VN Ren'Py Abandoned My Dessert Story [v0.2b] [TeamRedProductions]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote
Nov 7, 2017
Wolf Plays™ said:
Cliffhangers are fucking stupid.
Well I have to agree to disagree with you there. Of course some cliffhangers can be annoying but not this cliffhanger here which is one of the best from all times on television that was done right and I still love it today.

However with this game I might agree with you which v0.1 is too short and yeah it ends at an annoyingly way when it was getting so interesting and I was really enjoying it. Lol. At least I enjoyed seeing this Emma and other nice renders in this game and hopefully the next update is a little longer.

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
Well I have to agree to disagree with you there. Of course some cliffhangers can be annoying but not this cliffhanger here which is one of the best from all times on television that was done right and I still love it today.

However with this game I might agree with you which v0.1 is too short and yeah it ends at an annoyingly way when it was getting so interesting and I was really enjoying it. Lol. At least I enjoyed seeing this Emma and other nice renders in this game and hopefully the next update is a little longer.
But, did you grow up with all your favorite shows hitting you with cliffhangers ever week? I did. I hated them back then and I hate them now. But, I do agree that it was too short and the renders were good.

Nov 7, 2017
But, did you grow up with all your favorite shows hitting you with cliffhangers ever week? I did. I hated them back then and I hate them now. But, I do agree that it was too short and the renders were good.
Lucky me I wasn't hit by multiple cliffhangers in many of my favorite shows every week nor remember all them. Well I might hate many cliffhangers in new shows that I watch nowadays but sometimes I like the suspense especially when it puts me on the edge of my seat as long as it's not a long wait. Star Trek: TNG, in its third season finale where Picard gets captured and assimilated by the Borg and Riker orders Worf to fire on the Borg vessel and the episode ends with a "To be continued..." is definitely one of the best cliffhangers to me and I don't think no other modern show, movie or video game can topped that. If this game had a cliffhanger like that then I would be fine with it and wouldn't hate it.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Cliffhangers have been around for as long as people have been able to tell stories. The storytellers want people to come back to find out what happened. We're talking thousands of years here. And it's not going to end as long as people are still around to tell stories, in whatever medium they choose to tell them.

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
Cliffhangers have been around for as long as people have been able to tell stories. The storytellers want people to come back to find out what happened. We're talking thousands of years here. And it's not going to end as long as people are still around to tell stories, in whatever medium they choose to tell them.
Then you have impatient fucks like me that would rather kill the storyteller today, than wait until their return.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Then you have impatient fucks like me that would rather kill the storyteller today, than wait until their return.
Good one!

Hey, I hear ya! No problem. We all dislike one thing or another.

Just stating the facts of serialized life. :D

And I bet you download the next release (provided there is one) to find out what happened.

EthanHunt95

Oct 23, 2019
Renders are damn good!!!!
Hope there is a good story....
Looking forward next updates....
Best of luck Dev.....

yihman1

Knockout Master
May 11, 2017
Here is my thoughts on 0.1 of this game took a chill for a few minutes from some developing to check it out.

I see that it has potential. I saw those pretty girls, and the renders look nice, and it's written well enough in terms of dialogue to be enjoyable.

My main gripe with it in this early state is it feels like half the content is just: Lets follow this guy around the gym and watch him workout, and then go take a nap. Don't get me wrong an exercise scene could be fantastic in an adult game.

The thing is though nobody gives a shit how much the protagonist can lift. Toss a pretty girl in that gym if we gotta watch that guy do some weights. It would be fine if he did a few curls and then looked over at some chick doing yoga, or some other chick jogging on the treadmill checking out her ass... None of that though it's just alone in gym, and if you are a guy trying to masturbate... That's not good unless your gay, and then it's fantastic.

Then he goes home and takes a nap, and there is this asian the door and she pretty cool I guess we get to check out her butt for a second.

Then it follows some other dudes that buy cupcakes and check out the cupcake girls for a minute and cam back to our guy about to see a crime roll credits. The whole 0.1

With the way things are going in this game I predict it's going to become either a really really good game, or boring as fuck and here is why:

Really really good game route: If it started this way to show how mundane and boring the guys life is and then adds excitement of a girl joining him at the gym, and and some fun drama with the cupcake girl, and some other fun shit fuck yea! Sometimes it's good start out boring / mundane giving that sort of vibe and then dial it up. If it does that then it's gonna be great I'm really looking forward to it.

Boring as fuck route: If it continues along in the same way it currently is... no just no. Nobody wants to just watch some dude working out alone that's the most boring thing ever.

My other issue with it is the excessive use of choice-less menus. A little bit of that is okay. If you have a sex scene and it gets you to the next animation, but it's boring for stuff like "Do squats".

Coding needs improvement.

1st 5 menu = single menu choice all gym crap
6th menu = look left / right (blind choice makes no difference both could have been done)
7th menu = choice list to continue (it's basically just look around room then sleep no menu was really needed here, but it's okay I guess)
8th menu = put on pants or not, the only real choice in any menu so far. (It's a minor choice too but putting pants on lets you check her butt twice not once)
9th single = single choice look closer
10th menu = single choice check her butt out
11th menu = investigate further single choice again

Of the 11 menus I found only 1 that was a real menu of consequence that served a purpose. It's okay to slip a few single menu choices in to the script. Particularly if it's leading to the next sex animation that can feel a little more immersive or even toss one in just before the end of the version so players can start off at that point next time.

In summary the recipe for success this game can follow is this (In my opinion):

1) Quit with excessive pointless menus. A couple if fine, but 10 bullshit.
2) Nobody gives a shit what dude can lift. No point in a gym scene if it's just a dude alone so boring. Add a chick next time.
3) Erotic situations desperately needed. The only erotic part was perving on a girls butt for a second and she was fully dressed.
4) More interactions with the girls in general. A lot of this was just dude by himself at the gym working out.
5) Blind choices are bad as they are always gambles. (as in look left/right without any reason behind it)

I hope this dev learns and makes it better. It's still early, and it's not to late. The renders are nice looking forward to actually interacting with the girls instead of a mopping up before squats and situps.

tombeir

Oct 9, 2018
Please enjoy and Please help us spread the word, guys.

Reactions: VOYEUR and rick87

Hysni

Engaged Member
Jan 7, 2020
Mid Girl Looks similar from -Daughter for Dessert :cool: (y)
Game Looks Sweet and Tasty :love:(y)

Grimtown

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2020
3dcg - adventure - male protagonist

Three tags? That's... very few.
Is there any sexual content in the game?
Could someone comment which tags are missing, so a nice mod can add them?

Well, new tag to be added.
Care to elaborate? :)

Reactions: mofonistik
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote