My Daz questions: As I learn it

Hamfist

Nov 16, 2019
jesus I watch one 10 minute long tutorial on this I gotta watch some more ( I also went and got a new keg for the kegerator and went shopping but hey this is productive right?)

HFSTime

Jul 13, 2019
Since I am creating a game with mostly free resources, and art styles vary so much from creators (I think the list of credits for the "resources used" designers is going to be insane when I'm done), most of my scenes will be focused on the individuals and objects in the back ground will be mostly out of focus unless they are integral to the action,
Yeah, that's a fun part to figure out in building cohesive scenes. One thing I've noticed with a good number of designers on both the Daz and Renderosity stores is that they sometimes have a tendency to be 'too extra' for my liking. Especially when it comes to clothes and environments/buildings. Maybe that'll push me to make my own assets at some point.

Hamfist

Nov 16, 2019
Had to go drop my child of at her grandmothers. so two hours later I made the tank lid (still needs the flush button) but hey figured why not see what it would look like in stainless. that looks like one cold fucking toilet. I'm not sitting on that in winter. (yes the tank lid is hovering above because it's going to stay a seperate object for scene generation, want to remove the tank lid so Mr.MC (or ms. about-to-get-caught-bending-over) is doing something other than touching a leaky faucet have him work on the toilet that wont flush or whatever, hell have them hit some one with it I don't care. it'll be part of the prop. now comes the hard part the seat and hinges. kind of want to make that a separate part so it can be "broken" "open" or "closed" I'll shape the seat then worry about the hinges and flush button later. still needs a water feed line and outlet from the bowl too. (the outlet will just be a curved pipe that dead ends out of sight).

Last edited:

Hamfist

Nov 16, 2019
not going to lie here but it also took my dumb ass 7 minutes to figure out why my XYZ manipulators vanished.... fucking cat hit my space bar while I was grabbing a beer) open/close the program search all menus, bang head off wall... sit down accidently hit space while sliding keyboard tray back to ready position.... poof they magically re-appeared....

Hamfist

Nov 16, 2019
kind of wish I had done the underside of the toilet so if some one wanted to say tip it over as a piece of junk in an alley they could (oh wait I can still edit it as much as I want never mind)

Hamfist

Nov 16, 2019
no I'm not going to do the actual underside of a toilet with the wax ring seat and bolt holes that's about 90% more effort than is needed. I'm struggling enough here stop yelling at me.

Hamfist

Nov 16, 2019
today was a lot of fun, at this point it's been about 17 hours of plugging away (with random real life shit in the middle) i'm going to save this file and go.... visit the wife. Just so you know (not that anyone cares) but when/if I ever finish this as a resource it will be open license (hell if you want this as a base to start with I'll send you the hex file for you to extrapolate on)

Hamfist

Nov 16, 2019
I refined the tank lid a bit and installed the flush button i'm not going to go into detail with all the tank innards.

Hamfist

Nov 16, 2019
hmmm thinking... how the hell do I put water in it? or is that something I should do in daz and leave it as a dry prop?

Hamfist

Nov 16, 2019
anyone have a guess how to create an axis point for my seat hinges to operate around in hexagon I have the hinges I just need to create an axis for them

Hamfist

Nov 16, 2019
I decided I was overthinking it, I'm just going to lock two shaped that look like hinges under the seat and people can freely pose the seat

Hamfist

Nov 16, 2019
I decided the toilet looked wrong without a flush handle on it... so I put one on the tank