VN Ren'Py Completed My Dear Diary: Futa Desires [v5.0] [Sofia xxx]

3.80 star(s) 29 Votes

Crosaith.

Nov 18, 2017
Badkarmakid , you can give me 1 star, but I can write here what I do think about your review!

Unfair Review Alert!
It's disheartening to receive a single-star rating for a game that features good renders, zero bugs, animations, music, immersive sound effects.
While I can understand if someone rates it a bit lower due to personal preferences, giving it just one star is a highly unjust review.
I genuinely value the opinions of all players, but it's disheartening when such reviews can potentially harm the recognition of the hard work invested by the creators.

When those haters are given the space to spew their crap (sorry, I meant 'express their so-called honest opinions'), we, as creators, damn well should be allowed to fire back and give them a taste of their own medicine. I'm not gonna lie, I'm getting pretty damn emotional here, but let me be brutally honest—I can't freaking stand these guys and their negative vibes.

I'm at the point where I'm seriously considering giving up on game development altogether... So, I apologize for the emotional outburst on my end. :cry:

Sofia XXX
Dramatic af. Not everyone's gonna like what you create. v5 ain't that good. That one-star review is just as valid as your 5-star reviews.

kommnistulum

Feb 27, 2018
Badkarmakid , you can give me 1 star, but I can write here what I do think about your review!

Unfair Review Alert!
It's disheartening to receive a single-star rating for a game that features good renders, zero bugs, animations, music, immersive sound effects.
While I can understand if someone rates it a bit lower due to personal preferences, giving it just one star is a highly unjust review.
I genuinely value the opinions of all players, but it's disheartening when such reviews can potentially harm the recognition of the hard work invested by the creators.

When those haters are given the space to spew their crap (sorry, I meant 'express their so-called honest opinions'), we, as creators, damn well should be allowed to fire back and give them a taste of their own medicine. I'm not gonna lie, I'm getting pretty damn emotional here, but let me be brutally honest—I can't freaking stand these guys and their negative vibes.

I'm at the point where I'm seriously considering giving up on game development altogether... So, I apologize for the emotional outburst on my end. :cry:

Sofia XXX
Honestly if negative reviews are enough to get you spiraling to the point of quitting game dev then you probably weren't cut out for the life of a creative anyway. In any case this is the exact wrong way to react to a negative review, the correct way is to evaluate whether the review has any merit and if it does then accept the critique and implement it if possible or at least use it as a learning opportunity for the future. In the event that there is no merit to the critique then responding is just flat out dumb since all you're accomplishing by responding to it is giving it undue credibility.

TL;DR: Don't feed the trolls, unless they aren't trolls in which case don't be butthurt since they're just trying to give constructive criticism and you'll come off like a dumb asshole.

Badkarmakid

Sep 22, 2019

Unfair Review Alert!

Sofia XXX
sofia_xxx you can call me out all you want but my reasoning behind my review stands. I will admit that my review is biased by my own preferences and since I had just finished playing the update and was displeased with how it progressed I failed to mention the sound effects and music in my review. Many games forgo this entirely and when they do include them it isn't always done well. It was done rather well in this case so I will update my review to reflect this. Also I'm not a hater, I have not played your other games and I have nothing against you personally, hell I don't know you personally to have anything against you. It was not my intention to hurt your feelings, and I am sorry if I did so.

I played through this game twice. Once when v3.0 was released and now once at v5.0. I wasn't blown away with anything I saw but it was entertaining for a brief while. Initially I was curious about how this story would end so when I saw v5.0 was released with the completed tag I decided to give it a go but it is honestly once of the worst 'endings' to story that I have ever seen. For the entirety of the game up to v5.0 the only characters present in the story where the MC and Jin. I was expecting this update to wrap things up between them but you decided to add two additional characters for a cheap throwaway threesome scene where MC cheats on a now pregnant Jin behind her back. It just doesn't make any sense to me. Of course it is a player's "choice" but if you decline it the game just ends, so the entire purpose of the update was that scene. Also not giving the player a choice of whether they want MC to get fucked by Rosa is an interesting development choice. Some players would rather be a 'top' rather than a 'bottom' and making that decision for them ruins the trust between developer and player.

If my review was enough for you to have an outburst like this I seriously recommend you take a step back and ask yourself if this is the right space for you to be in. Not everyone is going to love all of your work and not everyone is going to be your friend. Some people are going to be much more harsh than I have been. Like I said before it's nothing personal on my end I'm just reviewing a game that I played and sharing my honest opinions about it. Looking at the four 5 Star reviews that followed mine It would seem my opinion is that of the minority but that does not mean that it is any less valuable or fair.

On a parting note I hope you are able to work through any internal debates you are having about game development and wether you will continue or not. Regardless I wish you luck in your future endeavors, whatever those may be.

Last edited:

neutral22

Feb 28, 2021
To me it felt really really short, -but- it's a game that's actually -finished- from A-Z.
Seeing how many are abandoned or get stuck in development hell for years, it's ... nice :)

Genuinely enjoyed the art, and the characters. Just enough freedom (branching) in the story to keep me interested.
Like Badkarmakid mentioned, it did end rather abrutly. I went in with no expectations however, and was happy enough that I could avoid the other characters.
I liked Jin, and wanted to stay with her (exclusively)

DanLong

Mar 23, 2018
Futa on was hot. Would be even hotter with a little asian futa. Maybe a threesome?

Game is awesome!!! 10/10

Jan 8, 2022
I still cant wrap my mind around how our MC here thought through a sneaky means of having sex with her roommate, did it in an extremely risky way which of course would end like you can expect depending on which choices you make towards the end. And she even thought to sneak birth control pills into her roommate's coffee, yet at the same time she never thought to using sleeping pills and go into her room at night.

Durbog

Dec 30, 2023
Really hate this game....i mean: it have nice renders, animations etc, but MC is really b...h, i hope this game will get rework, and here will be more choices about telling Jill truth at beginning. So for now for me hard pass

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: fortuna95

DanLong

Mar 23, 2018
This is almost the only game on here that says Futa and means Futa. So many say "Futa" and mean Tranny.

77icew

Feb 5, 2022

Unfair Review Alert!

Sofia XXX
Hello Sofia_XXX. Yes I like your games, have many beautifull girls, and, of course, many leglock(she wrapped her legs around her or his waist.).

Jamers

Aug 3, 2020
I dont remember making any demands this entire script is litterally about impregnation talks about it, plans it out, inacts it, goes to many lengths to stimulate these ideas only for us to not see it al all. so yeah its a cuck. also i dont really care about being called but hurt. im giving feedback. im pretty sure devs want feedback good or bad. helps in every book, movie, song, and anything remotely interesting in life.
hmm, pretty sure I remember seeing a very pregnant Jin by the end of chapter4. just saying, maybe you are doing it wrong.

3.80 star(s) 29 Votes