Mod Ren'Py My Dorm Multi-Mod [v0.12 + Part 2 fixes][RiamMar]

RiamMar

One Hand Clapping, Heart of the Keyforge
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
Errrm, just replied to it in the games thread...

For those not having read it there a TL;DR:
Those scenes only show if you aren't already on their route on Day 5. But since the variables are available within the game, the switches for them pop up in my mod.
I will try to make it more clear in the future and when my mod is integrated into the games profiles pages; when the path selection is layed out better, it should be less confusing.

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
I think I found an error.

I'm playing another run in family mode (as always) and I decided to take the "tell Erika" path just to see how it worked, and at one point in the car, the girls are teasing the MC about loving Emma, and he looks at her (while driving ...) and says "Girls, calm down. Of course I love Emma. She's my step-sister." (This happens right after what I presume to be Jamaal sending her the 411 about her soon-to-be-ex) That should just be sister in family mode, right?

And to be clear, I'm playing the latest version available to me, with the full mod (obviously).

Reactions: RiamMar and Trope95

Trope95

Formerly 'TropecitaGames'
Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
I think I found an error.

I'm playing another run in family mode (as always) and I decided to take the "tell Erika" path just to see how it worked, and at one point in the car, the girls are teasing the MC about loving Emma, and he looks at her (while driving ...) and says "Girls, calm down. Of course I love Emma. She's my step-sister." (This happens right after what I presume to be Jamaal sending her the 411 about her soon-to-be-ex) That should just be sister in family mode, right?

And to be clear, I'm playing the latest version available to me, with the full mod (obviously).
You are right. I just checked the files and found the mistake. He should say sister in both versions (family and non family). In the non family version he adds a thought:
1678002898871.png
Thanks for reporting it :)

RiamMar

Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
That's not an error... It's a feature... Well, probably not enough coffee in TropecitaGames body, as he wrote/translated those line? There shouldn't be a mention of step-anything in the game anywhere and this scene and the Emma jealous kiss scene later are the only places that use those terms.

I played the scenes with and without patch and the patch is working just fine. With no patch, he would say:
Python:
mc "Girls, calm down. Of course I love [emm]. She's my step-sister."
if Incest == False:
    mc "{i}(At least she thinks she is.){/i}"
There's no check for relationship in or before the step-sister line (line 906)
Later on, in the jealousy-kiss scene in MC's bedroom, there's a double down on the patch:
Python:
if Incest == True:
    mcp "(I'm her brother for God's sake!)"
else:
    mcp "(She thinks I'm her step brother, for God's sake!)"
This would imply that he's not even her step-brother, since she only "thinks" of him as that, so he isn't really... Comparing that with the "family line" I would suggest the following to TropecitaGames

File C01.rpy lines 906 and 1386 change:
"step-sister" to "sister"
"step brother" to "brother"

Not sure about the spanish part, but "Chicas, calmaos. Claro que quiero a [emm]. Es mi hermana." and "¡Ella cree que soy su hermano, por todos los santos!" are looking non-step-ish to me.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: Trope95

RiamMar

Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
You are right. I just checked the files and found the mistake. He should say sister in both versions (family and non family). In the non family version he adds a thought:
View attachment 2439882
Thanks for reporting it :)
God damnit Trope! Let me write my epic page long replies in peace... I knew it was you as soon as the red (1) popped up on the alarm. :ROFLMAO:

Have a look at line 1386 as well!

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Also, it seems like there should be slight changes on the way home after the club, which don't seem to be there. None of this seems important, since this is the "other" path, but now I feel obligated to point them all out. I'll put it in a spoiler box so I don't spam the thread.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
[Edited to remove my MC name to prevent future confusion ...]

Reactions: Trope95 and RiamMar

RiamMar

Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
Also, it seems like there should be slight changes on the way home after the club, which don't seem to be there. None of this seems important, since this is the "other" path, but now I feel obligated to point them all out. I'll put it in a spoiler box so I don't spam the thread.

Yeah, we will probably have a look at some inconsistencies later. I want to do a re-master of the code when we are done with part 1. I'll have a more in-depth look at the dialogue then as well and consult with TropecitaGames about those.

Trope95

Formerly 'TropecitaGames'
Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022

[Edited to remove my MC name to prevent future confusion ...]
Edited the after-Twins scenes (I'll put the code in spoiler so you can read the provisional alternate versions to what you have read)
Once again, thanks for the heads up.