Geese

Jul 21, 2017
Are we supposed to be stuck in the scene when we have a wet dream because I'm stuck? xD.

zahratustra

May 13, 2018
It gets buggier with each update. Now I can't buy anything in the store. I could do it in the earlier installments but now I've started a new game and all I'm getting is "An exception has occurred". Books, technics, clothes, everything.

Toka3

Mar 23, 2019
freshly off downloaded and whenever i use the tv it gives errors? and such. any idea why this is happening. i tried downloading again.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/tv.rpy", line 451, in <module>
NameError: name 'scenes' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/tv.rpyc", line 451, in script
    m���06_�!R*�g�R    k�/TK�"m    �I��:�����T���J���].��9财^`�D`̥�X�\na��+

IIIDreamerIII

May 5, 2017
Code:

While running game code:
  File "game/storeinit.rpy", line 262, in <module>
NameError: name 'categ' is not defined

Full traceback:
  File "game/storeinit.rpyc", line 262, in script
  File "D:\Games\My_cute_roommate\My_cute_roommate-1.3.0ex-win\renpy\ast.py", line 896, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "D:\Games\My_cute_roommate\My_cute_roommate-1.3.0ex-win\renpy\python.py", line 1929, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "game/storeinit.rpy", line 262, in <module>
NameError: name 'categ' is not defined

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.2.0.424
 1.3.0ex
Fri May 03 16:22:22 2019

i need help my shop dont work :/

Toka3

Mar 23, 2019
freshly off downloaded and whenever i use the tv it gives errors? and such. any idea why this is happening. i tried downloading again.

Code:

While running game code:
  File "game/tv.rpy", line 451, in <module>
NameError: name 'scenes' is not defined

Full traceback:
  File "game/tv.rpyc", line 451, in script
    m���06_�!R*�g�R    k�/TK�"m    �I��:�����T���J���].��9财^`�D`̥�X�\na��+
Also the shop doesn't work.store.

zahratustra

May 13, 2018
Given there's a single developer and they're cramming new content into an already fairly elaborate game it's not that surprising if there are bugs. I understand when there's an earlier release cycle where the dev makes it clear that these bugs will exist and requests for them to be reported so that they can be fixed for an eventual, stabilized, release. QC and validation are not trivial and require time, crowd-sourcing allows for more persons to contribute relatively small amounts of time to accomplish this whereas a lone dev might have to spend weeks doing it alone during which time no new content will be generated.
So you are saying that we should be grateful because somebody attempted something even though he failed to deliver? Are you aware that it isn't a default state and that there are devs capable of making complicated games which aren't a buggy mess and that we do actually have a choice?

Reactions: TheorPhys

rangaru

Jun 25, 2017
IIrc Dev wanted to finish this game but patrons menaged to convince him to keep supporting and make another game in the same time. So it's probably not supraising seing him butcher the game he don't longer give a shit about and decided that has no potential. I would be better if he just concetrated on new game. But hey, people spoken.

lalelu4433

May 7, 2017
So you are saying that we should be grateful because somebody attempted something even though he failed to deliver? Are you aware that it isn't a default state and that there are devs capable of making complicated games which aren't a buggy mess and that we do actually have a choice?
No, he is saying to not be an ass to people you probably don't even pay. With "you" I don't mean you in particular, but everyone complaining rudely and/or without suggesting things how to make it a better game.

Actually this should be really, really easy because this is how you do things in real life as well:

You pay for the game? I applaud you. You want to be constructive and try to maybe contact the dev directly on how to make a better game for you and everyone else - if you don't like the game as is.

You don't pay for the game? Don't judge. Don't complain about something you get for free. It's your choice to play it. If you don't like it, stop playing or try to make it into something better - in a constructive way with polite comments.

I know it's normal, this is the internet after all. But please, anyone complaining about this game, please show us all that you can do better. We will appreciate it :cool:

zahratustra

May 13, 2018
No, he is saying to not be an ass to people you probably don't even pay. With "you" I don't mean you in particular, but everyone complaining rudely and/or without suggesting things how to make it a better game.
But it doesn't work like that. Well, at least for me it doesn't. I got burned couple of times and now I won't buy a cat in the bag. I download a game from here to test it and to observe it for a while. And if I'm happy with what I'm seeing then (and only then) do I offer my support for the dev. So, according to that template, My Cute Roommate is a failure.

DreamBig Games

Donor
Game Developer
May 27, 2017
What is really funny is that the people who, in most cases, don't support the Dev in any way, are yelling harder at him: This is bugged, you fucked up this and that, and so on.
Dudes, you have no right what so ever to judge or say anything about his game. You should be grateful that he is not slapping a DMCA on the website, requesting to remove his game from it. I don't know if he uploads the game here himself or not, but even if he is, it's your choice to play it or not. Even if the game is bugged or shitty, HE MADE SOMETHING, unlike 90% of the people here so you, thinking you can do better, then do it. Prove the dev wrong, prove him that his coding skills, his imagination is below yours, do it by MAKING A GAME yourself. If you can't do that, then sit down, shut up and don't play the game.
For the users who actually play the game and contribute in meaningful ways: Patreon, bug reports, etc. : RESPECT!

TheorPhys

May 28, 2018
What is really funny is that the people who, in most cases, don't support the Dev in any way, are yelling harder at him: This is bugged, you fucked up this and that, and so on.
Dudes, you have no right what so ever to judge or say anything about his game. You should be grateful that he is not slapping a DMCA on the website, requesting to remove his game from it. I don't know if he uploads the game here himself or not, but even if he is, it's your choice to play it or not. Even if the game is bugged or shitty, HE MADE SOMETHING, unlike 90% of the people here so you, thinking you can do better, then do it. Prove the dev wrong, prove him that his coding skills, his imagination is below yours, do it by MAKING A GAME yourself. If you can't do that, then sit down, shut up and don't play the game.
For the users who actually play the game and contribute in meaningful ways: Patreon, bug reports, etc. : RESPECT!
No way man. Bug problem isn't about supporting dev or something about it. It's just a constructive critics.

Wladdevon

Sep 15, 2017
people have the right to say whatever they want, but that doesn't mean devs are going to listen to whatever people who don't pay and just want free content say, or even acknowledge them. and yes, dmca is always an option

3.30 star(s) 172 Votes