My Daz questions: As I learn it

KiaAzad

Feb 27, 2019
the fitting morphs are usually under "Actor" category, if you can't find anything useful there, you can always use "mesh smoothing" options.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
is there (there must be) a way to save pose subsets? I dont care about the model or clothes, I want to be able to save just the poses to apply them to any gen8f (or whatever gen i'm working with) all of the free poses suck for the most part and I dont want to have to recreate every pose I do if I can save them.
Save as -> pose.
another thing i'm running into is stupid stuff like this there is no scale option for this item to make it fit even though its for gen8 and already "fit to"
Auto fit isn't perfect... yes that's all there is to it^^
You can either use morphs, or mesh smoothing like Kia mentioned (there are also hidden morphs you can unhide btw), or go to parameters -> your character -> General -> Misc, and set "Fit-to mode" to "Auto Follow Transforms". This enables the transforms again und you can move, rotate and scale it freely.

Hamfist

Nov 16, 2019
stupid question of the day. what's the difference between a set and an actor? like seen in this screen shot? is it just that it includes all the gear it's wearing? like a subset (no I didn't buy the lumber jack he came with daz)

Hamfist

Nov 16, 2019
Taking a break from the tech stuff and simply fleshing out the story and putting in tags where I'll need coding. I had to make a flow chart for the portion of the game i'm working on because of the complications of the current scenario, each of 5 choices leads to 5 or less choices directly after (depending on which choice was made) each has varying outcomes from positive to neutral to end game death. I'm really having fun with this. even if the images and renders suck the story is going to be one I would want to play. (not saying it will be good just that i'd play it)

Hamfist

Nov 16, 2019
Trying to set a reasonable goal on work days (today's work day was from 6:00am to 4:45pm or 16:45 if that's easier for some of you) of minimum time per day per task of one hour daz practice (pre-setting poses, outfits and creating characters not to the point of creating environments yet I don't have the resources yet) but trying to make sure it's all vaguely related to or can be used in the "game", one hour story line focus, and half hour coding. Once I finish the story line for "monday" which is day one in the story (which will be the first release once it's finished with renders music etc) I'll switch the time to coding. So it'll be an hour and a half coding. The coding is going to take forever since this is my first go through but I dont want to fuck it up, so i'll take my time and not rush.

Eventually the schedule will change to suit the needs of the project especially once I get to the point of actually creating renders and tying them into the story. but for now this seems to be getting me decent progress.

it's winter so on my days off barring family obligations I'll just plug away most of the time at whatever floats my boat. In reality even working 9 to 11 hours a day I spend about 5 in front of my computer so that should work even if I digress which I often do.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
stupid question of the day. what's the difference between a set and an actor? like seen in this screen shot? is it just that it includes all the gear it's wearing? like a subset (no I didn't buy the lumber jack he came with daz)
A Set is a scene subset where basically everything that is in the scene can be saved, an Actor is just that, only the actor, nothing else, no clothes, no hairs, no nothing.

Hamfist

Nov 16, 2019
ok opinion time, in daz, I am going to need to develop a redhead (every game needs at least one) for my game, any game devs want to chime in with which base model/actress tends to lend itself the best to the creation of the fabled ginger?

Porcus Dev

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2017
ok opinion time, in daz, I am going to need to develop a redhead (every game needs at least one) for my game, any game devs want to chime in with which base model/actress tends to lend itself the best to the creation of the fabled ginger?
Don't forget that, whatever the base model, redheads always have a point of craziness, it's their nature :devilish:

crazy jessy.png

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: lexx228

Hamfist

Nov 16, 2019
plus I'll say that's awesome, (not just the redhead) the posters in the back ground of other renders. well put together scene, very complete environment.

Reactions: Porcus Dev

Hamfist

Nov 16, 2019
*sigh* still working on the resources to even put together one complete scene let alone all the scenes I'm going to need for this game.

Hamfist

Nov 16, 2019
100th post, what is everyone's experience with resources from renderocity? good bad indifferent?

Hamfist

Nov 16, 2019
here's a hot redhead, she'll pick you up at last call and leave you chewing your arm off to get away first thing in the morning.....
it's my version of friday, I have a bottle of vodka and a 30 rack of beer, i'm planning on seeing If I can drink her pretty.

I just put all the sliders for every "actor" I have to 100% on the face to see what the results are, they are quite concerning.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Porcus Dev

Hamfist

Nov 16, 2019
man I can't wait for a GPU that can handle a render load because the CPU bottoming out and knocking my music offline is really starting to get annoying.

HFSTime

Jul 13, 2019
100th post, what is everyone's experience with resources from renderocity? good bad indifferent?
I've used them in the past and haven't had problems with them. I have noticed that you'll tend to find more of the non-explicit sexier items there (namely outfits) that Daz won't offer in their store. There's a number of vendors that sell on both like Zeddicuss. And Renderosity does have asset QA teams that vendors work through so it's not like there's a distinct lack of quality with them.

Hamfist

Nov 16, 2019
nope more shots are definitely in order
she's looking like a last call jack-pot..... That's the chick you get in a fist fight with your buddy over, then the next day..... Your daily dose of reality check was brought to you by twenty2 vodka (no that's a lie they didn't sponsor me at all, ever, and I'm sure they would be appalled to be mentioned here but it's a good vodka, seriously one of my favorites. can they sue me for a bad joke? I hope not.) either way jokes aside. Beer goggles are dangerous. have a good night everywho.