down.
Won't start.
I have played this in the past.

CAT0X0

Jul 26, 2019
any solution?
At the end of the tracebak you attached it states:
Windows-10-10.0.19041 AMD64
Ren'Py 7.6.3.23091805
My Cute Roommate 2 1.0.01010extra
Wed Jan 3 12:20:43 2024
and the problem is that you are playing with the Version 1.0.01010 that was released first, which contains bugs as missing images or that the game closes to the desktop in the suck-Rita minigame. And they have already warned in several posts in this thread that you have to download the fixed v1.0.01013 and not the v1.0.01010 which is bugged, including the developer's warning:

https://f95zone.to/threads/my-cute-roommate-2-v1-0-extra-fixed-astaros3d.90002/post-12602024

so try downloading the Version: 1.0.01013 Extra published in this post:

https://f95zone.to/threads/my-cute-roommate-2-v1-0-extra-fixed-astaros3d.90002/post-12640646

or other v1.0.01013 bug-fixes that have been posted in the thread, and check that the main menu of the game indicates that it is Version: 1.0.01013

https://f95zone.to/threads/my-cute-roommate-2-v1-0-extra-fixed-astaros3d.90002/post-12668928

Irrfan007

May 9, 2020
At the end of the tracebak you attached it states:

and the problem is that you are playing with the Version 1.0.01010 that was released first, which contains bugs as missing images or that the game closes to the desktop in the suck-Rita minigame. And they have already warned in several posts in this thread that you have to download the fixed v1.0.01013 and not the v1.0.01010 which is bugged, including the developer's warning:

https://f95zone.to/threads/my-cute-roommate-2-v1-0-extra-fixed-astaros3d.90002/post-12602024

so try downloading the Version: 1.0.01013 Extra published in this post:

https://f95zone.to/threads/my-cute-roommate-2-v1-0-extra-fixed-astaros3d.90002/post-12640646

or other v1.0.01013 bug-fixes that have been posted in the thread, and check that the main menu of the game indicates that it is Version: 1.0.01013

https://f95zone.to/threads/my-cute-roommate-2-v1-0-extra-fixed-astaros3d.90002/post-12668928
Actually even in the extra version I am facing the same issue.

IOError: Couldn't find file 'gfx/items/michail_ring.png'.

Ren'Py 7.6.3.23091805
My Cute Roommate 2 1.0.01013extra
Sun Jan 14 01:10:43 2024

CAT0X0

Jul 26, 2019
any solution?
Actually even in the extra version I am facing the same issue.

IOError: Couldn't find file 'gfx/items/michail_ring.png'.

Ren'Py 7.6.3.23091805
My Cute Roommate 2 1.0.01013extra
Sun Jan 14 01:10:43 2024
Did you install the Walkthrough Mod or another mod that may have overwritten some script in the game?

Because I didn't have that problem and the image you are referring to must be Mikhail's ring, which is inside the archive.rpa file:

...\MCR2-1.0.01013extra-pc\game\archive.rpa

...\MCR2-1.0.01013extra-pc\game\gfx\items\m_ring.png

but in my copy of the game which is Version: 1.0.01013 Extra posted in this thread, that image is called m_ring.png and not michail_ring.png.
So maybe you are using a compressed version that has renamed it when compressing it, or if you have installed the Walkthrough Mod that is not updated, maybe it appears renamed in its scripts. Or if you are using a third party translation, maybe it contains the name of that image translated by mistake, because that character is not called michail either (michail_ring.png) but mikhail.

I attach a rar containing that m_ring.png image that I extracted from archive.rpa using RPA-Explorer:

and also another copy of that same image m_ring.png that rename to michail_ring.png

test if by copying both images inside the game respecting the folder structure, find that missing michail_ring.png image outside the archive.rpa

...\MCR2-1.0.01013extra-pc\game\gfx\items\michail_ring.png

otherwise you will have to try extracting the entire contents of archive.rpa with UnRen:

https://f95zone.to/threads/my-cute-roommate-2-v1-0-extra-fixed-astaros3d.90002/post-12630335

then deleting archive.rpa so that it reads the data from the folders you extracted, and copying the missing michail_ring.png into the folder:

but apparently it's a problem with your copy of the game, which I don't know because it looks for that image as michail_ring.png instead of m_ring.png.

Reactions: Krithor

Irrfan007

May 9, 2020
Did you install the Walkthrough Mod or another mod that may have overwritten some script in the game?

Because I didn't have that problem and the image you are referring to must be Mikhail's ring, which is inside the archive.rpa file:

but in my copy of the game which is Version: 1.0.01013 Extra posted in this thread, that image is called m_ring.png and not michail_ring.png.
So maybe you are using a compressed version that has renamed it when compressing it, or if you have installed the Walkthrough Mod that is not updated, maybe it appears renamed in its scripts. Or if you are using a third party translation, maybe it contains the name of that image translated by mistake, because that character is not called michail either (michail_ring.png) but mikhail.

I attach a rar containing that m_ring.png image that I extracted from archive.rpa using RPA-Explorer:

and also another copy of that same image m_ring.png that rename to michail_ring.png

test if by copying both images inside the game respecting the folder structure, find that missing michail_ring.png image outside the archive.rpa

otherwise you will have to try extracting the entire contents of archive.rpa with UnRen:

https://f95zone.to/threads/my-cute-roommate-2-v1-0-extra-fixed-astaros3d.90002/post-12630335

then deleting archive.rpa so that it reads the data from the folders you extracted, and copying the missing michail_ring.png into the folder:

but apparently it's a problem with your copy of the game, which I don't know because it looks for that image as michail_ring.png instead of m_ring.png.
yeah I did but installed another copy but probably the PC interconnected with appdata files somehow, but thanks for ur time

Reactions: CAT0X0

Irrfan007

May 9, 2020

thanks dude it worked

sb10l

Apr 9, 2020
If you mean the task of trying to hack Ivan's computer with the first memory card that Rita gave to Derek in the Chemistry Lab at the University. You have to open the inventory, select the icon of the first memory card with the mouse, hold down the mouse button after selecting it to be able to drag it over the icon of the camera, which does not have to be the MK1 but an MK2 or higher, which are the ones with a memory card reader. After dragging the memory card icon over the camera icon in the inventory, a warning appears when I combine them, replacing those two icons with the icon of a camera with the memory inserted. Then you have to select the cable icon in the inventory and then the Ivan's laptop to start the hack.
If you are referring to the second memory card that Rita gives to Derek after an event in a chemistry class in Lecture Hall, you cannot yet combine that second memory card with the camera, because all sugests are that this task will be continued in the next game update.

And in order to complete the task "Put the phone on the nightstand" that you have to complete first in the task "Lida's video", an alternative is to edit line 209 of the file hero_quests.ini:
...\MCR2-1.0.01013extra-pc\game\db\quests\hero_quests.ini
replacing in the line 209:
daytime = evening night
by
daytime = evening
which was what at least I did in order to complete that task "Put the phone on the nightstand", which was bugged by not having done some "Get the data from Ivan's laptop" tasks in the correct order as I commented in this other post:
https://f95zone.to/threads/my-cute-roommate-2-v1-0-extra-fixed-astaros3d.90002/post-12627005
Ok. Thanks for the reply. Not happening. Camera/card merged. Click on cable. Finally found a way to convert the Russian words...this is what is diplayed when I click on the laptop.
1705194866061.png

CAT0X0

Jul 26, 2019
Ok. Thanks for the reply. Not happening. Camera/card merged. Click on cable. Finally found a way to convert the Russian words...this is what is diplayed when I click on the laptop.
View attachment 3260865
It looks like you skipped a previous task, because after Rita hands Derek the first memory card in the University Chemistry Lab, Derek first tries opening the inventory, selecting the memory card, and then Ivan's laptop. And in that text translated from Russian to English in your screenshot:

"Maybe you won't stick your hands in the laptop, but take a memory card?"

Dick seems to suggest to Derek to try a memory card, which you don't have separate from the camera if you've already combined both items.

So try loading a previous savegame where you don't have the memory card combined with the camera, so Derek can open the inventory, select just the memory card, then the Ivan's laptop, and then after complete that other previous task, go for the other task where he needs the memory card + camera + cable in the inventory.

Edit: If you still have a lot of Russian text when Derek interacts with Ivan's laptop, you may be playing v1.0.01010 and not v1.0.01013, because v1.0.01013 translated some Russian text in those scenes into English.

Last edited:
Reactions: lulu3

CAT0X0

Jul 26, 2019
Where is Mikhail's ring? The maid keep saying she didnt see. Damn
If when you check the pending tasks on the phone, find this:

Task: Find a money (Day) > Tip: I think I can ask Lida about any housework that she will pay me for.

At that time (Day) have Derek go to the house and then to the kitchen, where the notice (!) of a pending task upon Lida appears, select Lida, and when Derek asks Lida about "Household chores", Gulya hears it and then tells him "Your room needs to be cleaned.", and Derek goes with Gulya to his room. And after finishing that scene, when Derek goes to the kitchen and asks Gulya again "Ask about the ring again", she then asks him "Wait a minute, do you have a social media profile?", after which Gulya's profile on Tittygram appears. Select the phone, then Tittygram, start scrolling down through Gulya's photos, and at one point Dick notices that one of those photos shows Mikhail's ring.

phillsm23

Jan 4, 2020
If when you check the pending tasks on the phone, find this:

Task: Find a money (Day) > Tip: I think I can ask Lida about any housework that she will pay me for.

At that time (Day) have Derek go to the house and then to the kitchen, where the notice (!) of a pending task upon Lida appears, select Lida, and when Derek asks Lida about "Household chores", Gulya hears it and then tells him "Your room needs to be cleaned.", and Derek goes with Gulya to his room. And after finishing that scene, when Derek goes to the kitchen and asks Gulya again "Ask about the ring again", she then asks him "Wait a minute, do you have a social media profile?", after which Gulya's profile on Tittygram appears. Select the phone, then Tittygram, start scrolling down through Gulya's photos, and at one point Dick notices that one of those photos shows Mikhail's ring.
Holy shit. Thank you very much.

2.50 star(s) 47 Votes