Sural Argonus

Chimpanor Productions
Donor
Game Developer
May 12, 2017
I (along with many developers) don't like the rule change, but have to deal with it until something better and reliable is out there. Some have migrated to ich.io or whatever that place is...others are doing other things. I was thinking about just using straight up blind donations via PayPal for my development company and not have anything connected to games anywhere visible...but real life has taken priority right now, I don't have time to develop. So I put my game on hold.

tazlucky09

Jul 18, 2017
I (along with many developers) don't like the rule change, but have to deal with it until something better and reliable is out there. Some have migrated to ich.io or whatever that place is...others are doing other things. I was thinking about just using straight up blind donations via PayPal for my development company and not have anything connected to games anywhere visible...but real life has taken priority right now, I don't have time to develop. So I put my game on hold.
last time i tried paypal for my old site they wouldnt allow me to cuz is was "adult content" however that was about 5+ years ago they may have changed now

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
sex games count as "adult content" so i dont thank he/she can use them but im sure he/she was just using them as an example
I mean its Paypal thats behind Patreon's policy change. Patreon handles money through Paypal you see.

bas

retired
Donor
Respected User
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
Patreon is cracking down on incest of any kind. Forcing devs to change or be banned.

To quote:
"We also do not allow other fringe sexual fetish content, such as incest, necrophilia, or fetish content that is hard to distinguish from non-consensual sex."
Aren't you just half-tempted to point out to them that their list doesn't quite capture "fringe sexual fetish content"? :)

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
Aren't you just half-tempted to point out to them that their list doesn't quite capture "fringe sexual fetish content"? :)
I think they should just ban anything sexual in nature! to save our children's delicate soul through protecting us from it! ..and they should ban fun too. Definitely fun...

Reactions: bas

Sural Argonus

Chimpanor Productions
Donor
Game Developer
May 12, 2017
Actually you can kinda fudge the system. All you gotta do is not mention anything about "Adult Content" and hope no jackass reports you. hahah

Reactions: bas

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
With this title, every number after the actual update number means a bugfix. So 0.7 means its the 7th update that comes with content and the .1 afterwards means the first bugfix patch.

Reactions: |UserName|
3.30 star(s) 172 Votes