Jul 15, 2021
I wouldn't call it lazy or cliche, and cliches like tropes exist for a reason and that's because they typically make sense.

An overweight self conscious girl would when put into a new environment want to take control of her situation. So to her making the jokes first about herself is better than others making it about her.

What you're complaining about is in effect human nature, like if you complained about how any of the other characters felt about about themselves for anything that isn't 100% unique a reason to feel bad.

I'm sure as Katie settles in, as you so rightfully noted she's only been here two in world days, and gets more comfortable she'll stop with the self deprecating jokes

I'm glad the dev has so many people willing to go to bat over the slightest bit of criticism. It's a bad trope in an otherwise very good game, you don't need to type out a missive defending it

Reactions: Trope95

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
512 I don't think he is defending it, he is as you were stating his point of view, In fact your previous post, brought up a point to consider, even if I agree with what S1nsational is saying, I think that I know Trope better, and that the reason for this dialoge is more on S1nationals side of reasoning.
I took it that she is trying to bond with Martha, "honoring the host" , so to say quiet comon in my culture circle.
Not even thought of both interpretations given.

Trope95

Formerly 'TropecitaGames'
Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
Very nice!

Are the outfits from an artist/creator on DeviantArt?
(I'm asking because I think I've seen something like those there)
Daphne's outfit is a freebie from DeviantArt, Scarlett's is an old Genesis2 from Daz, one of the first I bought some years ago for my Traveler game.

This is just getting weird. MoonBox also did a Jabba's palace-related pic.

... I wouldn't recommend checking it out ...

... Seriously, don't do it ...
Late. I saw it on Discord :D

Juicer97

Jun 2, 2022
Damn this actually was a good surprise. Good harem with good looking girls. I tried grandma's house before but the characters were not really to my taste. But in this game I like most girls. Pretty good amount of content for year. I wasn't gonna try this this early but then i looked at the change log and got surprised by the amount of renders. Def worth a support.

Trope95

Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
Damn this actually was a good surprise. Good harem with good looking girls. I tried grandma's house before but the characters were not really to my taste. But in this game I like most girls. Pretty good amount of content for year. I wasn't gonna try this this early but then i looked at the change log and got surprised by the amount of renders. Def worth a support.
Thanks for your kind words. It's been an intense year :D

Trope95

Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
First year (II) - A week later
Thanks to one player, the original image that I was going to post finally has become an improved reality (Thanks, Skyborn).
We've been working together for some days to bring you the "First 21 Girls" image, with some repositioning (his idea) that improves the result and un-crowds some parts of my original idea.
All our girls are finally in a single image. If I were the MC my hands would be shaking holding the camera and the image will be unfocused and blurry.
Anniversary_final_1080.jpg
Thanks to the other players who also worked to do it (Elhemeer and sagerock820) with the poor quality of my original material

Last edited:

Trope95

Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
I'm surprised they were the only two of the games I follow honestly. May the 4th, has been a thing for a while now.
I almost missed it. Here it isn't a thing outside some circles (I belong to them) and the press. So when I started to receive messages from my friends about it I was already working and yesterday was my long shift. I sat in front of the computer at ~23:15 and published it at ~23:45 (already had the assets I needed). That's why it's a very simple render.

I had 3 games do a May the 4th, but its not surprising rendering takes time.
Planning the scene, finding the assets, posing, rendering, etc.
I had all day at work to think about the composition and already had the assets I needed, so it was relatively fast for me. And above all, it was fast to render since I had the dessert asset (a beach in reality). But in those 30 minutes, I could have posed 2-4 in-game images.
2-4 images (without rendering them) would make no big difference to the next update release date (already over 814 renders in), so I thought a special render would make sense after the First year-21 girls' image bittersweet experience (today it has been sweetened when I received the final image).
My Dorm players deserve anything I can do.

TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022
I had 3 games do a May the 4th, but its not surprising rendering takes time.
Definitely not trying to downplay the work or render time, just figured the overlap of Star Wars fan and AVN dev is probably close to a perfect circle. Which game was the third one?

snakeplisskin

Mar 19, 2018
Definitely not trying to downplay the work or render time, just figured the overlap of Star Wars fan and AVN dev is probably close to a perfect circle. Which game was the third one?
Sexbot. The dev is a pretty big Star wars fan and has already done a small stars wars parody game. So it wasnt surprising he went hard for May 4th

Reactions: TigerWolfe
Oct 10, 2022
First year (II) - A week later
Thanks to one player, the original image that I was going to post finally has become an improved reality (Thanks, Skyborn).
We've been working together for some days to bring you the "First 21 Girls" image, with some repositioning (his idea) that improves the result and un-crowds some parts of my original idea.
All our girls are finally in a single image. If I were the MC my hands would be shaking holding the camera and the image will be unfocused and blurry.
View attachment 2597704
Thanks to the other players who also worked to do it (Elhemeer and sagerock820) with the poor quality of my original material
Please tell me we gonna see Debbie in that lingerie. Holy fucking shit!

Trope95

Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
Please tell me we gonna see Debbie in that lingerie. Holy fucking shit!
It fits her, right?
I haven't assigned lingeries for the individual girls, if it has the right dials (for undressing her), I'll keep it. The other option I usually don't like is the all or nothing lingerie.

Last edited:

TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022
Out of curiosity what's the LI cap? 20 in the pic plus 3(?) more students plus clone spies (2?). So 25, or are there more?

4.00 star(s) 101 Votes