My Daz questions: As I learn it

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
plus I'll say that's awesome, (not just the redhead) the posters in the back ground of other renders. well put together scene, very complete environment.
Ha! You'd be surprised how a really complex scene looks xD

100th post, what is everyone's experience with resources from renderocity? good bad indifferent?
It's good, they also have some nice free stuff, just keep in mind that most of the assets there won't work with the dim and smart content out of the box.

Hamfist

Nov 16, 2019
ok love this site but this repeating banner of the orangutan fucking a saltine is tired, I hope they paid a lot to be repeated this much.

Hamfist

Nov 16, 2019
before anyone get all up in "race arms" I'm finnish, french, english, drunk, and a mix of other crackers so I get to make that joke.

Last edited:

Hamfist

Nov 16, 2019
Ha! You'd be surprised how a really complex scene looks xD

It's good, they also have some nice free stuff, just keep in mind that most of the assets there won't work with the dim and smart content out of the box.
hopefully, I downloaded a bunch of assetes working on figuring out how they work. need so many more with open licensing to make all the scenes.
this project will be at least 7-8 months in the making

Hamfist

Nov 16, 2019
ugh, my liver isn't built for processing a whole bottle of vodka anymore... 4:30 rolls around awful quick

Hamfist

Nov 16, 2019
heres a situation I definitely wan to avoid (pulled this screen shot from a game) squared floor to sky, I'm assuming there are backdrops or something?

Hamfist

Nov 16, 2019
and of course the sky is visible through the "floor" of the render, dont know if he was trying to make it look like a reflection but it just looks super sloppy to me

Hamfist

Nov 16, 2019
most of what I'm learning is character creating (aka buy the packs with the morph sliders for creating originals) how to create and label them etc. also watching tutorials on how dforce works, how to set it up for sucess etc. there are so many features in daz with intricate steps it's going to take a long time before I'm fully capable.

also spent time looking for free resources online (with commercial license). and downloading anything that may be useful.

oh FYI strand based hair is a bitch when you dont have a clue what you are doing. made a girl look like a radiation therapy patient trying to make some nice hair. lol fun though.

Hamfist

Nov 16, 2019
i'm going to have to watch most of the tutorials over. while working with what they are doing... sigh. it's been an educational day if not overly productive.

Hamfist

Nov 16, 2019
I will now thanks, I didn't realize there was a thread for licensed freebies, I knew about the asset release one for the pirate stuff, but I can't use any of that. (of course i'll double check before downloading) right now all the free stuff I have found I haven't even unzipped or put into daz yet they are all sitting in a little folder to wait for me to organize them into the right library tab.

Hamfist

Nov 16, 2019
so installed a bunch of the freebies and tested them out some of the ones I was most interested in just appear as grey blocks and say there's a ton of missing files sigh (all of the ones by zoro_d) not sure what i'm doing wrong with them but that's 2 hours of moving files and testing each piece as it went in. but I got most of them installed correctly. some throw fake errors alerts and load just fine.

like this one that's a bench it has it's own library listing which I think is the problem but I don't want any third party under my original library, i'll try to install it further down the file path and see if that sorts it out

Last edited:

Hamfist

Nov 16, 2019
and yes I created a seperate folder for all 3rd party content on a seperate drive so if somethings buggy in that folder it might only screw up that folder instead of my actual daz library and only pooch that drive if it's really bad lol

Hamfist

Nov 16, 2019
did you have a look at this (especially the morphs)?
Question about the eyes you made as a 7z file is there a particular way to unpack those? I haven't tried them yet since they saved different from a normal zip file. figured since you made them I might ask you

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Question about the eyes you made as a 7z file is there a particular way to unpack those? I haven't tried them yet since they saved different from a normal zip file. figured since you made them I might ask you
Just unpack the "Runtime" and "People" folder into your "My Library" folder.

Reactions: Hamfist

Hamfist

Nov 16, 2019
Why are all the good ones doing this what am I doing wrong there is no way there are that many messed up assets on renderosity, this is a really nice dress it wont even load

Porcus Dev

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2017
Why are all the good ones doing this what am I doing wrong there is no way there are that many messed up assets on renderosity, this is a really nice dress it wont even load
That looks like just textures, you have to load the first and then apply the extra textures.

Hamfist

Nov 16, 2019
ahh so 99% of the stuff I downloaded requires having some purchased product to make it work instead of them being complete items... sigh